We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Forza 7 worse than previous Forzas?

Milli

But is like saying "Boeing cannot produce all the parts needed to build a 737 so they outsource them (Which is true), and cannot assure the same quality on the parts they do produce". No matter who makes the things for you, you have to be sure they meet your standards, and if some outsourced cars are bad quality it's because T10 standards are low and not the other way around. I guess they really should refresh those cars that people keep pointing out, because, afaik, they didn't even fixed the errors of the original cars...

I agree on the "Ship broke, fix later" philoshphy... And it's kinda worrying

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forza Motorsport 7 Review by Inside Sim Racing

For the first time ever, Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios released a Forza Motorsport edition for both the Xbox One and the PC (Windows 10).

Billy Strange of Inside Sim Racing presents his review of the new Forza Motorsport 7 title and tries to find out if the Windows 10 version of Forza 7 is ready to compete with the multitude of racing simulators already available on the PC platform.

Billy analyzes all the major components of the game and shares his personal pros and cons.

Billy’s Pros

• Dash Cam
  • Career Progression
  • No Intro Race
  • Graphics
  • Car Selection
  • Track Selection
  • Audio Options
  • Force Feedback Options
  • Damage
  • Things Not Changed from FM6
  • Specialty Dealer
  • Adjustable Career Race Length
  • Presentation & UI

Billy’s Neutral

• Driving
  • Force Feedback
  • Prize Crates
  • Car Acquisition
  • Sound

Billy’s Cons

• AI
  • PC Optimization
  • Mandatory Career Races
  • No Throttle & Brake Sensitivity Adjustment
  • Camera Issues
  • H-Pattern Shifter
  • VIP Controversy

Good video and review. Skipped through it a bit to catch the main points but it looks like 7 is not so lucky for Forza fans. Sure they can fix it but it's generally more difficult to get people back after they've been soured at the start.

Should this maybe have been delayed to November with the Xbox One X?

I bought this today despite reading about a lot of people having yet more problems downloading from the Store and the near 100GB download. Up to 42GB so far and I used that time to change the differential fluid and clean up some minor surface rust under the BMW, so I'm about to go out and do my standard Sunday car cleaning session and hopefully I'll come back with only a couple of hours left of downloading to do.

Had to download Horizon 3 about five times when that was released so I'm quietly hoping that won't be the case this time because 100GB is a bit of a joke this time around.

Nürburgring.

170929051051865111.jpg

170929051047110400.jpg

170929051111266939.png

La Sarthe.

170929052908686466.jpg

170929052911807022.jpg

170929052932391608.png

I mean animated pit stops are nice and all, but it's something that can be looked over to be honest, when I'm playing F1 2017 it's an opportunity to go on my phone or drink water :lol: I don't really pay attention to them.

I believe the major issue is not really the lack of pit crew in the game, the major issue is make people think it will be there, because they showed it very well in pre-release images and videos. Even some reviewers said that the game would have pit crew. The fact that it's nothing but a really big lie is what makes it a lot worse.

If that is how pit-stops actually work then that is pretty misleading.

Those sound and graphic comparisons are quite something after all. In saying that though, I think it's easy to get a bad pic in FM7 because of the variable time of day that it can apply over the period of a race, giving that flat look.

If that is how pit-stops actually work then that is pretty misleading.

Those sound and graphic comparisons are quite something after all. In saying that though, I think it's easy to get a bad pic in FM7 because of the variable time of day that it can apply over the period of a race, giving that flat look.

That is how the pit stop is in Forza 7. Like any other Forza, no pit crew at all. Which is not what they showed people in their "In-game footage" trailer.

And not a "bad pic". The graphics got downgraded to handle the dynamic weather. Same thing happened in GT5 to GT6. Small details had to be ditched. I understand the reason why they did it though. Sad to see that they had to really cut things in Forza 7. Which leads to the thinking, why didn't they wait a bit for Xbox Scorpio? Won't it be way better than Xbox One?

Edit:

Also, apparently they made something that actually kills the porpouse of dynamic weather. You can't choose which tires you will use when you pit-in. So, if a race starts dry, and starts to rain, you don't really need to pit in to switch your tires. That sort of ruins all the fun of racing strategy. But i can be wrong about that. Someone who has the game could test it for us. :lol: :D

As Diablo said, it's easy to make a game look bad. As it is quite difficult to make a bad game look good. Check the screenshot thread I made Robik think my pics were FM7 when they were AC, not that AC is bad looking, but it's not the best looking either.

I'm with hassan, most of the time you are not stopped to see how patchy the grass is, most of the time it just rushes by, although I understand it's nice to see it when you are taking a screenshot or something similar.

the game is actually alright now that I get to play it even after my refund :D

It now makes sense as a free 2 play game, I like the slower progression. I always thought forza needed that. Career mode is pretty much the same though, no improvements there same with multiplayer lobbies, in fact if anything it's a downgrade from fh3 where you could customize the events. I really hate the fact that I have to race in SUVs and trucks in order to progress.

As for the graphics, they are definitely a downgrade, it's more apparent in 4k, all of the textures are blatantly resized, details have been removed and still has the same problem of cars having too much detail and rest of the world having non. I guess they should've worked on that instead of adding fireworks into circuits that everyone hates. The prize crates/mods situation is pretty ugly, but then again I can't complain since the game was free for me.

But those are the only things that annoy me, I'd say this game is noooooooooooooooooooooooo way worth $60, since it is just an fm6 expansion pack. I guess the ball don't lie

--- Post Updated ---

Same metal flake semi-gloss Brass in the past 3 Forzas - Album on Imgur

I didn't think the downgrade went onto the shaders and environment mapping. Holy cow

--- Post Updated ---

Same metal flake semi-gloss Brass in the past 3 Forzas - Album on Imgur

I didn't think the downgrade went onto the shaders and environment mapping. Holy cow

That's also quite something... Most people won't notice aswell, because 90% of people who play Forza ends up painting their cars in gloss colors anyways. :lol: But it's quite sad, the paint in Forza 6 was something i really liked when i played. How metallic you could make a color to be.

Another thing i've read about in Forza forums is the fact that drivatar vehicles are always in matte colors, so they don't have reflections.