We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo Sport - New batch of previews and gameplay videos

Eudemon

[HEADLINE]Gran Turismo Sport - Previews[/HEADLINE]

Previews galore are appearing for GT Sport giving us loads of gameplay footage and a better idea of how the game will play, along with a real look at the lesser seen features such as the livery editor and vehicle customisation. Disappointingly, the campaign seems to be one in name only, as there is nothing really of substance to it. (unless there is something that hasn't been shown yet in relation to it)

[sUBHEAD]GT Sport - Campaign Videos[/sUBHEAD]

GT Sport Single-player gameplay - PlayStation Underground

GT Sport Campaign Gameplay - MKFireandIce

GT Sport Campaign Walkthrough - IGN

[sUBHEAD]GT Sport - Photo Mode / Scapes Videos[/sUBHEAD]

GT Sport Photo Mode Scapes Walkthrough - IGN

[sUBHEAD]GT Sport - Mixed Footage Videos[/sUBHEAD]

GT Sport - Look through menus & a night race - Impress Watch (Japanese)

GT Sport - Various Items Showcase

There's more out there so if you come across something good, post it up! :)

I am 98% sure that they didn't show anything of the real campaing yet. Those are just the events, not the actual races, like FF championship, or FR Challange, etc.

One thing is sure though, this is the best looking car game of PS4, and i dare to say, best looking car game ever so far. :lol:

#joinsthehypetrain #yesiknowitswrongbutcanthelpmyself

I am 98% sure that they didn't show anything of the real campaing yet. Those are just the events, not the actual races, like FF championship, or FR Challange, etc.

One thing is sure though, this is the best looking car game of PS4, and i dare to say, best looking car game ever so far. :lol:

#joinsthehypetrain #yesiknowitswrongbutcanthelpmyself

#stophashtagging :p

The main thing I got from these videos is that they seem to have forgotten to make the stands at the tracks realistic, everything else seems absolutely stunning and uber realistic, but the grandstands are so bright and have such faint shadows etc, it takes away from the realism a bit. Check the second video especially to see if you agree with me.

Well ok then, here's the North American Brand Central car list.

-video-

I have a theory about the car list of this game, but i am not sure, so it might be a complete garbage what i will say now. :lol:

As we could notice, the cars are divides into Groups, being Group N as normal, Group 4, Group 3 and Group B for rally.

Also, we have seen many cars have all or almost all the variants in the groups, like:

Lancer Gr. N

Lancer Gr. 4

Lancer Gr. 3

Lancer Gr. B

Mustang Gr. N

Mustang Gr. 4

Mustang Gr. 3

Mustang Gr. B

GT-R Gr. N

GT-R Gr. 4

GT-R Gr. 3

GT-R Gr. B

And so on. This is a beta game, a "demonstration" as per say, if you remember the demonstration of older Gran Turismos, it featured racing modification. I believe that they brought the racing modification back to GT Sport, and the number of 140 cars, might get split by a few more, if you count all the Mustangs and it's "variations/racing modifications" as one.

Which matches what Kaz has once said in an interview, that GT Sport would have around 400 cars.

Would be really cool, and could be true, but that we will only find it out once the game is released. :lol:

I have a theory about the car list of this game, but i am not sure, so it might be a complete garbage what i will say now. :lol:

As we could notice, the cars are divides into Groups, being Group N as normal, Group 4, Group 3 and Group B for rally.

Also, we have seen many cars have all or almost all the variants in the groups, like:

Lancer Gr. N

Lancer Gr. 4

Lancer Gr. 3

Lancer Gr. B

Mustang Gr. N

Mustang Gr. 4

Mustang Gr. 3

Mustang Gr. B

GT-R Gr. N

GT-R Gr. 4

GT-R Gr. 3

GT-R Gr. B

And so on. This is a beta game, a "demonstration" as per say, if you remember the demonstration of older Gran Turismos, it featured racing modification. I believe that they brought the racing modification back to GT Sport, and the number of 140 cars, might get split by a few more, if you count all the Mustangs and it's "variations/racing modifications" as one.

Which matches what Kaz has once said in an interview, that GT Sport would have around 400 cars.

Would be really cool, and could be true, but that we will only find it out once the game is released. :lol:

beta game as in beta build or the whole title is a `transition` game like the gt3 and gt5 ?

either way the whole UI looks just amazing, definitely the best I've ever seen in any racing game.

beta game as in beta build or the whole title is a `transition` game like the gt3 and gt5 ?

either way the whole UI looks just amazing, definitely the best I've ever seen in any racing game.

As Beta build.

And i agree Hassan, they really know how to make movies of their games. Since the good old GT1.

Their attention to the details in many areas is never really doubted, they just seem to fall short in crucial areas and never work on remedying it! As a long time GT player (not so much a fan anymore) it is frustrating to see the same thing (not) being done and the typical glossing over nonsense said by Kaz.

If this was anything else Sony would have got someone else into the position or shuttered them long ago (miss you Evolution Studios!). GT sells and that's what saves it but even nowadays people are starting to get tired of the usual GT release drama.

Gran Turismo Sport's single player content is as limited as we feared :: Team VVV[/url]

This is an interesting read. Seems single player is just tutorials on how to drive to prep you for online and I don't know how to feel about that.

In the Beta. Based on the number of the complains, would be really dumb to not sort it out.

Edit: Not to mention it is a bit naive to believe the full single player mode would be released in the beta, months before the game release. Those kind of reviews are the one i said, it's a Beta game, and they don't mention that anywhere. Beta is meant to be a test. Online beta is meant to test online features, not offline, so, why put the campaing mode in it?

I see this Closed Beta as a something similar to this:

And before anyone claim on why put the tutorials in the Beta at all, because there is a logic. These things might help people to learn how to race, how to drive, and that, in GT Sport, has a clearly impact on Sportsmanship Ratio and Driver Level, which are actually things intented to be tested and polished in the Online Beta.

It is getting hard to keep things within the topic, Diablo? :lol:

Jesus those people who can't control themselves. (Me included, but shhhh)

Edit:

Ok, sure, this report and others do all say the same, but again, they forget this is still in online beta stage. It's not the final game at all. Sport mode in GT Sport seems to be the online scheduled races, the E-sports part, not even really the custom lobby races, where players could create their own rooms, with their own rules and race online. Have a game today, without an offline racing campaing is a huge mistake which i quite doubt PD will take it. Even because that could affect what has so far been their advertising chief, which is photomode. A game that only allows you to race against other cars while you're online, means you can't take photos of your car while racing if you don't play online at all. If that is how things goes, that would be a massive mistake by PD, and they would need to be really dumb to do so.

But again, neither me, or anyone really knows how the game will be at the end, which makes these debates quite pointless, but they're fun, nonetheless. :lol:

Yeah sorry, just trying to keep topical stuff in their topics is all.

Well there will be offline racing through the usual 'Arcade' option but as for a GT-esque typical campaign. That really does appear to be gone for what would normally have been known as License Tests.

I don't think they would make such mistake. I think media has been rambling about it without much really a cause. It is fair to remember that not even TDU 2 had single player races in their Online Beta.

I don't see a reason to add single player campain in a Beta game, that can be tested without public help/feedback, which is different when we're talking about online racing and ratings.