We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Microsoft ready to have conversation with any developers who want crossplay

Eudemon

Microsoft have said they are ready to talk to developers who want to feature crossplay, citing Nintendo and Valve especially. There are of course games already that do this, but this is now being extended to anyone who wants it. It's funny watching MS who were sort of against this last-gen come out supporting it more and it is Sony who are the 'bad guy' now, because of their attitude towards it.

It would be excellent for this to happen in my opinion, certain games are set for it - sports and racing titles especially.

Mike Ybarra, vice president of Xbox, told VG247 that it’s happy to talk to the likes of Valve and Nintendo when it comes to getting multiplayer games working across multiple platforms, not just between Xbox One and Windows.

“It’s more about gamer choice, more about making an IP on our platform last longer. I don’t care about where they play, I just want people to have fun playing games because that’s just better for the industry,” said Ybarra.

“The demands of consumers and developers have changed,” he continued. “People are like, ‘we want all of our gamers in one multiplayer pool together, playing’.

Microsofts open invitation to Valve, Nintendo and others to join Xbox One and PC crossplay | VG247

Well rocket league seems to be doing good with crossplay, so why not? PlayStation/Xbox exclusives titles would still be exclusive titles, and then other games like NFS, BF, COD, FIFA, Madden, F1 and many more would be able to crossplay. I think that can be good. I'd play with all of my friends if there was crossplay with PC (Sometimes it's hard to be a PC gamer :(, hell I wouldn't consider my friends gamers, they just have PS4 and play from time to time )

Crossplay is something that works for most scenarios. The days of buying the same console as your mates in order to play together should be gone by now. Publishers and developers should be pushing system makers to do it. I mean imagine 3+ different platforms playing the same racing or football game together at one time.

I understand that PC may always have an upper hand in a number of situations but they should be able to be worked out, right?

Sony/microsoft take a cut for every game sold on their platform, which is probably even higher if purchased on their online store. So by enabling more players to buy more games on Xbox, don't are just giving money away to Microsoft.

Microsoft were ready to talk some time ago, early this year or even last year when rocket league said it was ready and working internally. So nothing is really new here with this article. However it is nice to see cross play on forza pc working.

Sony/microsoft take a cut for every game sold on their platform, which is probably even higher if purchased on their online store. So by enabling more players to buy more games on Xbox, don't are just giving money away to Microsoft.

Microsoft were ready to talk some time ago, early this year or even last year when rocket league said it was ready and working internally. So nothing is really new here with this article. However it is nice to see cross play on forza pc working.

Well, then they should use console exclusives to draw players to each console of their choice. Because not the majority of console games are exclusive, I don't see why would you choose xbox over PS (Or vice versa) just to play FIFA when the game is pretty much the same across all platforms (Even on these kind of games everyone plays on controllers because using a keyboard is a PITA)... You, then, would get an XB or a PS to play Forza or GT.

Btw, long time forza players are hating on PC players because they are all cheaters. I have read people complaining that "PC players are able modify controllers to get extra grip", like what the heck. Or that pCARS and Assetto Corsa is full of cheaters (Pretty sure they haven't even touched those on PC). I think that the only place where it's full of cheaters is GTA Online...