We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

tbc: 'the banner contest' #91 - Your image on our banner | WINNERS: Rassva & carlos_69

'the banner contest' #91 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. 'the banner contest' #91 Poll (you can vote for a MAX of 3 entries)

• 1) Milli
    • 2) Paladin Skylark *DQ*
    • 3) mau92
    • 4) nfsMIB
    • 5) RobikV3
    • 6) Ozzmcom
    • 7) robillard3381
    • 8) Loek
    • 9) TimBud
    • 10) Rassva
    • 11) hassan1995
    • 12) carlos_69

[headline]the banner contest #91[/headline]

The Banner Contest!http://turboduck.net/img/tbc/tbc.jpg[/img]

It is the turn of a Ferrari 355 to grace our banner from tbc #90 as Loek's fantastic shot took the win. With a theme that was quite constrained in what could be done, it took some creative thinking and clever execution to have a valid entry and meant that there was some truly wonderful images submitted, not least, the winning shot.

Theme: Parked up in the city

eg: 'a stationary parked vehicle in an urban setting' (think an automotive shoot or a car spotting shot)

Deadline: Sun 14th May, 2017 - Entries | TBD - Votes

PRIZE

• The winning entry or entries will be posted up on our community forum banner and if large enough will also be put on our social channels too. (if multiple winners then images will be split between these as we see fit)

RULES

• Stick to the implied theme (don't look for loopholes) - any being awkward for the sake of it will make you ineligible for entry
  • Images must not exceed 5MB, and dimensions must be at least 1280x720. (please do not crop your pics to the banner dimensions)
  • No post-production or editing of entry images except to crop or resize please, raw from the game is what we want - use the game settings to set up your image correctly
  • The post that contains your entry image MUST! be labelled with 'ENTRY POST' (makes it clear what image you are going with & for us to find :p)
  • If you change your mind on your entry image - DO NOT post updated images in later posts, edit and replace the previous image with the new one (up until thread is locked for Poll creation)
  • Each entrant must also cast a vote - if you fail to vote, your entry will be disqualified from Poll results (those unable to vote are exempt from this)
  • You cannot vote for yourself - instant disqualification if so
  • Winner chooses the next theme, unless they won prior, in which case the runner up decides - if no pick within 24 hours then theme will be free-for-all
  • Winner has 24 hours to create a new thread or can PM or reply in the current 'tbc' thread to have a staff member do so instead
  • Winner must not try to sneak new rules in the new thread or alter existing rules - be clear on your theme to avoid this
  • Competition is limited to games on all platforms of any age that are classified as driving/racing games. (i.e. FPS games that have cars in them are not eligible) (Please mention what game your screenshot is from if not obvious)
  • Entering the competition with a TDU2 picture may result in suspension/ban of your account. :evil:
  • Each contest is broken into an entries part and then a voting part, after which the winner(s) will be decided from the poll results
  • A minimum of 10 entries is required in order to proceed to voting

tl;dr: Entries MUST: be at LEAST 1280px in width & 720px in height, NOT have any editing done to them except for what the game allows, and NEEDS to have some form of 'entry post' text in the post with your entry image. If you enter then you HAVE TO vote!

Good luck and remember you can use your Gallery space to host your entry.

:bparty:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[headline]the banner contest #91 - Entries[/headline]

Theme: Parked up in the city

From the entries below pick up to a maximum of 3 and vote for them in the poll up top. :duck:

1) Milli

fOm9U3p.png

2) Paladin Skylark

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28903[/ATTACH]

3) mau92

screenshot_ks_porschereueu.jpg

4) nfsMIB

pic_20170509_170145_47qu8a.png

5) RobikV3

0S6X4up.jpg

6) Ozzmcom

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28907[/ATTACH]

7) robillard3381

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28908[/ATTACH]

8) Loek

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28909[/ATTACH]

9) TimBud

46f1450807aceacab8ad473eeb861781.jpg

10) Rassva

34451600471_7b4698d500_o.jpg

11) hassan1995

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28933[/ATTACH]

12) carlos_69

wSphbt0.png

Not what I would call "parked". I believe he is after pics where you are posing, parked on the side of a city street. You appear to have spun out in the middle of an intersection. Not sure about Milli's one as the wheels look a tad blurred (not parked) plus the barriers on the side of the road scream race track.

You want something more like this

1407229050841_wps_7_Arab_owned_Maserati_Gran_.jpg

Technically this is also parked in a city area but I wouldn't call it 'posing'. On the flip side, this is posing but not parked on the street so it's still borderline to me. This one is parked in the outskirts of a small city, but the camera shows rural area so again, borderline. This would be a clear pass if it were a nicer photo, the cars chosen are a tad borderline. This is just to test if you are still reading.

I'll enter this pic for now

VBZBaHH.jpg

In a city :nods:

Side of the road :nods:

Parked :nods:

Officer keeping the crowds under control :nods:

Mau's background is questionable but the pose is nice, Milli's is also alright. I scrolled through my own thread to gather a few examples to get the feel.

[ATTACH]28904[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28905[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28906[/ATTACH]

@Loek I agree, the position of the car in @mau92's shot is a good one but it doesn't adhere to the theme. Now if it was in front of a row of shops, a business or in a car park, it would be excellent. AC does have the new Highlands track, park your car in the built up area and you're golden!

For inspiration I would take a look at the current What You Saw Recently thread we have. Ignore the auto show showroom shots, look more to the candids and those taken in multi-storey car parks. :cool: This is an awesome theme to let that inner-photographer out! :photo:

The Mazda photo i am very sure i parked it there to take the photo. I used it for a GT6 championship, where i was responsible to make the banners and such. I really parked it there.

And technically, a race track in middle of streets still being "in city". If it has fences to block traffic or not changes nothing. Monaco is still Monaco when holding F1 races. :lol: