We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 7 Will Not Have Toyota Production Cars!!

TurboDuck

[headline]Forza Motorsport 7 Will Not Have Toyota Production Cars!![/headline]

Forza7-No-Toyota-main-800x300.jpg

There will be no Toyota production cars in Forza Motorsport 7! As unbelievable as that sounds it has been officially confirmed by Turn 10 community manager, Brian Ekberg, in the latest 'Week in Review' posted on the official website.

Everyday and fan favourites such as the Supra, AE86, Celica, classic 2000 GT and more that have appeared in previous...

Read more on this...

Hey @H4milton, you got the featured image on this one! :cool:

Yeah Subaru 22B and overall they could refresh it in terms of versions of the cars.

For example like Rx-7 been the same since FM3 the early model with ugly customisation, why cant they make the newer Spirit Type R, Z Tune R34, etc.

Yes the car list is huge but then again they only add couole dozen of cars each game, the rest stays the same, it just gets old and boring.

forza needs a loooong break like the gt. Build everything up to today's standards. They've pretty much become the cod of racing games.
Yes and no. It's a 2-year development for each of the Forza games and they outsource on a grand scale I believe so getting these older models up to scratch shouldn't be that much of an issue. They just seem to prefer to leave them alone for some reason. :hmmm:

Yes and no. It's a 2-year development for each of the Forza games and they outsource on a grand scale I believe so getting these older models up to scratch shouldn't be that much of an issue. They just seem to prefer to leave them alone for some reason. :hmmm:

quality is not so much the issue its the mentality of putting out a title every year, whoring out the game to the average guy who's not interested in cars. Which makes sense from a financial point of view but when you look at GT the purpose is so much more obvious, it stands out for itself. I wish forza had that kind of vision, it could be a much better game.

It's every 2 years... just because they hold the same name doesn't mean it's the same game. GT is playing it risky, you develop a game for so long peoples expectations will also rise and if the game falls short which GT sport may do it does more harm than good to the company. Turn 10 and playground may whore out the franchise but it's not like they're churning out steaming piles of crap, excluding forza 5 they haven't disappointed yet.

I don't think I would ever like to see Forza go to a GT-style release schedule. GT stagnated for ages, never really improving or adding what their fans wanted, but then Forza came around, and the bar was raised. Sure GT had the looks, the style and its photo mode but step back from that and it was still the same as it's always been. GT, PD and Kaz especially are arrogant in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I really admire the beauty and craft that goes into a Gran Turismo, but we're nearing the 20th anniversary of the series and it's only now slowly starting to embrace what its competitors have been doing for a while.

I think Sony needs to rein PD and co in a bit personally.

It is always sad to see a big brand gets removed from a game, whatever the reason they have. Toyota sure will be missed by many Forza players, as they have great JDM models. I wonder why that happened though.

As Forza cars, i do agree they should update the older models, which they have been re-using for a long time. They did updated some though, it's just less visible and changes are minor. Re-make a 3D car might be more complicated than it sounds, specially if the 3D model is wrong. A single car might take a lot of their time, which could, yes, compromise the 2-year release schedule. There is no miracle in gaming industry, you can't have all, which is, good models, good programming and short release time. One of these 3 will be lacking a bit. 3D models now have much more polygons and the game engine has much more capacity to show details, that means, make a model today takes a lot more time than it did back in early 2000.

My main complain about Forza cars though have always been about their way of put cars. They put the "latest" or the "best" version of older cars. Like, a C6 Corvette? Only the ZR1 model. A Honda S2000? Only the CR model. And so on.

These might not be unheard in other racing games, but within the Forza universe they could add 24 hour day/night cycle, new body mods and not the same things they've had since 2005, actual dynamic weather, the list goes on and on. I hadn't played any Forza games since FM4 so when I finally got an XB1 a few months ago, I was really disappointed with the fact that other than a couple new cars, and a couple tracks with rain, there was no difference between the two.

I'm guessing the Porsche DLC's sold so well they needed to pick another brand to swap with for FM7 now that every other racing game is including Porsche from day 1. Yes, I'm predicting a Toyota DLC pack for Forza 7.

Toyota pulled out, just like vw did with forza horizon 3, don't expect any Dlc or sign of road going toyotas in the game.

Rolling starts were already done with the nascar Dlc no?

I do agree with pitstop management, they seriously need to improve on they and they seem to ignore it all the time.