We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive brand acquired by Bigben Interactive

The Compensator

Test Drive brand acquired by Bigben Interactive - VideoGamer.com

New Test Drive Unlimited games in the works, rights now belong to Bigben... :: Team VVV

The Test Drive brand is to return after Bigben acquired the rights from the Atari Group.

Bigben has also announced its plan to develop new titles in the Test Drive Unlimited franchise.

Atari has retained the rights to sell all previously release games in the Test Drive franchise.

"We are more than confident with respect to the quality of this franchise, which is loved by so many players," stated Alain Falc, CEO of Bigben Interactive. "Our teams are very enthusiastic at the idea of being able to work on this license, which has already proven its worth - the game Test Drive Unlimited 2 sold 1.8 million units."

Bigben adds Test Drive to its IP catalogue, which also includes WRC and TT Isle of Man.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pulled from the PS4 online store[/url] for a time.

That would be Kylotonn Games then. They have more automotive projects than just WRC, including for Renault and Alpine. I can't really say I'm blown away by the model accuracy of the Alpine and a few shots of the Megane (which appears alright in other shots).

They do have this up already:

http://www.kylotonngames.com/pages/automotive.php?page=nextproject

I can't handle another TDU disappointment.

This.

I was cautiously excited for TDU2 and then...... that happened. I was indifferent about The Crew and even that was underwhelming. I don't feel I can go through this again.

I look forward to having confirmation that TD no longer means Test Drive and that it now means Total Disappointment.

Total Disappointment 'Next Gen' COMING S**N TO A STEAM SALE NEAR YOU.

We should all come to an agreement on a code name for the game inevitably being developed by this studio.

Unless Diablo wants to visit the studio (is it French?) in which case we'd all better pretend to be excited. But Djey is right, not too much to lose by having more options.

I do agree with you that we should be open minded about this (which I wasn't in my last post, I like being dramatic :gay:), I won't invest too much mental energy in 'looking forward' to anything but I won't be annoyed if i'm wrong and the next game isn't a Total Disappointment.

Test Drive is still a good game, the main problem is the "Unlimited" stuff. :lol: Wouldn't be a bad thing if they ditch the Unlimited thing and bring back a bit of 90's nostalgia, pulling roots from Test Drive 5 and 6.

The continued success of the Forza Horizon series does highlight that there is an audience the the 'unlimited' aspect of the game though. But they'd have to bring out a stunning game to make people move away from Forza.

The continued success of the Forza Horizon series does highlight that there is an audience the the 'unlimited' aspect of the game though. But they'd have to bring out a stunning game to make people move away from Forza.

Yeah, do agree with you on that. Forza Horizon makes it a risky and bald project, which can lead to massive disappointments, that might not be wise to make it the first Test Drive title under their "portifolio". Test Drive is a game that needs more care while handling, because you may step on eggs.

Don't think anything will ever get close to the level of technological novelty that TDU has brought, back in 2006. It's just part of history now, and no new game has managed to trigger feelings of that intensity IMHO. FH3 might be a worthy successor although from the videos I've seen I'm really not digging the handling - hope I'm wrong

As much as I am happy to see that TDU will come back and have hope that Bigben will do something worthy with it that will bring the series back to people's minds, I also worry that their catalogue isn't exactly strong. From checking out some videos I thought WRC 6 didn't look anything obviously bad but seeing what some have said above about it makes me wonder if Kylotonn can handle a project like this.

They must know what people are expecting from another TDU so unless they completely disregard that and ignore what The Crew and Forza Horizon have been doing then there really isn't reason for them to do worse than TDU 2... is there? :para: In a way I suppose that is unfair to that game as they did so much right, but if the core aspect of the game isn't much fun then none of it will really matter.

Will be keeping a watch on this and I really do hope they end up with something enjoyable and truly in the spirit of its predecessors.

Yeah, my biggest worry is Bigben as well, but the best news is that the IP has now moved on from Atari's hands and we're actually getting new TD games :D

I'm happy that the first thing they did is a new TDU, it has PLENTY of potential with the new consoles so I'm carefully excited. I mean, even TDU2 was fun for a while? :mhmm: