We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed Payback {DT} - General Discussion Thread

I'm okay with the customisation, there's a lot more variety with the different classes so hey that's something. Although I'm hoping they're not just showing those 5 cars with the most parts and the rest have literally nothing :hmmm:

The physics look okay from the gameplay I've seen on YouTube but I have yet to see and play it myself to make a proper decision.

The customisation has went up a notch again, in that area they are smashing it. Hopefully we will get to see some police chases and just

general driving around in order to gauge how the game handles. Although, I think the target base for this now regards how much they can customise the car visually, over anything else, like how well it plays.

Taken some inspiration from The Crew's specs methinks.

Well, we haven't seen much of it but i like it so far.

They added the cinematic stuff that I liked in The Run to an open world game, with the customization from '15. From what i heard, the handlich is much better than in NFS 2015 but still pretty much drift-oriented ...can't judge that from just some videos.

I really don't understand the hate on the customization in '15/Payback. The "underground era", where people rice the nuts out of their car is over. Instead of hating people should appreciate to have these options back in NFS, since NFS15 probably had the most extensive customization in ages!

Hopefully we'll see some more locations than just this highway at gamescom in a couple months :P

(btw: that's not a fanboy avatar image. I just liked the new NFS colors):D

The biggest complainers of customisation are those who wish NFS would return to its roots but that's not going to happen. However there are a lot who just want the series to go back to what the original Most Wanted did. That game had the best of old and new NFS at the time. Allowing those who wanted to have their supercars and get chased by the police to do so and for those who wanted to go all Fast and Furious to do that.

Biggest pain is the handling. Sure there are people who want NFS to go be more like a simulation but that's not what NFS has ever been about. But to go too far over to stylised super-floaty-drift handling is also something that a lot do not want to see. However, when you consider the teen age range that NFS has at its core, it is easy to see how so many of them want theirs to handle like the Criterion games, as that's what they know.

Shills are a problem too. It's as if people forget you can be a fan and yet STILL give criticism.

With handling like that most cockpit cam users wouldn't touch the game, and even if they did, would probably really struggle to drive from that viewpoint anyway. Shame that the biggest racing series of the 90's and 00's now ranks so far down the pecking order. But hey, if they still sell millions, that's all EA cares about, right?

The biggest complainers of customisation are those who wish NFS would return to its roots but that's not going to happen.

aka same idiots who think nfs roots are underground series.

this one reminds me of the run which was an awful game with the cheesiest most uninteresting story line, have I also mentioned I happen to hate fnf series so I'm already biased. I really liked nfs 15' this looks like a massive downgrade but oh well we'll wait and see I guess.

And NFS 2015 didnt have cheesy story line? To me it had no sense at all and towards the end the fake drama was cringy as hell.

Underground isnt the roots but it was one of the most selling games in NFS franchise pretty sure so,..

To me NFS could split into two franchises like Forza did, one with only supercars like Hot pursuit and second one, underground style with deep customisation around tuner cars.

Trying to mix both doesnt work that great, for example in NFS 15, the best drift car was the Huracan, how retarded is that?

aka same idiots who think nfs roots are underground series.
When I say roots I mean only supercars and police chases on multiple maps. There are those who just scream for Underground 3 but they are getting a lot of what they want in these new games so they're not too bad. The thing is they proved they could make a best of both worlds with the original Most Wanted. No need to rice out your vehicles, it was your choice to go exotic or keep it street, go mad or stick to close to stock. Then you had the police who were an actual challenge.

So it can be done.

To me NFS could split into two franchises like Forza did, one with only supercars like Hot pursuit and second one, underground style with deep customisation around tuner cars.
This could have worked but for how long? I'm not sure it would have lasted that long before merging into one anyway.

So the aesthetics have no influence whatsoever on how the car handles? You can have unbelievable camber and still drive normally? :hmmm: If so, this game is a joke like every other NFS.

The levels of customisation is very cool, but some of the kits are obviously more beneficial to the aero/handling than others, why not follow every other game and have them actually influence how the car drives?

Which might not be that big a problem when it comes to bumpers.... but to then add camber? :oook: how would that not affect handling, it's just too big a leap for me. Ah well.

It's not as if the handling was good enough in the first place for camber to ruin, is that why they didn't bother? Probably.

• 2 months later...