We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Black Wheels: Yay or nay?

CarMadMike

Are black rims getting less popular?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are black rims getting less popular?

• No, wat u talkin' bout, black rims r here 2 stay m8
    • Yes, black rims are thankfully getting less popular
    • Diamond cut alloys are the way forward
    • Black wheels are still popular, but I'd never have them on my car

Are black wheels going out of fashion? Do you want them to go? They're not quite gone yet but I've noticed more and more expensive cars being specced without them, is this a trend or am is it just wishful thinking on my behalf? :hmmm:

2017-C63S-CLASS-SEDAN-001-MCFO.jpg

*shudder* I hate the silver lip around these alloys more than I hate that they're black.

Vote in the poll :)

I'll just have whatever the car comes with. Case in point my motorcycle has red wheels. I'm not looking to spend extra on that.

We're mainly talking OEM wheels here anyway rather than aftermarket, even if you were buying a used car rather than speccing one, what if two identical cars with different wheels were up for sale at the same price? You honestly don't care about wheels at all?

"Gimme the silver wheels, thanks."

Ah, the depreciation spec.

On a serious note I got bored with all the cars having black wheels. On most cars I'd prefer them silver now.

Yeah I think we're on the same page here tbh, unless it's a Rosso Corsa ferrari, having silver wheels is usually the cheaper option right now.

The black centre-lock wheels on a 911 GTS are something i'd consider, although I've read a lot about centre-lock wheels being an absolute nightmare for a daily driver.

A f12 owner told me that he couldn't afford his car at the moment he got it if he would've went for a more exotic spec, as he wanted it dark blue

I can believe that, was it paint-to-sample it was it a dark blue Ferrari already offer, they just offer it for a considerable amount more money? I think they're as bad as Porsche when it comes to limiting the amount of each colour that gets produced, meaning if you want one of the rarer colours you must have to pay through your teeth for it.

I'd be interesting in knowing the genuine prices for the MSO alterations you can get on a McLaren, I can't see them being as huge as Ferrari but they can't be cheap either. Once the second hand market starts being kinder to McLarens I can see the MSO pricing increasing though.

We're mainly talking OEM wheels here anyway rather than aftermarket, even if you were buying a used car rather than speccing one, what if two identical cars with different wheels were up for sale at the same price? You honestly don't care about wheels at all?

That's right. I'm not that fused at all. Speccing and ordering any new will depreciate a lot very quickly regardless, so I'll stick to the second hand market.

Hypothetically speaking, if black wheels looked good and didn't cost any extra dollars or time, I might go with them if they stayed clean for longer.