We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2017: News/Calendar/Updates

CarMadMike

I understand you might think others are being 'haters' and wanting to overly punish vettel for his behaviour, and you're probably right to some extent but you're also being too forgiving at the same time.

Max, Kimi & Alonso are huge fan favourites, tens/hundreds of thousands of SGD will have been spent by spectators in the stands wanting to see them race. Vettel's aggression/ego got in the way of that and they won't be getting that money back.

If this was an isolated incident then I'd be more willing to just drop it but it isn't, and it won't be the last incident because he got away with it. Labeling this as a racing incident sets a dangerous precedent.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe no one has mentioned Malaysia.

Most eventful race of the year for me.

Verstappen smoked it.

Hamilton did enough with a sub optimal car.

Vettel had an amazing race from the back and if the race had been longer could've been even more of a threat, but then was part of the silliest/weirdest crash of the past few years.

Sucked to be Raikonnen

Good race, and I'm glad Max won it. Really good to see him have some good fortune after how crap this season has turned out to be for him.

The Vettel/Stroll post-race incident was rather bizarre :hmmm: But I've been wondering for a while how we don't have more post-race bumps considering how no one seems to be watching where they're going.

• 3 weeks later...

Ferreri International Assistance struck again...

Such a shame for Verstappen, it was a great move and if it had been on another team the penalty would not have been given.

Was a properly exciting race though.

I nearly speed in my mouth during the pre event show. I really hope thats not the direction LM are going to take F1... what an embarrassment. The Channel 4 team were blatantly unimpressed with it :lol:

@TimBud correct me if I'm wrong here as I know track limits aren't the most consistently enforced aspect of a race but isn't the car having all of its wheels off the rumblestrip (never mind being over the white line) considered as being off track? I didn't watch the race and so I am only going by what I saw in the highlights of his move but generally it is understood that the run-off area is not a part of the active track.

Wow @hassan1995, you really need to learn discuss like an adult... its pathetic that you always feel it necessary to insult because you don't agree with someone.

@Diablo normally the track limits are pretty consistent, but in Austin there were several areas were EVERY driver was outside track limits during the race and it was allowed. So the enforcement of the rules in this case was just, it was inconsistent. Bottas did a few times defending his positions

Coulthard, Webber and Eddie Jordan (and Horner - though he's biased) all said pretty much the came after the race. Webber's analysis of it highlighted some very interesting points too.

All this decision does is jeopardise the credibility of F1 and further goes to decrease the excitement that should surround the racing.

Lol this situation is just not that hard.

Verstappen just needs a reminder that racing happens on the track, if you want dirt racing, drive rallycross. That might be exaggerated, but all FIA does is being consistent. Like they need to be, as an objective organisator.

At least take the blame off Vettel and Raikkonen, as they clearly are the experienced ones out there. They didn't do anything wrong in this race. And even when they did, like in the Verstappen vs Ferrari accident in Signapore, Max doesn't need to be such a crybaby on everything.

Hamilton? I don't like the dude. Just because his engine doesn't break doesn't mean he's in anyway the best driver out there.

They are looking at taking another dude out of the "lower teams" to replace Ricciardo, I think they might need to get out of their Max tunnelvision. Let Max prove himself as a driver when his car can't be the fastest. See who gets the podiums then.

When did anyone blame Vettel or Raikonnen here?

When did anyone express hatred towards Ferrari?

or even mention Hamilton? Rassva it had zero to do with so its ridiculous to use that as a basis for your opinion.

Really, come up with a decent counter point guys... maybe go have a look at all of the post race reports in the F1 media so you can form one that isn't just a knee-jerk.

Whether you agree with the ruling or not (we know its not going to change), it was a super quick decision without investigation or talking with the drivers involved. And it was inconsistent with other un-investigated breaches of the same rule during the race (and qualifying). Regardless of who was involved or not.

Hassan whenever you disagree with someone you always start with a petty insult (not just in this thread) so have a look at your own actions before you try to point the finger at others... this isn't primary school anymore boy.

So then explain why no one else was penalised when all 4 wheels went of track... I've already given Bottas as an example and there are plenty more.

Actually don't bother because you can't.

At least try to add to the discussion, rather than droning on with the same tired statements because someone express a view different to yours.

Raikkonen had "no idea" why Verstappen was penalised

Verstappen penalty call "the worst I've ever seen" - Lauda

Why F1's treatment of Verstappen was a joke - F1 - Autosport Plus

BBC Radio 5 live - Chequered Flag Formula 1, American Grand Prix review

Bottas is Mercedes, rules don't always apply to them

Ha, what!

You jumped on me because I quipped about the FIA and now you're saying the same about Mercedes. Thats priceless.

At least backup your option with some independent/unbiased sources of Bottas avoiding a penalty this year.

I have already said the penalty was just!

But as ever you choose not to read and completely ignore what is said purely so you can throw another churlish insult.

My whole point which I can't be much clearer on is that it was entirely inconsistent with what was allowed during the rest of the race and qualifying.