We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2017: News/Calendar/Updates

CarMadMike

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vettel wasn't the only one calling foul play :rolleyes:

Onto the bandwagon you go.

Nope, I genuinely missed Ricciardo's call. The race was pretty dull so i wasn't paying full attention and Vettels radio message was almost instantly broadcast.

But thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt Hassan... Sheesh :|

You don't have to be so unwilling to heed my opinion just because you don't like me.

I'm the first to admit that Hamilton can be as much of a douche as Vettel, but that's why they're both at the top of their game. I could not care less what either of them do outside of the race environment

Sorry, my bad. It's just that everyone I've spoken to that likes Hamilton has completely ignored that dani made the call too so I just assumed you did too.

My bad, apologies. I've also had an ear full from hamilton supporters too recently so that's also why :lol:

No stress matey... I do feel for you. A lot of Hamilton fans (actually the vast majority) can be proper douches... A lot of them don't even know what F1 is.

Didn't manage to catch the race today and I made the mistake of going of Facebook so it all got spoiled for me.

How did Alonso get on this time?

No stress matey... I do feel for you. A lot of Hamilton fans (actually the vast majority) can be proper douches... A lot of them don't even know what F1 is.

Didn't manage to catch the race today and I made the mistake of going of Facebook so it all got spoiled for me.

How did Alonso get on this time?

DNF of course. :shrug:

Honda need to disappear quickly.

That wasn't a bad race for a change. Okay Ham was away up front and so the actual result for the win wasn't really anything special but the Seb and Max battle was fun to watch at times, as was following Bottas' charge from further down the pack. I was so wanting to see Ham do some donuts at the end when he did his thing to the fans but I guess the FIA are still gits about that sort of thing huh? :(

Wish the other cars were battling up front to make the championship actually a fight but I guess with the seasonal changes that come in regularly this will likely not be something we will see until restrictions are universal or something.

• 2 weeks later...

ALONSO FASTEST LAP BOIS THIS IS IT.

Really happy that Ham gave the position back to Bottas, really glad about it.

Ferrari was meh by almost ruining it for Kimi.

Interviews were brilliant, Kimi being asked to say something in Finnish and replying: "they all undestand english"

35459604093_785f89a7a6_b.jpg

Overall not as boring a race as it could have been, it could have easily been memorable for being the worst race but having the top 4 so close to each other after 70 laps is always good entertainment.

Did anyone see Toto Wolff's reaction to Hammy letting Bottas back into third? It was very over the top, you can read a lot into that reaction and whether he thought Hammy would do it or not :eek:

ms6vu6flvqcz.gif

Its going to be interesting if he loses the championship by 3 points or less...

Such a shame that Ferrari don't seem to let Raikonnen race to his potential. It would be amazing if he and Bottas swapped teams this winter and Raikonned was allowed to drive properly.

I was more impressed with Verstappen's behaviour (after the race) than I was with Hamiltons though.

I finally saw what this was all about and I applaud Hamilton for excelling in this sportsmanship. He asked to be let pass to do something on the proviso that he would pass Raikonnen on which he never managed to do, and so kept to the gentleman's agreement that he entered with Bottas. If he loses the Championship by those points then fair enough but, I think he will look back and still believe he did the right thing should that happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Between the races of this BTCC weekend I caught parts of the race and I have to say Hamilton and that Mercedes seem to act almost like one. That move on Vettel through Eau Rouge was epic! To carry that much speed and be that close to another car and make the pass partly unsighted was quite incredible. Apart from the start, the previously mentioned happening and the finish I didn't catch much else of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Two bits of news:

- Rumours are gaining traction that Porsche is looking to buy Red Bull's F1 team with the intention of keeping Horner/the team but supplying a works engine for Red Bull for the engine rule changes in 2021 onwards.

- McLaren appear to be dropping Honda in favour of Renault power. It appears to be that Honda will be pushed out the McLaren deal and get into bed with Toro Rosso instead, so they'll remain in the sport.

If the first rumour happens, how will that affect the second rumour? God knows. :shrug: It all seems a bit complicated atm.

Two bits of news:

- McLaren appear to be dropping Honda in favour of Renault power. It appears to be that Honda will be pushed out the McLaren deal and get into bed with Toro Rosso instead, so they'll remain in the sport.

Kicking Palmer out of the team in the process. I think that Gasly might get his seat instead, iirc

It sounds as if Red Bull are going to announce they're splitting from Renault at the end of the year.....?

Where does this leave them, I know they wanted Toro Rosso to go with Honda engines and give Honda time to make the engines work, but are they going to actually risk the senior Red Bull team on Honda engines too?

The Renault engine hasn't been very reliable either but if reliability has fractured their relationship with Renault, how will they last with Honda? :shrug:

Are they going to try and make their own engine? Are they going to try and get a Mercedes or Ferrari engine? It's a bit confusing.

No one was at fault :fp: Vettel couldn't have known kimi had such a good start, he was ahead of max so it was standard racing for him to cover his line, it was just a mess and no one was to blame, of course the ferrari haters (hamilton fanboys) will have a blast of a time blaming Vettel which is happening on every social media post :rolleyes:

No one was at fault :fp: Vettel couldn't have known kimi had such a good start, he was ahead of max so it was standard racing for him to cover his line, it was just a mess and no one was to blame, of course the ferrari haters (hamilton fanboys) will have a blast of a time blaming Vettel which is happening on every social media post :rolleyes:

:lol: Oh dear.

I'm not asking for either Ferrari driver to be whipped in public or banned from a race, but surely you've seen people get punished for much less? :fp:

Causing a collision is enough for a punishment for any other team than Ferrari. The Ferraris caused that collision did they not? Max was an innocent dutchman in a Ferrari sandwich.

You're the one bringing up haters and fanboys here, can you not see how hilarious that is given the situation? Vettel ended his own race, Max's race, Raikkonen's race & Alonso's race. But nah, racing incident isn't it. I can see why some would split the blame between Vettel and Kimi but splitting the blame does not mean they're innocent. If I were max or Alonso i'd be asking questions as to the credibility of the FIA and the rest of the sport at the moment tbh.

Reading Ferrari's twitter is hilarious at the moment. :lol:

Whether you're a fanboy or not victory was handed to Hamilton and sadly the fans got robbed of what should have been a completely different race.

Even sadder is that Verstappen lost out too... Every decent F1 driver knows how tight the start is and there was some desperate manoeuvres off the line.

Such a shame for Alonso agin

I think the BBC writeup is pretty fair summary: Singapore Grand Prix: Has Sebastian Vettel's aggression just cost him the title? - BBC Sport