We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Ultra Community Pack v1.04

Milli

I think a little differently. I converted some cars for World Racing 2 few months ago so I have some experience. If you have a permission from mod author you can convert his model to another game. When there's not a problem for the author and you giving him a credit it's alright. But when I look for mods on HF-Garage, I can see that lot of latest models have not specified an original author. For example. In author's line there is usually "GTA San Andreas and other games". Where is the author name? This is the problem.

Stories, you're new to the community as you said, so listen up:

This forums do NOT support stealing mods and we do not support or encourage it. So, if you care or not, it is up to you, but one thing you can do, which is keep the comment about that to yourself.

Few members have beeen banned by causing troubles about mods.

Plus, the community sees mod stealing as something you shouldn't do. Since you're new to the community, you better know what is "right and wrong". And before you argue with someone who has seen it deep inside, you should listen. That is called respect, and that is how you get your voice heard.

You can be the best TDU player ever, and that is great, but the community has it's rules, and your skill as a player has absolute no value here. A friendly advice, before you get in trouble.

And you Pator should behave too. Now, enough about this argument.

I think a little differently. I converted some cars for World Racing 2 few months ago so I have some experience. If you have a permission from mod author you can convert his model to another game. When there's not a problem for the author and you giving him a credit it's alright. But when I look for mods on HF-Garage, I can see that lot of latest models have not specified an original author. For example. In author's line there is usually "GTA San Andreas and other games". Where is the author name? This is the problem.

Amen to that !!!

Some bugs noticed after 1.04 patch

When I enter the map the game is about to crash. Not everytime but really often now.

Chevrolet Chevelle SS and Mercedes S65 AMG are disappear from dealership.

I don't know about that map issue, it runs fine here, and just checked, both are still in dealership. Check it in Modding Tools...

Edit:

Gegk674.png

OnF9bQv.png

8VRdiYF.png

Recent taken screenshots.

Can someone give information about all traffic related folders?

So far I know only about AIConfig.xml and traffic models in bnk>vehicules folder

I am asking about it because im trying to fix my issues with traffic, so far I stopped VERY often disappearance of it (now it disappear more rarely) and limit of traffic cars (I could only see 8, rest would not be seen)

So, since I'm playing for quite a few days with Ultra Community Pack, already got Champ rank, and trying to proceed with complete maxing the game, I guess I can share some of my feelings about this whole project.

First of all, I adore the base concept of this pack. New stuff is always welcome in my book, specially if it goes about TDU, which is one of my favorite games ever. Specially new cars, in such big amount. It feels great to drive around in those new vehicles, starting from JDMs, through hot hatches, GT's, sport coupe, to exotics. Thats just gorgeous, and I catched myself on randomly buying even slowest cars, because I just enjoy them, no matter if it's new Lambo, or VW Golf.

Tuning is really great. I always felt like tuning options in TDU were added just because NfS had tuning. It always pissed me off, that not much of them had really big upgrades, like Alfa Romeo GT V6, or Ford Mustang which got Saleen updates, giving one of the coolest secret cars in the game (I found out it exists about 7 years after I first played TDU). Now, with those huge amount of cars, it's really great that some of them have multiple tuning options. It feels really great to buy car like a Mitsubishi Lancer and have variety of options to choose from, including bodykits, and performance upgrades.

I also admire how cars feel different from each other, even in the same class. I really enjoy driving without any driving aids (on keyboard, I hope that gives me some cred), and discovering the new stuff about cars. For example, I have recently bought Porsche 918, after driving about 500 kilometers in Ferrari LaFerrari. And I was kinda shocked to discover how different those cars were. 918 being this hammer, brute that you through into curve, and hope the POWAH will solve everything. LaFerrari feels more precise, it's not as fast in terms of low rev acceleration or max speed, but when it goes through curves, even though it has just RWD, it feels more competitive in curves. I still have to get McLaren P1 though, so I will compare whole trio...

And it's not just about those three, on low points, it's really different. Civic Type R, Golf GTI, Toyota GT86, they all feel so different! It's really amazing!

But, there are few things I would recommend to fix or add in future updates.

1. There are still problems with few NPC, mostly in motorcycle races. Sometimes they dont load, so it is impossible to start race, or pause it. I had it on Canyon Revenge, and this mA class race, near Island Tour start line.

2. Speaking of bikes - it would be cool to get some new bikes! Why not take some of the slowest ones, or boring ones, and replace them with some newer ones? It would be super amazing to get some stuff like Ducati Diavel...

3. Well, I remember what you said about car dealerships, but... damn, it would be cool to get more cars. Like, even more. You could delete those custom cars, that took over Pontiac Dealership, so there would be additional 10 slots, maybe get rid of Rufs, since we have Porsche anyways...

Or maybe, from more fantastic, and unreal solutions, maybe (JUST MAYBE) it would be possible to make some sort of single player auction list, where some more rare or expensive cars could be placed... OR, since the pack already unlocks few of the secret dealerships, why not copy some of the code of them, to add more dealerships? But if it goes about them - I'm not really sure about that, I don't know how dealerships in TDU works.

If it goes about car themselves, it would be amazing to get some more Carreras, maybe Jag F-Type, I dunno, some of the newer middle class sports cars would be freaking awesome.

I don't know how much of my requests can be made, and frankly, I'm not really that eager on getting them for whatever prize, possible. I really enjoy UCP as it is now, but I believe that - even though that may seem impossible, since it's already amazing - it can be even better...

So, since I'm playing for quite a few days with Ultra Community Pack, already got Champ rank, and trying to proceed with complete maxing the game, I guess I can share some of my feelings about this whole project.

First of all, I adore the base concept of this pack. New stuff is always welcome in my book, specially if it goes about TDU, which is one of my favorite games ever. Specially new cars, in such big amount. It feels great to drive around in those new vehicles, starting from JDMs, through hot hatches, GT's, sport coupe, to exotics. Thats just gorgeous, and I catched myself on randomly buying even slowest cars, because I just enjoy them, no matter if it's new Lambo, or VW Golf.

Tuning is really great. I always felt like tuning options in TDU were added just because NfS had tuning. It always pissed me off, that not much of them had really big upgrades, like Alfa Romeo GT V6, or Ford Mustang which got Saleen updates, giving one of the coolest secret cars in the game (I found out it exists about 7 years after I first played TDU). Now, with those huge amount of cars, it's really great that some of them have multiple tuning options. It feels really great to buy car like a Mitsubishi Lancer and have variety of options to choose from, including bodykits, and performance upgrades.

I also admire how cars feel different from each other, even in the same class. I really enjoy driving without any driving aids (on keyboard, I hope that gives me some cred), and discovering the new stuff about cars. For example, I have recently bought Porsche 918, after driving about 500 kilometers in Ferrari LaFerrari. And I was kinda shocked to discover how different those cars were. 918 being this hammer, brute that you through into curve, and hope the POWAH will solve everything. LaFerrari feels more precise, it's not as fast in terms of low rev acceleration or max speed, but when it goes through curves, even though it has just RWD, it feels more competitive in curves. I still have to get McLaren P1 though, so I will compare whole trio...

And it's not just about those three, on low points, it's really different. Civic Type R, Golf GTI, Toyota GT86, they all feel so different! It's really amazing!

But, there are few things I would recommend to fix or add in future updates.

1. There are still problems with few NPC, mostly in motorcycle races. Sometimes they dont load, so it is impossible to start race, or pause it. I had it on Canyon Revenge, and this mA class race, near Island Tour start line.

2. Speaking of bikes - it would be cool to get some new bikes! Why not take some of the slowest ones, or boring ones, and replace them with some newer ones? It would be super amazing to get some stuff like Ducati Diavel...

3. Well, I remember what you said about car dealerships, but... damn, it would be cool to get more cars. Like, even more. You could delete those custom cars, that took over Pontiac Dealership, so there would be additional 10 slots, maybe get rid of Rufs, since we have Porsche anyways...

Or maybe, from more fantastic, and unreal solutions, maybe (JUST MAYBE) it would be possible to make some sort of single player auction list, where some more rare or expensive cars could be placed... OR, since the pack already unlocks few of the secret dealerships, why not copy some of the code of them, to add more dealerships? But if it goes about them - I'm not really sure about that, I don't know how dealerships in TDU works.

If it goes about car themselves, it would be amazing to get some more Carreras, maybe Jag F-Type, I dunno, some of the newer middle class sports cars would be freaking awesome.

I don't know how much of my requests can be made, and frankly, I'm not really that eager on getting them for whatever prize, possible. I really enjoy UCP as it is now, but I believe that - even though that may seem impossible, since it's already amazing - it can be even better...

Poker, i think it's awesome that you enjoyed the pack, and your review sums up what i had in mind when i started to make this pack. Way more options, way more different ways to "play" TDU. That's why i've made one shop only with cheap cars, right at the beggining. For me, the first car in a racing game is a special one. It is your first car, you kind of grow an attachment to it, i at least, always did. So, more options to choose, the better. But, let's focus on the points you've made.

1 - Bike races are giving you a crash? I will be honest and tell you that i really haven't tested bike races, since i've started a new profile too, in order to see if the game is able to run untill the end without any issues, bike races might be fixed soon enough.

2 - Would indeed be cool to have more bikes in TDU, although there isn't really good mods for them. Mostly are racing bikes and i am quite impressed that nobody has ever picked 3D models from that game called Ride. It has epic bikes, TDU has open and empty bike shops... but thing is, we don't have mods, mostly racing non-street legal bikes, which imo, it's kind of pointless. But i do agree with you, i'd love to get a GSX-R 750 SRAD 96, for example.

3 - There are still room in shops to add mode cars. Not so many, but there are still, maybe 30 or so. Now, when it comes about cars, i am still waiting to some mods to be released, in order to add to the pack, as DLC. I know there are some mods released already, but they won't be in the pack as that would support something that this forums do not encourage. (Long story).

The Custom Car idea was born to please people who has private mods, of their own or mods that they have paid for. Or, mods of your likeing. You can talk to your friends and you all can use the same mod in the same car, without replace a car from the pack. Someone can use their private mods without replace a car from the pack. That's the main reason they're there. Also, another reason is, they all have different rims, so, it was a way i found to give more rim options for you guys to replace as you like.

For example, the Silvia S15 has a black VolkTE37, but you want an orange one for your S15. Easy, just swap it using the Custom Car rim that has the orange TE37.

So, Custom Cars are there to please people who already know how to mod TDU and have their own mods, styles and want to add a car that i didn't, without much of a trouble.

About create new dealers, sadly, that is not really possible. Not at the moment though. We'd need a world editor and more other stuff.

Hope you keep enjoying it and hope to see you in the island someday. :D

My name in game goes by Milli or DarkAvengerGirl. If you spot any of those, give a shout and we can ride. o/

15385498_1360148017358378_907058128186478307_o.jpg?oh=2c93fc1e695f60049bc72e2ac43dc572&oe=58BC5BEB

:lol:

Well, not really crashing, but there is one bike, that doesnt load. It's like, game becomes stuck on this vehicle loading, and doesnt want to go any further. I can still access Main Menu, but Pause menu is unavailible.

30 more slots? Well, if thats the case, I'm very happy to wait for more :)

My ingame name is Poker, and let me tell you, if I'll catch you on the roads I would sure love to cruise :)

Would that be the same issue as this one?

Djey: TDU Community PATCH 2.00A - Page 16 | turboduck forum

I had troubles with AI drivers in starting grid. Just I can't remember how I did fix this :nuts:

---

Got it!

In my case, some bots were set to use a missing vehicle (no files or could not be loaded properly for some reason).

I solved it by deleting these bots in TDU_Bots topic. This should work with assigning working vehicle slot, as well.

Would that be the same issue as this one?

Djey: TDU Community PATCH 2.00A - Page 16 | turboduck forum

I had troubles with AI drivers in starting grid. Just I can't remember how I did fix this :nuts:

---

Got it!

In my case, some bots were set to use a missing vehicle (no files or could not be loaded properly for some reason).

I solved it by deleting these bots in TDU_Bots topic. This should work with assigning working vehicle slot, as well.

Yep, there is possible a bot using the Triumph Daytona bike... which makes it unable to load.