We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Agreed, especially when most 'aliens' in sim racing seem to be devoid of any kind of interesting personality or charisma. If I'm going to watch a sim race it's gotta have open mics and some fun banter going on, even at the cost of less amazing driving skills (although that's still important obviously).

Would be ace if the thread title made it clearer that this is a game or eSport.

I don't really get racing in esports, why watch non-race pilots try to race in a video game when u can watch the real thing?
I didn't (and still don't for certain titles) get the whole eSports thing but, when I saw this, I thought to myself about those races I have had where I saved the replay afterwards and would watch it again at a later time because of the action in it. And then it kind of clicked that this is in essence, that.

I don't expect everyone to get it and you're free to ignore these threads when they get posted or are updated.

Would be ace if the thread title made it clearer that this is a game or eSport.
You may need glasses if you missed the eSports prefix assigned to this thread.

I see the whole lack of charisma thing the other way: it's fun to watch normal, down to earth people race againts each other instead of these huge celebrities for a change. Some good fights in there too! I can't wait to watch some races in Project CARS 2 with the new esports features, I think it will be possible to have like a camera director and a commentator making these races pretty cool for the spectators too, would love to have a huge TDUCk racing series with a commentator and all :D

It can be immense fun to watch normal folk playing any sort of sport I agree, however just like all sports it will be the best who will come out on top and go on to to do it professionally. When the big names and brands get involved, you know they are going to want to do it properly in order to show it as a viable entity in its own right, and not be seen as some corny fad.

Again I am lukewarm and still roll my eyes when I read something about a "pro gamer" but these sort of events are turning my views bit by bit.

I enjoy watching people playing games, i enjoyed to watch TDUCk Forza league, when Santtu and Devin streamed it in Twitch. :lol: But i do agree with Ry, about the lack of charisma of some people. They do not have to be celebrities, but they could be more natural, less robotic. More emotion in what you're doing. If you're not going to do with emotion, don't even talk then, just leave the race sound. :lol:

For me, it is more enjoyable to watch a race, without someone talking, than watch a race, being narrated by someone who talks cold as a robot.

• 2 weeks later...