We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Ultra Community Pack v1.04

Milli

Since I'm an annoying little bugger, I wanted to ask if it's possible to sort of rewire the car classes a bit. As posted before, I'm fiddling with the price and rarity, but some class assignments are not logical in my opinion. What I mean is that it's been bugging me (both about the vanilla and community pack) that there are some cars that are clearly in the wrong class. For example, the 959 is a legendary classic, but with 3.7 seconds to hundred and 199 mph top speed it ought to be in class B, not G (reverse logic: if the 959 is in G, why is the F40 in B?). The same goes for all those AMG-Mercs that hit hundred in 4.2 or less, run well past 300 kmh and are in class D and not C like the 65 AMG. Now, I know that I can change all of this in TDUPE, but many races will crash as the bots in those races can't use their assigned cars because they're now in a different class - and that's the problem, is there a workaround? All the best and keep cruising.[COLOR="Silver"] --- Post Updated --- @thechickeneater [/COLOR]Don't forget the M3 E92 into the M3 GTS, the C63 AMG (I think) into the Brabus/Wald version or the NSX Type S into the NSX-R GT, among others

First of all, we are limited to 3D models, and not every car has an upgraded version. We all know that Zoqqer's Aventador SV gives you bugs, like the driver being away from the car, going through the window or anything like that. So, i said this before and i will repeat. I avoid using Zoqqer's mods because of such bug. Specially his Aventadors.

Second, TDU's F40 is not a 1980's model, it is a 90's built F40, which removes it from the G class category, different than the 959, which is older than 1989. Any car, whatever is the performance, older than 1989 is categorized as a G class. TDU had the Corvette C1 in same category as a Lamborghini Miura. G class is "classic" car class. And not "slower than F".

Some cars have a lower category, like some mercedeses, because their weight and cornering hability. Power and speed do count, but also does cornering. And those big sedans often can't take them.

I'd suggest, instead of just look at the stats, you guys create a good mixed track, with corners and straights, and actually test the cars. See the lap time you get, and then i believe, the classes will start to make a bit more sense.

Edit: Rulezz 3D models are incredible wrong, and i also avoid to use them as much as i can.

Ferrari F40 — Wikipédia

1987-1992 Ferrari's F40 years production !

so the F40 was build with the evolution of the 288 GTO, who's an evolution of 308,

the model just before the F40 was the 288 evolution =

look that, it's really near than a F40, but it's a 288 GTO, with the same V8 double turbo

288 gto = FERRARI 288-GTO (1984-1986) - COLLECTOR = V8, 32 valves , 2855 cm3, 2 turbos

F40 = FERRARI F40 (1987-1989) - COLLECTOR = V8, 32 valves, 2936 cm3, 2 turbos

"Sa carrière de voiture de course ainsi compromise, la 288 GTO Evoluzione permettra toutefois de poser les bases d'un projet plus extrême encore d'une version routière qui aller marquer l'histoire du constructeur de Maranello : la F40. Evolution naturelle de la 288 GTO"

http://www.automobile-sportive.com/guide/ferrari/288gto.php

F40 is the civilian model of the 288 GTO evoluzion :duck:

so finally F40 is a 80's supercar evolution from the 288 GTO evoluzion :nods:

Do you even know the difference between a 90's F40 and a 80's one? :lol:

Edit: To make your life easier, i will be direct and tell you, and everyone where to look at.

This is a 1987-1989 Ferrari F40 interior.

ferrari_f40_5.jpeg

I want you to look at the door. And notice how they have the same color as the exterior. Without carbon fiber boards closing the holes in it.

Now, this is the exterior of a 1987-1989 Ferrari F40.

ferrari_f40_17.jpeg

In this one, i want you to look at the windows and how the open up. They do not go down, neither they fully open. They are just a small part that you slide back.

Now, take a look at TDU's F40.

As you can see, it has carbon doors and windows that go down, exactly like a 1990-1992 Ferrari F40.

Now, next time you try to lecture people about things you think you know best, go make a little research. ;)

:lol: its not

"En 1986, le "Commendatore", comme on le surnomme, avait mal digéré l'arrêt brutal du groupe B des rallyes qui avait brisé les espoirs fondés avec le développement de la Ferrari 288 GTOEvoluzione. Mais ce n'était qu'un mauvais coup du destin qui a sans doute aussi exacerbé un peu plus la passion et l'envie de créer la F40, sa F40. Héritière directe de la 288, la Ferrari F40 utilise ainsi des techniques et technologies d'avant-garde"

F40 is 1986 car, with doors, wheels, motor and plexiglas motor hood of the 288 GTO evoluzion

look its nice => 288 gto evoluzion - חיפוש ב-Google:

and F40 was build for 40th birthday of Ferrari, and its 1946-1947, so the F40 is really a 1986-1987 car :duck:

Ferrari (entreprise) — Wikipédia

they probably put it in B class because there was not good balance with others,

1984 Ferrari 288 GTO is 1984 and it is in C class and not G, maybe for same reasons,

but F40 is a 80's car probably the best because it from a 650ch race car, not a 90's car, the F50 is based on the next F355 and they are 90's car, so 1946+50 = 1996 = F50 in 1995

in facts, if there was a BB512i Ferrari, they probably put it in G class to be the bests with Lambo Muira, but all the 80's are B, C or D, lambo countach too because its later generation with the 70's Muira and 512BB Ferrari

You count the G class in 1989, but TDU count his G class in 1979 I think,

Same in Le mans classic showroom, they finished historic classes in 1979 :duck:

yeah but I think it's not really with the time who's passing out or insurrances practices for dating collection cars, it's seems based on her technologies, and 80's or 90's were not the sames technologies with "puces" (or electronical systems) those made their driving, or their sound or their own character, they call that "classic architecture"

and an journalist made this comment about the F40 about the génération of cars...

"la F40 représente l'achèvement suprême d'une conception classique. En dehors de l'allumage et de l'injection du moteur gérés électroniquement, pas la moindre trace de puce dans cette Ferrari."

http://www.automobile-sportive.com/guide/ferrari/f40.php

remember in 1989 when the nissan 300zx or the R32 skyline, or BMW 850, mercedes 500SL, porsche 964 theses cars were fully technological systems inside, they were not like some powered cars 2-3 years before

maybe real classical architecture is considerated with the firsts injection systems, like 1983-1985, but some classics races in france like "tour auto" or "le mans classics" are considerating it must be before 1979

"This is TDU. And a 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 would be class G. You agree with it or not. Now, if it's a V-Spec, which is 90's, it won't."

not, if I did, I put it in normal classes, like E or D maybe, the R30 could maybe a G class, but R32 with full technologies and 4x4 is not a "classic architecture"

"How can you put F40 in a G Class @Stories the car has too much power for that class"

never told about it ! F40 is after 1979 so it need to be a B (and original TDU)

only Milli want to put the G class in 1989 and say that the F40 is a 90's car, so TDU classical are before 1979 and the F40 is a 80's car

and for the pictures, the glasses are the race version (same of the 288 evoluzion), and they are not in the TDU and in the civilian/original version

like that => http://forza-rossa.over-blog.com/article-1989-1996-ferrari-f40-lm-gt-gte-81370737.html

so finally, the F40 was +70% parts of the 288 GTO evoluzion, and the body-design of the car were built by pinifarina in less than 100 days in 1986 after that Enzo Ferrari saws the 288 evoluzion and said "we need to build that car now" :nods:

so, thanks to wikipedia for details of cars, we can see about the 308 Ferrari

1st version => 308 GTS from 1975-1977, double carburators, polyester body, 255ch => must be in G class

2nde version > 308 GTSi from 1977 to 1982, fuel injection, steal body, 214ch => must be in F class

3rd version => 308 GTS QV from 1982, fuel injection, 4 valves/cylinder, 240ch => must be in E class

Ferrari 308 — Wikipédia

so 288, F40, testarossa, 308 QV are not G class, cause they're not "classic architecture", but 308 carbus and 512 BB can be G and they are good balance with others in the game

it seems like that in the wikipedia reality, and probably in the reality tout court ;)

Guys I'm new in here but I have some question. Did anyone successfully change your car default trim into higher or highest trim that the car originally had using TDUPE? For example like changing Corvette C3 Stingray 1969 into Corvette C3 Stingray L88 or GTO 5.7 Coupe into GTO 6.0 Coupe.