We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

tbc: 'the banner contest' #91 - Your image on our banner | WINNERS: Rassva & carlos_69

'the banner contest' #91 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. 'the banner contest' #91 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)

• 1) Milli
    • 2) Paladin Skylark *DQ*
    • 3) mau92
    • 4) nfsMIB
    • 5) RobikV3
    • 6) Ozzmcom
    • 7) robillard3381
    • 8) Loek
    • 9) TimBud
    • 10) Rassva
    • 11) hassan1995
    • 12) carlos_69

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POLL OPEN

Don't forget if you entered and can vote* then you MUST vote in order for YOUR entry to be valid!

Good turnout for this one and some very cool entries submitted with varying flavours as to how they adhered to the theme. Also good to see those who are improving with their shots as these contests continue. Good luck to you all!

*those with less than 10 posts can still enter but will not be able to cast a vote

[B]Congratulations to @Rassva and @carlos_69 on winning tbc #91!! Even though there was a low number of votes they did tend to go the same way in their choices, and at one point we had a three-way tie going on. That changed with a couple of votes that were made last night but even these went towards what others had mostly went for before, meaning it was a joint win that took it! :cool: It could have been many more too, with 3 entries taking the runner-up spot with only 1 less vote than those that won. So in the end, it got a bit crazy! [/B]:nuts: [I][U]Notices:[/U] * Paladin Skylark is disqualified due to not voting in the poll![/I]

I'd love a free round in which everybody would be allowed to edit their photos, we'd have really nice and creative pics.

I used to run a separate contest back in the golden age of tducentral, yes there were that many active members back then, were you were allowed to photoshop and edit the pics however you liked.

PoTW2: Week 1 Vote | turboduck forum

The thing about allowing editing is it's great for those who have those skills but, for everyone else, it puts them on the back foot. I don't mind you wanting to start another thread (or even contest?) up for it though. Not sure you'd have the numbers to do it well mind. :(

So the next theme is going to be a Free one then I gather? Will get that done on Sunday as been enjoying the hot weather while its here. :sunny:

Well to be completely honest, I shake my head at some of the great images that don't get voted for a lot of the time, there is great stuff that gets entered and half the time they loose to stuff that is more like a snapshot than something that someone put a lot of effort into, not to offend anyone because there is a lot of solid entries, but I feel the best stuff constantly gets overlooked in voting. Plus your point is kinda irrelevant in the photography world, even people that can take an incredible image in camera may still retouch the image to make it better, even if it's basic stuff like tones, highlights and shadows, and even cropping (gasp) because you don't always get the perfect image in camera. I'm just saying that allowing editing may actually push people to create better entries, rather than just jumping on a game, snapping a shot and calling it done, I see entries like hassan's that have put a lot of effort into composition, location, etc and have produced great images, and didn't get as many votes. I am probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly don't care, I'm just sick of the great stuff that people put a lot of effort into not being voted for.

While I get your point, it takes time to figure out the best way to "snap a picture". I think it's more fun to give everyone the same chances (let's face it, all the entries in tbc come from 3 different games) and that you're able to get creative with the tools a game gives you. If the theme is "NFS Car List", good and eligible shots go beyond driving somewhere and capturing a moment from it.

From that shot from me that won, it took me about 35 minutes to find a location and a weather setup alone, and a dozen of failed attempts. The result is an image I'm still proud of. I don't think there's anything you can edit to that shot to make it better, which imo is the sport.

When you can edit, the contest does indeed not go beyond snapping a picture, and is mostly relying on third party software to save your day.

TL;DR everyone gets the same tools and guide, up to you to exploit them in the best way.

(this is not a rant towards people who edit their images, just know the seperation between tbc and your own personal gallery space)