We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Babu's Reshade + ENB mod (dont use this i was young and dumb when i made it)

theoriginalbabu

guys plz dont use

use my upcoming version 2 instead

So, I've decided to create an Reshade/ENB compatible with Project Paradise's multiplayer.

This is the result.

Screenshots are to come.

Moderate FPS drop; around 35 lost, but I'm assuming people don't still run TDU on potato's anymore.

This Reshade is used in conjunction with Wiedididog's RevolutionFX, for TDU"2" (it looks just fine on original)

I get around 57-120 fps with my GTX 970,

If someone gets better settings than I do, feel free to share.

Designed for use without in-game HDR and MSAA set to 2x/4x

Changelog:

Update 1 - tweaked lighting to match original game post processing more, added "clarity" shader to further sharpen, set Reshade into "Performance Mode" to increase fps.

"Mega Update" - added TDU2 RevolutionFX (it doesn't look bad on TDU1)

Links:

Original - https(colon)//(worldwideweb).mediafire(dot)com/?ethtj19sdu99aa4

Update 1 - https(colon)//(worldwideweb).mediafire(dot)com/?d11c3ms3omwar7f

"Mega Update" - https(colon)//(worldwideweb).mediafire(dot)com/?g6m219806y6csws

Just drop the files into your TDU folder, but it will not work properly unless it is in the "proper" "C:/Program Files (86)/Atari/" default location in the installer. See "Alternate Installation" for instructions for non-standard locations.

Alternate Installation:

Back up your Project Paradise DLL

Go to "https://reshade.me/"

Find and download Reshade 3.0

Run the downloaded file as an administrator

Browse to your TDU install location and select your TDU executable (TestDriveUnlimited.exe)

Select DirectX 9

Download the shaders

Open your TDU install folder from the windows explorer (browse to it)

Rename d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini into dxgi.dll and d3d9.ini respectively. You must have "hide known application extensions" on off, google it.

Download my mod

Extract/Put the files into your TDU install directory, but don't overwrite anything, just skip the items that have the same name.

It is done. You must run TDU as an administrator to get project paradise multiplayer working, also recommended you run from PP launcher.

(F.Y.I. I did a stupid trick to allow this to happen, took a DirectX9 Reshade file and renamed it to "dxgi.dll" from "d3d9.dll" so it doesn't interfere with PP's "d3d9.dll", I also added an proxy to ENBseries, so ENBseries injects PP's d3d9 with a proxy)

Edited by theoriginalbabu

• 4 weeks later...

They are to come! I recently reinstalled TDU, as I formatted my hard drive. Although I can say there was very little artifacted "things", this is probably because of the enb preset being designed for TDU2's revision of the Havok engine, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Also, sadly I can say that TDU1 has sh*t optimization, as this is bringing a high-ish end graphics card and quite good processor down to their imaginary knees, TDU2 would look and perform better had I done this mod for it, but that game has its own issues. Anyways, you can get the screens' yourself if you want, its up and ready, but I promise I will get them soon... probably with an ENBSeries preset update.