We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Introducing: The Nintendo Switch

TurboDuck

[headline]Introducing: The Nintendo Switch[/headline]

nintendoswitch.png

Introducing: The Nintendo Switch

Nintendo first started giving us snippets of information on what their vision of the future might be in March 2016 when they announced the code-name of their next gaming console, the Nintendo NX. On the 20th October 2016 they unveiled that this console will in fact be called the Nintendo switch.

Image credit: BBC Technology...

Read more on this...

• 2 months later...

Well..... this was a popular article :yawn:

So the Switch is hitting shelves on March 3rd. As with most Nintendo hardware I imagine people will be hooked and there will be many articles on how many are on Ebay for 200% the RRP as it is sold out. But ultimately it will be a failure. :shrug:

They've so far only got 6 games for the release of the Switch, 6?! Will Nintendo just be a third party game developer by 2025? I think it might.

I love the idea too, I've always loved Nintendo. Zelda's Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are up there with some of the best games ever made imo.

If I had children under the age of 15 I'd be throwing their PS4/XBOne away and getting a Switch instead tbh, I'd much rather they were playing most of the Nintendo games than COD4 or GTA haha

Not sure what to think. The thing about Nintendo machines is Nintendo games but the gimmicks and other stuff can be annoying. I've not wanted to really own a Nintendo machine since the N64 tbh.

In saying that though, I did play a Mario game on my kid brothers Wii and the magic of that series was definitely there.

From what I've heard from multiple sources, Nintendo provide hardly any support to 3rd party developers compared to Sony/MS - to the point where they're just plain old making things hard for them (of course the other platforms have their hoops as well), which along with performance concerns has justifiably deterred others from bothering to release.

Since I never owned a Nintendo (my brother had the Gameboy Colour back in the 90's) I don't have any retro gaming desire there so I figure besides that audience it's still intended for Ages 12 and down.

I don't think anyone buys a Nintendo console for games that you can get on other platforms, it's their own games that bring the people in :hmmm: Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes as the Wii U was also lacking games (though it did have some great ones, it's especially an awesome console for local multiplayer)