We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DiRT 4 - Announce

sti228

88c81288e9b1.jpg

Rally fans across the globe, rejoice. After developing and publishing Dirt Rally on their own, Codemasters is teaming up with Koch Media to deliver the next stage in the rally series, Dirt 4. The game is now officially announced, and it's coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on June 9.

This summer we'll get to compete in classic rally races based on the Colin McRae Rally games, rallycross, and various events in the mode Joyride. In addition to this we'll see a track editor called Your Stage, and according to Codemasters you simply need to select location and parameters and hit the button for it to be created. These can of course be used and shared with your friends, and Your Stage allows for more "challenging and technically challenging routes".

Here are the main features:

● Over 50 off-road vehicles including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2

● Five rally places with millions of routes: Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales

● Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship - with races in Montalegre, Lohéac Brittany, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a variety of different series

● Landrush - Short Dirt Track Race in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro 4 trucks and cross-cart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico

● Joyride: time racing, scrap racing, free play areas and exciting challenges to send them to friends

● Dirt Academy: DirtFish Rally School in Washington,

● Career Mode - Create a driver, complete all disciplines, successfully promote sponsorship, and build a team with clear goals and rewards

● Contests: Master daily, weekly and monthly challenges against friendly players around the world

● Next generation racer: live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform best-lists and improved CREST telemetry system

● Tuning: Improve setup based on vehicle, conditions and weather conditions

● Damage and repairs: Wear and damage are carried out with an improved damage model. Damage can be remedied by hiring engineers and mechanics for the service area of the team, but they have only a limited period of time to make repairs between the races

We've also received the announcement trailer in addition to a lot of screenshots, and they're all below for your viewing pleasure. It's been six years since Dirt 3 - are we long overdue another Dirt game in the main series?

More info: Announcing DiRT 4

Screens

8c99bbf7d09b.jpg

86ae29a357dd.jpg

dad520d8df93.jpg

eea9782f54fd.jpg

6a83d4ee907f.jpg

1c6ad758dc32.jpg

2568418f4c14.jpg

06d6229a0532.jpg

e1e1b8f471c2.jpg

a5151ead743c.jpg

ec818e1c12cc.jpg

ba40fd4acc2f.jpg

b83bf6ce85e4.jpg

b2cc96db859f.jpg

bce8eb35fe27.jpg

And not one mention (apart from this post) about stupid X-khana modes and events with silly rice vehicles sliding between barrels on the docks. Me likes!

I'm curious about the free play areas. Is it really going to be a bit of freeroam worlds like World Racing, or small areas like Crashday...

• 3 weeks later...
Codemasters Chief Game Designer Paul Coleman recently took to reddit to conduct a question and answer session with fans and confirmed that DiRT 4 will take a more subdued approach compared to earlier titles. Coleman states “The game will feel more professional in feel and we are not planning on having a Dudebro vibe

thumbs-up.jpg

Source: DiRT 4 will drop the 'Dudebro' vibe for a more professional experience :: Team VVV

• 4 weeks later...

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD FX Series or Intel Core i3 Series
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD HD5570 or Nvidia GT440 with 1GB of VRAM (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8320
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980 or AMD R9 Fury
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard

I really don't get how a game like DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally require so much disk space. I don't recall them having that much content (only a handful of locations iirc), or insane texture quality. I'm sure they could up the compression if they really wanted to.