We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ps3!!!

roadster07

Got paid today and thought "ill have a look in tescos too see if they have any in stock" (5pm firday) they had 5 left, so i couldnt pass the opurtunity up.

And my o my im luvin it.

Its a PSP turned big lol. Any internet site is searchable like a psp. (almsot on psp)

No subscriptsion for internet play.

Blueray = AWSOME, Black Hawk Down on 42" HD Tele, on blue ray, you cant beat that.

So lets sum up, blueray dvd drive (bluray vdv players are around £150) a brand new console, 2 games and 2 blueray films. all for £489 , very nice deal.

Recommended by Allmighteh :)

i played motorstorm the other day in currys

and i must say, they have actually gone backwards, the physics are worse than a half boiled egg rolling down a mountain, and the graphics, well, they are much worse than GT4

i highly recommend playing one before buying, and dont just think wow new console, think meh, more of the same from sony

Was in GAME yesterday and they said they have sold quite alot

IMO the Japs have no Imagination

Graphics arent as good as the 360 :http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=15368 (Proof)

Copied Xbox's Marketplace, Arcade Download, Guide Button On the Controller

Copied the Wii's Controller System

an Xbox 360 Now costs around £200 for a Premiun, and Wii Costs around £180.

I would Recommend Buying both of them and you would still have some Money left over the cost of a PS3

I'm waiting till it goes down in price and tbh the launch games aren't really worth anything apart from maybe the FREE GT:HD demo. As for it being rubbish, that's no chance and to even compare the 360 to PS3 graphics wise at this time is absurd as noone can get the best out of a system in a first wave of releases. When the second wave are released about 2 years after launch then you can start comparing but right now it's just fanboys saying crap as always.

As for copying, Sony has always wanted to do something like the Marketplace, in fact I remember reading when GT3 was coming up for launch that Kazunori Yamauchi-san (GT producer) wanted to provide downloadable parts and features in the future of the GT series and other devs have said the same like Hideo Kojima of MGS fame. And the argument about the Wii is a funny one, Sony has had a motion sensor controller patent since 1999 but never acted upon it so yes the copied Nintendo in the timing but they never copied the technology.

It's all a waiting game to be honest and in the end it will come down to the games but I will say of GT5, enthusia 2 (please please please Konami!!), GTR (?) come to PS3 with full FFB wheel support from Logitech then the PS3 will become the racers choice again. I personally am just hoping that Polyphony Digital get their finger out and make GT5 the ultimate Gran Turismo that KY has always envisioned as Turn 10 and Forza are constantly raising the bar for the console racer.

My name is Baxie, and I used to be a Playstation Fanboy.

I did all the same arguments as everyone else, when MS released the Xbox. I refused simple logic and as time went by I grew a lot older and luckily a lot wiser.

Sony has shown their true colours, IMO, concerning the launch of the PS3.

They are loosing touch with reality. While the PSP was a fantastic piece of hardware and designwise maybe some of the most sexy technology I ever saw, the most interesting bit about it was the UMD media.

New, compact and concealed discs with low read-times less requirements for motoring and almost completely quiet, the PSP gave hope for a new and better way of delivering data.

Sony, however, as usual completely ignored the fact that there is indeed a whole other world of producers,manufacturers and other parts of the production apparatus, which doesn't kneel down at the hole Sony altar and insisted that every bit of UMD that had to be burnt, cut, shipped or programmed, had to go through Sony.

So no privately owned media-burners, no way of having the sexy tiny UMDs in the back-pocket for file transfers and more importantly no way of copying one UMD to another for a friend.

So ok. A HUGE success for the moneymakers that be. And the business praised Sony.

However, when Sony then proclaimed that the business wouldn't be allowed to do these things either, but rather had to go through Sony AND PAY things picked up speed, and today, like Betamax of the past, UMD is dead.

In the near future. Another battle is being fought. HD-DVD vs. BluRay Disc. Who will win...

In one corner, we have Sony who will require moviemakers to go through them to have BluRays cut shipped and distributed.

And in the other, the rest of the world, with their existing HD-DVD's, their HD-DVD-Writers, their pirated software and their urge to store even more junk on digital media and to circumvent the moneymakers of the world.

This fight will be the deciding factor in the war between the 360 and the Xbox.

Remember. The only console that has ever been able to compete with the Playstation, is the only other console that has been able to use pirated software.

I don't need to tell you who my money is on, do I?

This fight will be the deciding factor in the war between the 360 and the Xbox.

Interesting battle :D :wtf:

Remember. The only console that has ever been able to compete with the Playstation, is the only other console that has been able to use pirated software.

The dreamcast was very easily pirate-able, once the disk had been 'cracked' you could use the copy on any dreamcast without so much as a chip, and that copy could be used to make more copies, which would still work on other standard dreamcasts.

and the games were GD-rom, which is basically the same as a CD, so to make these games you needed nothing more than a CD writer.

The dreamcast was crushed by sony's marketing department though. a great shame.

That should be the 360 vs. the PS3 obviously.

And the dreamcast could be pirated, but not all games and eventually most of the bigger titles became hard and near impossible to pirat.

All Xbox games could be pirated by anyone with a CD-writer and a writable CD

...........(bluray vdv players are around £150)........

Have you checked current prices?.....As far as I can make sense of they are fetching £400 upwards. I'm not exactly gooey-eyed with the PS3 after a bad PS2 pre-order experience.

On a side not though, I got rid of my Wii on Saturday to a second hand shop, they gave me £180 for the console alone, £20 for extra Wii-mote and £15 each game (I had six)....a grand total of £290 which is just £10 below what I paid for the whole lote three months ago ;).....The same shop was selling PS3 for £425 and buying in at £300.....a loss of £125 straight away....lol, I also hear there are plentiful supplies of this supposed sought after piece of hardware....lol.....yeah right!! Xbox 360 premiums were being sold at £200 and bought in at £144. So obviously it pays to have a Wii when it comes to selling it on, little to no loss of initial outlay......although saying that this shop did have about 10 Wii consoles in store for £235 each, can't see £180 being offered much longer when the stockpiles are growing.

I most likely will get a PS3 eventually though, maybe just for the latest Tekken and GT....but the price must come down to around £250 or less before I open my wallet. :cool:

Im sorry but people are over ctrical of this console, you really dont see what you get untill you buy it, i mean comeon 360s when they first came out, cant truly remember the adsact price, but lets say they were £250, ok add the price of a blue ray dvd player (150) and there you have you £400. Plus the ps3 is SO much more user friendly. Headsets for an example, you can use ANY usb headsets on the ps3, you can use ANY bluetooth headset, even handsfree kits for phones.

Im sorry you get alot for your money.

And to who ever said that the physics of motorstorm are rubish, OH COMEON! the physics are the best part of that game, they are super, its not a realistic racing game.

As many people have said, when the 'first' pile of 360 games came out, they wernt all that good, it took the developers time to get the true feel of the system and use as much of it up as possible, you wait untill the second wave or 3rd wave of ps3 games, and thats when you will see the diffrence.

Please, stop being over critical of this console untill you have owned one.

• 2 months later...
Im sorry but people are over ctrical of this console, you really dont see what you get untill you buy it, i mean comeon 360s when they first came out, cant truly remember the adsact price, but lets say they were £250, ok add the price of a blue ray dvd player (150) and there you have you £400. Plus the ps3 is SO much more user friendly. Headsets for an example, you can use ANY usb headsets on the ps3, you can use ANY bluetooth headset, even handsfree kits for phones.

Im sorry you get alot for your money.

And to who ever said that the physics of motorstorm are rubish, OH COMEON! the physics are the best part of that game, they are super, its not a realistic racing game.

As many people have said, when the 'first' pile of 360 games came out, they wernt all that good, it took the developers time to get the true feel of the system and use as much of it up as possible, you wait untill the second wave or 3rd wave of ps3 games, and thats when you will see the diffrence.

Please, stop being over critical of this console untill you have owned one.

I am sure the 360 was £279 when first released.

I only have F1 and NFS carbon at the mo and its the lack of games that are stopping people buying the PS3 i reckon, and the free blue ray DVD i got through the post was a bonus.

As for overheating, my 360 has crashed more than my PS3 and i have had the playstation longer.

I am suprised microsoft never put a browser on the 360 though since sony managed it.

• 2 months later...