We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Characters

Ryzza5

Question

13 answers to this question

@Ryzza5 This looks like something interrupted the AJAX call to post your edit causing that error to show to you where it would normally show in its own page. I think that was most likely a connection issue either with at your side, or like I said: an interruption at this end.

@Ozzmcom Is this the Chrome issue that's known about or are you using something else when this happens? Sometimes Chrome for whatever reason will not allow the editor to make a space until Enter is pressed. It's a weird one I know. :hmmm:

I just clicked a link back to this in the chatbox archive and got this

jFyOmnVkaI9gG5fsRGYcIm2UomDnfO.png

Deleted everything between 7 and # from the URL and hit enter to continue

Edited that last line and hit save again...

NKmWa3Tja8S3OvKuCBeDEaZ2eDtd4b.png

--- Post Updated ---

Another one, but this time I lost my edit (additional words) and it was asking about deleting the post???

8dJIzSrhhDvbCV2L4UBYiijcD9T1R5.png

--- Post Updated ---

Another Bad Request when navigating to #Mentions

Just spent a good while looking through the logs to see if there was more instances of this and it is only you this is happening to mate. Twice today I can see in fact, where for some reason the User-Agent has messed up like the above image shows, but again only for you. I thought it might have been when the daily backup kicks in but that is performed before and after the time when this happened to you.

Keep me informed and preferably with the times when it does happen, so I can investigate.

It's typically only on one particular home PC with Chrome v39289145093 or whatever it's up to. But as far as extensions go they're all synced on other PC's I use. I agree it's most likely an issue on my end, but it's quite interesting how it manifests itself only on this website.

and it somehow garbled my last post :confused:

(which said something like "Logging out last week fixed the issues (page not found..."

Same browser or different? Need to try and rule out the obvious before can start with the more intricate. As it seems to be the User-agent that is being corrupted is it possible to uninstall (backup your bookmarks etc), restart and reinstall to see if the same thing happens?

Another option is to download the latest stable Chromium and see if it happens there too. Chrome is basically Google's version of that and so if it is the browser then the same thing should happen with that.