We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Will TDU (1/2) run on Intel Graphics Media Decelerator X3100?

MISLcz

Hi. I got my first notebook, and I'd like to know if it can run TDU1, preferably TDU2 at 1366x768 (if so, then at which details).

Specs:

Compaq 610

Intel Graphics Media Decelerator (Accelerator :P) X3100

Intel C2D 2 Ghz

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

Thank you, MISLcz / TDUForever

Hi,

feel free to try, but given your specs (embedded gpu with shared memory), there's not much hope here.

I ran TDU it with my first laptop in 2009, 2010, which had a real GPU with dedicated VRAM :

- Ati Mobility HD3450, 256 Mb

- C2D, 2.0Ghz

- RAM 3Gb

- HDD 256 Gb

barely got 20 to 30 fps à 1024x768, low details.

If TDU starts at all, maybe it will run at 800x600 low details. Forget about HD ready res anyway.

And TDU2 ... :eek2:

Sorry.

TDU1 did not work particularly well with any laptops iirc, regardless of how powerful they were. i.e. I think it was programmed only to work well with desktop-class GPU drivers. If you do try it out be sure to update this thread with your results so that we can help others.

Update: I got 2nd notebook with Mobility Radeon 9600 and Pentium M on ~1,5 Ghz + 2 GB RAM, will it be better? I've heard Pentium M has better pipeline than C2D, so CPU won't be as bad as it seems... And the GPU is just 100% better IMO.

I'll install normal desktop Catalyst 10.2 with modded device database on it and reinstall it from Win XP to Win 7, maybe I'll need to modify drivers from Vista to work on 7. Maybe I'll overclock it too, it's an old piece of junk either...

ATI 9800 Pro (desktop) was the oldest ATI GPU which was reported to be used with TDU, if I remember well.

A 9600 might be able to start it at least (if it has at least 256Mb vram)

Pentium M is not better than C2D at the same frequency, so should be catastrophic, given that this game was a real pain for CPUS (did not use multiple cores well).