We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive brand acquired by Bigben Interactive

The Compensator

Amen to that. Fuel is the Mariana Trench of Codemasters portfolio. I think something the size of TDU's gameworlds or just a bit larger should do, anything much bigger just becomes very hard to keep interesting (because too much could look the same) and alive (with AI or other means). And Fuel is the perfect example of such a game.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with FUEL (plus it has no houses!), but where do we see The Crew's map size on this scale?

1) Not enough

2) Perfect

3) Somewhat too big

4) Way too big

I still have not driven every single square in The Crew yet (could do it in less than one hour if I really wanted to). I think the size is good. I don't think I'd complain if it were slightly larger or smaller. I would just change how some of the roads link up to make stand-out cruise routes.

I think TDU1 proved that if you link up a bunch of great roads with great but alternating scenery/moods that can keep you busy for a play/cruise session lasting ~1-2 hours with solid physics and netcode any other feature gaps can be filled in by the players' creativity.

Also important (to me) is having sections of dense city/residential streets - sure you may not drive them all, or very often, but it's something that NFS open worlds have always lacked and I find them inferior because of it.

@BeSweeet - The half-broken servers (now slowly turning into absolutely-broken servers) and pressure of other games. I'd like to play TDU2, but I can't play it when they have 75% downtime @Ryzza5 - exactly, The Crew doesn't even have physics comparable to TDU2's... The map is OK, but it has no houses, no modding and mainly no atmosphere of cruisin' with super-hypercars on Hawaii :(. If TDU2 at least had servers that were actually working...

The Crew doesn't even have physics comparable to TDU2's.

That's a good thing, right? The Crew is still arcade of course but the cars do actually handle somewhat.

Head down the north-west coast towards Eureka for the closest thing to a TDU vibe. There's one small stretch of road that is uncannily similar to TDU1's north west road.

That's actually a bad thing, I think TDU2's physics are better than The Crew's.

We need to get you a Speshul badge, haha. I know many still play TDU2, but you're still the first person I've seen to say that here. :)

Cars in TDU2 never felt like were connected to the road using tyres. For a long time they just rotated about the center of the car.

I know, I am really Speshul, but the only thing that annoys me in TDU is the really weird wind simulation (around top speed it's weird to accelerate) and the top speed crap. Otherwise the physics seem OK to me.

--- Post Updated ---

Maybe it can be caused by that I modded a coach into TDU2, played it, never driven above 350 km/h and mostly driven 2CV bcuz of my slow cars obsession...

@BeSweeet - The half-broken servers (now slowly turning into absolutely-broken servers) and pressure of other games. I'd like to play TDU2, but I can't play it when they have 75% downtime @Ryzza5 - exactly, The Crew doesn't even have physics comparable to TDU2's... The map is OK, but it has no houses, no modding and mainly no atmosphere of cruisin' with super-hypercars on Hawaii :(. If TDU2 at least had servers that were actually working...

I don't open it often but it's been at least 3 months since I remember there being something wrong. YMMV.

We just need something like PP for TDU2 just in case.

It's been broken for 3 days now, just look at Steamcommunity for TDU2… Everything's filled with "♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ YOU ATARI" posts there…--- Post Updated ---I know, TDU2 steamcommunity is very toxic, but it can be really annoying to pay and play a perma-broken game..

I think the problem with Fuel combined with the large map was the fact they went for this apocalyptic scenario, which makes everything look the same. The Crew suffers less from this because it's a current-day world with intact cities, villages, landmarks and regions. I think The Crew and TDU are good examples of how it can work fine and that their worlds are not too big. I'd rather go for Perfect or Not enough.

• 5 weeks later...

TDU-brand bought by BigBen-Interactive

I stumbled upon this one a few days ago, it made me break out of the miserable hipster bearded life in my crew, aswell as giving up building beer tents for overhyped Australians and reinstall TDU 2.

I thought I´d never see the day ;-)

:panic2::woohoo:

Edit to moderator: search fail, sry XD

:offtopic:

I hope they understood the tiny WINK of "a racing game isn´t about furniture and pink special edition Mustangs".:dpi:

If I can hope for anything, they take away Amy and Anna-idea, don´t wanna miss any of those beautiful women out.

I mean it is such a nice thing to have more then one women in your life, or car in this occasion but beeing reminded of bonus boards has a touch of "have we got any milk left?" or "have you picked up the children from school?"....I mean it´s not like this would be kinda inappropriate to tell someone who´s just hooning his hellcat around a corner at stupid speeds....

And for the other 24 A title we talked about, jeesus if she changes the GPS-target of mine one more time, I´m gonna lose it!

:btt:

But a more simulation like approach would be something to hope for, I mean the whole point of these games is that we cannot afford really fast and stupid cars so we look for a way to experience it on a budget....

Still I´m looking forward to indicator lights in cockpit view, petrol consumption or diesel and hopefully bursting tires! A burnout is really not satisfying if the tire doesn´t die!

Less yada yada about senseless stuff, more here´s your car, there are the keys and now be a good boy and have some fun with your friends on hopefully GERMAN roads...

I think Australia was quite a funny setting for a racing game, and because of FH3 I now envy the British that you get the VXR8 and I´m stuck with the hypthetical possibility of importing a Chevy SS, which is rubbish in comparison to the commodore HSV^^.

The Vauxhall VXR8, Holden Commodore HSV GTS and the Chevy SS are all 3 the same cars, but the Chevy SS is built for big blokes from the US of A. And as we know "from now on it´s gonna be America first, America first" means I cannot order it from a Chevy dealer in town, but I could order A Z06 for over 100.000€ XD...yeah no

But still I think we should return back to the correct side of the road, I just triggered every Brit on the forum XD, just for I don´t wanna crash into traffic head on because I´m used to the right side traffic reasons. I know you guys feel the same way in every other racing game.. :-P

But yeah for now we have Star Citizen coming up and most importantly Mass effect Andromeda...So enough to play for now...

Still I hope they don´t mess this up :-)