We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew 2 {DT} - General Discussion Thread

TurboDuck

UPDATE: May 16th, 2017

3233461-5222088404-17051.jpg

Original Post

[headline]The Crew: Major Updates To End But "The Story Has Just Begun" – The Crew 2?[/headline]

thecrew-2yearanniversary-reward-Huracan_Sticker_273269-800x300.jpg

A post went up on the official blog of The Crew last month announcing that major updates for the game were coming to an end. The additional police vehicles are still on their way but after that it's going to be pretty quiet until they have "details to share".

Generally this means work is stopping on the current and...

Read more on this...

I also take it to mean that a sequel of some sorts is in the works, but I'm not expecting any reveals this year. I wouldn't mind if it was titled something completely different, to go along with a new open world to explore. The last one took them 5 years to make, so hopefully they've come up with an improved method there.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add some more to this , but do you remember when Eden Games changed their site header to that Lamborghini on some tropical road back in 2009? Probably not but I do, and it actually came to my mind when I saw the end of year tweet by TheCrewGame too. Could this be them hinting by a means they've used before? I know they must get tired of the constant TDU/2 and Eden references but it seems a bit coincidental no?

:umm:

TDU2-teaser-The-Crew-2.jpg

tl;dr Lamborghini = sequel :nuts:

You make a valid point scott, I have a feeling they'll keep the same map and add mexico or canada, thinking mexico more than canada.

Prettier graphics, more cars and more customization and you have a new game. Profit.

The handling will make or break it for me, anything like the original and I'm not touching the game at all.

Do you think they will stay in mainland USA or maybe do a TDU2? Keeping the previous environment but cleaning it up while introducing a new place? Would you be disappointed if they returned to their island roots? Maybe that rumour of Crete would finally come true. :p

I really want the game to be a massive success and to be the game that many people want, with good visuals and sound, accurate cockpit details, difficult police chases and plenty more customisation. A heavily improved photo mode and fun games like car football, infected and some sort of course creator would be awesome too!

I wouldn't be bothered if they use the same map as far as they add some more detail, open new roads and add some more details to the cities (NYC feels a bit dull tbh). Also, a map extension would be okay too or a new location as well.

The important thing is that they have to update the interiors and sounds, they broke the whole experience for me.

I wouldn't be bothered if they use the same map as far as they add some more detail, open new roads and add some more details to the cities (NYC feels a bit dull tbh). Also, a map extension would be okay too or a new location as well.

The important thing is that they have to update the interiors and sounds, they broke the whole experience for me.

I agree with you on the sound aspect but still don't understand your point of view on the interiors as they were perfectly fine in most cars (excluding the circuit/raid spec cars) + they were largely customizable which is an aspect that's missing in many car games that we rank above TC.

34337486660_78091f172d_o.png

Just dug up the first interior shot I could find, this was taken on the Xbox :shrug:

With the exception of adding loopdeloops, etc for the Summit monster trucks, odds are that the devs responsible for making maps and assets haven't really had a heap to do for TC1 since it released in late 2014. A 2018 release for TC2 means they get around 4 years, which is less than TC1, but they already have a proven game engine and a whole bunch of assets (i.e. trees, buildings, signs, etc) that could be reused to some extent. So it's not impossible to rule out a completely new location, although I don't think I'd mind if the ol' USA were still accessible (in addition to a new area). The single biggest problem with interior camera views imo which sadly was never addressed was the built-in fidgeting both of the steering wheel movement and the camera view. When my own head and steering wheel moves in the real world having the game do something else breaks immersion and can even make me feel ill after a while. If they add VR support for TC2 then they would absolutely have to turn that off. When I gave up trying to make it drive like a sim and just grabbed a gamepad and 3rd person view it wasn't too bad in the end, especially with those online police chases. And for @Ozzmcom's sake they need to sort out the upshift sound. :)