We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your 3D Work

sti228

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diablo

​3D modeling in computer games and modeling car, road parts is one of my favorite hobbies :) yes, i work on myself because I want to improve my 3D skills. Unfortunately, I do not have a real car right now and I do not know exactly what the real car details are (how people make part measurement in real life), but I try my best to do some proper car parts.

Yes, in future i want to sold my 3D work and use some of them for racing games. Maybe late i will figure out some way to print them ? Also have this mind in head. Will see what future brings :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mercedes-AMG Project ONE 3D Modeling process.

untitled-1zckg7.jpg

indexzxjjm.jpg

index1tok2z.jpg

There are almost no good pictures of it, as it was freshly presented and was seen only on the IAA in Germany (and in Japan now). That's why reference pictures are almost not existant. I literally found 25 different pictures all over google and flickr.

So, I already started modeling it, with more or less (less) good reference pictures as blueprints. Turned out I totally missed the proportions so I had to use a different way for a second attempt. I tried camera calibration and photogrammetry and set about 150 points by hand and adjusted them in 14 different pictures in different angles to create a point cloud for a spline cage, which needed to be rounded manually aswell. This spline cage is basically a blueprint in 3D-space. Quite useful, but took me forever.

That's the result of two days á 12 hours - and I don't even set a single polygon yet :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Damn, took me forever to find this thread again.

So I had some free time to finish the exterior on my Mercedes-AMG (Project) One model

-img-

I now realize, the designers took this "mad face look" three steps too far. I can't take that front end serious, looks like a Hotwheels car now :lol:

Nice job with the model, Zoqqer. And yeah, i think the major issue with the design is the front lights. Designers could've found a better solution for it, imo.