We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive brand acquired by Bigben Interactive

The Compensator

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me as someone who has spend five years actually really enjoying TDU2 can't ever get disappointed by this I guess...?

Speaking of which, Forza Horizon starts to show its downsides to me. It lacks something. Something that even TDU2 had.

I've been daydreaming about what Forza would look like with some TDU2 features. TDU2 was a terrible racing game but it was complete. You buy your car from a dealer after being able to fully check it out, test drive it, and store it in an actual house. Then, walk around in your house to hang the pictures you've made of your V12 Q7 upon the biggest mountain peak in the game, on your wall in your house. After that you put a location in the GPS that actually pops up in the interior infotainment screen, so you can visit the car wash to clean the car, etc. What I probably miss most is standard car features like GPS screens, indicators or working robo-roofs.

Why is this all relevant? Because it made the cars feel like you own them. They're al yours because you chose them, test drove them, specced them in exactly the way you wanted them.

Not that I will be liked by using TDU2 as an example to improve Forza, but we got to appreciate the few good things that it had, as an addition to the current best OWRG, in my opinion.

After all, if the most terrible racing game could get it, why can't the best one get it, too?

You've literally hit the nail on the head there :clap:

It really annoys me in Forza for example, You have all that forzavista crap, and then You still cant drive the Agera or Zonda without the roof, even though its already there modeled in Vista, and what Diablo said about rearwiev, if Im driving R8 V10 I wan't to see that damn V10 everytime I look behind Me.

But of course evertime they announce new car game its " We want to turn car entusiasts into gamers, and gamers into car entusiasts"

and then they'll give us half done game like The Crew, with bad handling, and lazily detailed car models, like seriously look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.

I mean come on theres pretty much no racing games these days, If they can really take their time, detail everything, perfect the handling, then Im pretty sure they'll make Us happy and probably their pockets as well, so its a win-win situation but I guess thats too much...

It really annoys me in Forza for example, You have all that forzavista crap, and then You still cant drive the Agera or Zonda without the roof, even though its already there modeled in Vista, and what Diablo said about rearwiev, if Im driving R8 V10 I wan't to see that damn V10 everytime I look behind Me.

But of course evertime they announce new car game its " We want to turn car entusiasts into gamers, and gamers into car entusiasts"

and then they'll give us half done game like The Crew, with bad handling, and lazily detailed car models, like seriously look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.

I mean come on theres pretty much no racing games these days, If they can really take their time, detail everything, perfect the handling, then Im pretty sure they'll make Us happy and probably their pockets as well, so its a win-win situation but I guess thats too much...

well this is why I've said many years ago TDU will always be one of a kind. It was a shot in the dark by a small studio, they didn't think about appealing to casual market and created a masterpiece by mistake. When you have thousands of shareholders and a board of directors constantly harassing the studio you can't have games like TDU.

...look at some of the cockpits in that game, some cars gauge clusters literally look like a low res sticker.
Low grade interiors are one thing I really hate (yes this is how strongly I feel about it along with crappy sounds) now seeing in modern games. When Forza, DRIVECLUB, Gran Turismo, Project CARS and others reproduce them properly it feels kind of cheap when others don't.

You forgot the crappy sounds... And I agree with you, some cars have such a crappy interior, the gauges don't have the same font as the real ones... For example the BMW M5 or M4, man those are awful cockpits...

Low grade interiors are one thing I really hate (yes this is how strongly I feel about it along with crappy sounds) now seeing in modern games. When Forza, DRIVECLUB, Gran Turismo, Project CARS and others reproduce them properly it feels kind of cheap when others don't.

Sounds also are very important, I didnt pay attention to them when I was younger in TDU, after some time when I played it again, I found it funny that cars such as Saleen S7 had pretty much a vacum cleaner sound lol. Good thing we have mods

You forgot the crappy sounds... And I agree with you, some cars have such a crappy interior, the gauges don't have the same font as the real ones... For example the BMW M5 or M4, man those are awful cockpits...

Well at least not all cars sound like crap, I really enjoyed S7 Twin Turbo sound, the Focus RS sounds nice and few others i can't remember, but the cockpits annoy the living crap out of Me, the camera pos is awful in most cars, and the lack of detail, Agera R only has a working RPM gauge, same goes for Aventador, MP4-12C and a lot of other cars.

I mean seriously 2014 and they can't figure out how to make digital gauge clusters working? I'm pretty sure they can since the Raid/Circuit versions have working Motec style panels, but theyre too lazy to model them for rest of the cars, same thing in TDU2

Just remaster TDU, simple :lol:

Pretty much we need guy like Raxat from SLRR community...

• 3 weeks later...

Yesssss. Can't believe this one slipped by. I, like only a few others here, enjoyed TDU2, mainly because of the two large islands and the house aspect of it. Obviously, my main thing is having a huge play area, rather than physics and car selection. As long as they make a massive map, I'm happy.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out into something like FlatOut 3 where it was noticeably different than the other two and turned out to be a legitimate disaster.