We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ATTENTION: TDU2 is perma-broken now (probably)

MISLcz

Hello all. I've noticed TDU2 servers go ♥♥♥♥ more and more often since Atari bankrupt, and it has downtime of ~40% now in January, and it (almost) never works on weekends, which means I must complete the main part of my playtime off-line, which hurts, especially considering TDU2 is a "Massively Open Online Racing" game with majority of the playerbase enjoying the on-line cruises, if nothing else. Do you think TDU2 servers will completely go down anytime soon? I'd like TDU1 + PP to go down rather than TDU2, since TDU2 offers much more challenges to do, Ibiza, and its physics aren't THAT bad to hurt the game completely. TDU2's steamcommunity.com is already very toxic to the game, including me ("♥♥♥♥ you Atari."s, etc.) and I tbh I don't expect this will change anytime soon, especially with Atari's horrible support, that's been broken basically from the release of TDU1.

To be brutally honest you are probably alone in thinking so on this forum.

Also, I was surprised TDU2 servers aren't gone already.

Yeah, I am really speshul, I know, I need to finally get money for the "Speshul" badge :)

TDU2's servers are gone for almost all weekends now and they are starting to cut the support on working days, too.

Many players like or liked TDU2, including me, but the broken servers are just cutting any support even from hardcore fans.

I would be interested in comparing lifespan of TDU2 servers vs TDU1.

TDU1: 2007 to 2012 ?

TDU2 : 2011 to 2017.

So TDU2's is not so bad after all.

Now, unlike TDU1 which has an official announcement before closing servers, will TDU2 end publicly or not?

Future of TDU2 only depends of motivation and size of players community. TDU1 did prove eveything is possible to make a game on his feet again.

Personally, I'd rather work on TDU2 now as it's clearly richer and prettier than TDU1.

But since 2011, noone ever did find a way to undo those hardcoded, crappy physics. There are more chances TDU2 gets a new online life in a couple of years, than being as fun to drive as its elder brother :)

I would be interested in comparing lifespan of TDU2 servers vs TDU1.

TDU1: 2007 to 2012 ?

TDU2 : 2011 to 2017.

So TDU2's is not so bad after all.

Now, unlike TDU1 which has an official announcement before closing servers, will TDU2 end publicly or not?

Future of TDU2 only depends of motivation and size of players community. TDU1 did prove eveything is possible to make a game on his feet again.

Personally, I'd rather work on TDU2 now as it's clearly richer and prettier than TDU1.

But since 2011, noone ever did find a way to undo those hardcoded, crappy physics. There are more chances TDU2 gets a new online life in a couple of years, than being as fun to drive as its elder brother :)

Yep October 2012 IIRC. I remember those (what we thought were) last days well.

TDU2's map is fantastic, they added to and improved the already incredible Hawaii map and added a second Ibiza map. The graphics aren't incredible but they are pretty. If we could just fix those god awful physics. It may not ruin the game for everyone, but for me as a long-time TDU player it was just too bad in comparison. Even still, I've tried to pick it up a few times since and it just feels awful - weirdly disconnected from the inputs. I swear even the beta was slightly better.

It's a true shame that Assetto Corsa can't handle large maps (supposedly the further away from the start point the worse the physics become) because that could answer all our prayers.

If this could happen... it'll be a miracle brought to us by God itself... Just imagine we'll cruise on Hawaii + Ibiza with these graphics and TDU2's system of challenges... Shame it never happened and atari ♥♥♥♥ed it all with their broken servers and no support or updates...

• 4 weeks later...

Server Status chat thread on Steam. Many players there are very negative about the game and most have given up hope with Atari. It's unclear about what's going to happen with the servers but it's not looking good, fingers crossed that it's not the end of playing TDU2 online.

Server Status Tdu2 (chat) :: Test Drive Unlimited 2 General Discussions