We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU_bots.db editing

Docent

Hello,

I am trying to assign bots to certain cars,

I am having race crashes apparently because I've changed some cars classes,

what I want to do is to change bots accordingly to their destined cars,

I am trying to do it by editing TDU_Bots.db, here is how it looks in notepad:

[ATTACH]28588[/ATTACH]

I have no idea what to change, is there program explaining those numbers? I guess long numbers are bots IDs, can someone explain to me rest of numbers?

Thanks in advice

EDIT

What I found out so far:

1) Every line is for certain bot

2) Every line is divided into 8 "sectors" every sector ends with semicolon ';'

3) First sector is Bot ID

4) Second sector is 1 of 12 possible options:

[ATTACH]28589[/ATTACH]

which I don't know what exactly means

5) Sectors 4, 7 and 8 are always on same values (1;0;0,5) so I guess they doesn't matter at all, and should not be changed.

iV5bkMk.png

TDU Modding Tools tells you all that. Which field is which.

First field is the name that will be displayed.

Second one, is their behaviour, and what caused the "PansLeDVD" issue before.

Third, PNJ, is how the driver will look like.

Forth i never really touched.

Fifth is where in the map they will show up in free roam.

Sixth is which car they will drive.

Seventh is which color that car will be displayed

Eight is how often they show up.

Thank you Milli, I just found out about cars id by checking it but you already explained all :P

now all I have to do is tests to try to fix my problem

--- Post Updated ---

The question is also: if the race crash is caused more likely by car which WAS in certain class and is in another class now or by car which I added to this race

and I am sure the car/s which causes crashes are/was in class E

What I have noticed is that when you exit race and again start it from map there will be other bots again,

however if you just reset race you start again with same bots,

don't know about different levels though - in theory you should still meet same bots in races because of class restriction,

unless you just meant another bots "roster" from same car class which is possible because I couln't find some cars by resetting races on purpose

Some races are random. It picks a different bot and assign it in a different car. Completelly random. I know that because i've made new bots, and i saw one of the bots i have created, in a race, using a different car that i assigned it to. It should use Alfa 155, but was in another vehicle.

That changed once i've hit "Champion" level, and now, that bot always show up in the car it should, which is, the Alfa 155.

Yeah I am testing it and I also noticed that bots sometimes posses cars they shouldn't.

Also there is some success, I started to delete bots and when I deleted about 50 bots, races which crashed before, working again so I guess there is car/s which I need to delete.

Do you think if I delete few bots cars lines could other buggs appear? game is working, races doesn't crash so it should be fine?

or maybe should I find those cars and just replace them with another?

Okay so it turned out that I have to delete about 30 random lines of bots for game to properly work, what could be the reason? I deleted any 30 lines and game working just fine then, but maybe there is other way than deleting bots...

I tried delete bots and add them again many times. I delete one line, it works, then add 5, still works. As i said, TDU Bots are tricky as i don't know what may or may not cause it to crash.

By trial and error, i found a number of Bots that worked fine with UCP, and was stable enough for people to complete the game, as i could do it myself. But one time i had over 400 bots in the game, and it was "working", untill i had a crash.

Thanks for advices guys,

I will try to make some tests and see how it goes, one more question:

to add new bot with new car I just have to make new line in this file? or it is more complicated process?

@update

after deleting 29 bots most of races worked again, but some didn't for example Lead Soles

after deleting 43 bots all races working again

I am trying to find another way than deleting them

@update2

I started to swap some vehicles for bots, it turned out that if I do swap cars I also need to delete even more bots in order for races to work properly

for example before: if I deleted 43 random bots all races workes again

now: if I change vehicles for some bots, same races as before crashing, til I delete ~70+ bots

L0L

Nice topic to try to understand,

So in the screen the words you don't know what is tell, thats frenches words for the attitude of the driver

"Normal/agressif/peureux/temeraire" wants to say "normal/agressive/scared/reckless"

And when you see the bug "PasDansLeDVD" it wants to say in french "Not-In-The-DVD"

Maybe the "attitude" of drivers are pré-recorded in dvd, and change their behavior cause crashes

...if it can help a little :duck:

The issue with the pasdansledvd only happens when you put the bots in the same "behaviour". I tried to make the AI harder, but TDU choose and place some bots in races based on their behaviour, and if they are all the same, how it will make a race with scared drivers? It gets confused and displays the PasDansLeDVD error.

yes but your bots/cars are really better than originals, i really like to make races with them to see their attitude and their cars with a good balance, we can see their comportments are really différent and sometimes there are so exiting races, some of them are really scared in turns and others are really agressives, and in the "turn of island" it really can help to do a better time

so remeber when you released in november, only FR had the bug "pasdansleDVD" and you fixed it with langage by the version of the DVD if I'm remeber, I though maybe it was a logic between the game installed and the DVD

• 2 years later...