We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Forza 7 worse than previous Forzas?

Milli

MotoGamesTV have been releasing a couple of comparisions videos, featuring Forza 7 against previous Forza games (Mostly Forza 4), and there are things that older Forzas do seem to do better.

This one for instance:

In Forza 7 the driver don't actually shift the car. He did in Forza 4, but apparently, it's an automatic in Forza 7. Now on this other one, featuring a M5:

There is shifting animation, but it looks so... not really well done. And this was better made in Forza 6, as it shows in this video:

In this Ford GT video, we can also notice that the movement of the paddle is wrong aswell, as it moves like it's been pressed, and not pulled.

And in all videos, you can see exaggerated windshild reflex, where you can actually see the reflex of the driver's gloves, like if the car has no dashboard at all and how the driver does not properlly holds the steering wheel (Really clear on the M5 when turning). I mean, all these things, as i can see, were better made in Forza 4 or Forza 6.

What you, Forza players, have to say about it? Am i nuts to be a bit annoyed by this? :lol: :nuts:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without doubt Forza 7 has some small derps here and there. But I think giving a paddleshift animation and a rarely visible reflection issue as a reason to think Forza 4 is better, I disagree.

Without doubt Forza 4 was more than benchmark on its release. But that has no correlation between the graphic highlight of Forza 7. Sure, it has its moments. But I personally haven't mention these things you've mentioned because there's plenty more eyecandy to distract you.

Also I was sceptic on the whole 700 carlist hype with nothing new on it, but it actually feels a lot more diverse and I came over that. I really like Forza 7 and with some new cars in coming DLC's I will play it a lot.

I've not tried it yet. had the demo downloaded but just not made time for it yet

Wasn't impressed with the FM6 demo and have barely played 5.

Absolutely loved 4 but i just don't enjoy the current generation of racers. In fact all the current games just seem to be a bit tired with fancy features that i rarely use. They are beautiful though.

It's got it's fair share of problems but where it matters seems to still be strong. Feedback and response on their forums and around the web indicate that people are not happy with the reduced VIP benefits, the lootbox push and the way non-assist bonuses have been taken away. Those on PC are suffering a bit with the same problems Horzion 3 did on it's release and wheel support is a bit hit and miss in places too.

Other than that, things are not that bad it seems. :lol:

Many things to reply. :lol:

Will try to make some sense and reply you all in the same time without multi-quote everyone.

Robik, yeah, you've got the word right, these newer games doesn't seem to be polished, and it sort of annoys me, because they are huge sellers, they win a lot of money with the players, and they don't seem to care enough to polish it, or get these details right! And if it's so "small" that nobody will notice, why didn't they do it then? The same time spent for make the paddle shifter move to the wrong direction is the same time to make it move to the right direction. :lol:

Loek, that title was more of a clickbait. :lol: But point is, it's not only those 2 things. The overall driver hand situation is poorly made in Forza 7, It looks like TDU with mods using the wrong IK. Then there is the windshild reflex, which is really wrong and overdone. Then the exaust shake (M5 video), which is real, but they overdid it. Then the side mirror shake... notice how an Audi RS6 shakes it's side mirrors at high speed. It's like, really Forza?

Hassan, better in what sense? Could you elaborate your statement? :lol: I believe all Forzas were "solid" games, otherwise they wouldn't be as popular as they are, the point is, other than having what they should have (More cars, tracks and graphics), what is much better in it than Forza 4, 5 or 6?

And i saw that aswell Diablo, but i don't know what to think about it, in the same time i think it's cool to have those assist bonuses, which encourage people to drive without them, i think it's also cool to not have them, so people who are not really good at the game won't feel like they're garbage and need to "work harder" in the game. :lol:

So, in general, what i think is, yes, Forza 7 is beautiful. A game that catches your eyes with massive car pr0n and eye candy weather, it has a big car list and a track list, but it all hides that they made a few things worse than the previous games, and most people won't notice, because they will be amazed by eye candy visuals.

Maybe i am getting too old for games...:lol: And will start to say, in my time things were better... :lol:

P.S. Yes, many lol faces. :lol:

Many things to reply. :lol:

Will try to make some sense and reply you all in the same time without multi-quote everyone.

Robik, yeah, you've got the word right, these newer games doesn't seem to be polished, and it sort of annoys me, because they are huge sellers, they win a lot of money with the players, and they don't seem to care enough to polish it, or get these details right! And if it's so "small" that nobody will notice, why didn't they do it then? The same time spent for make the paddle shifter move to the wrong direction is the same time to make it move to the right direction. :lol:

Maybe i am getting too old for games...:lol: And will start to say, in my time things were better... :lol:

P.S. Yes, many lol faces. :lol:

As Ive said theres lots of small details that are wrong and it annoys me too cause Forza to me was the game that cared about small details, always had all the huds working in cars, active aero parts, correct dashboard lighting etc.

If they throw that away its gonna be just another racing game to me, sure its gonna have its own feeling but those small details to me always been what distinguished Forza games from other.

And I wouldn't say Youre getting too old for games, its games that are getting worse and worse every year.

yes it is, because I can't even download it. Can all of the windows 10 store workers kill themselves that'd be great thanks.

Thats why I want an Xbox but Im wondering about GT Sport after playing GT4.

As Ive said theres lots of small details that are wrong and it annoys me too cause Forza to me was the game that cared about small details, always had all the huds working in cars, active aero parts, correct dashboard lighting etc.

If they throw that away its gonna be just another racing game to me, sure its gonna have its own feeling but those small details to me always been what distinguished Forza games from other.

And I wouldn't say Youre getting too old for games, its games that are getting worse and worse every year.

I feel you. I always enjoy small details in games. It's always amusing to notice them... to me, shows how much they care about their games. And this last sentence is questionable... lol Old people always say things are getting worse and worse every year, and that is not entirelly true, they're just... different. :lol:

Thats why I want an Xbox but Im wondering about GT Sport after playing GT4.

Wait for it to get released... because it still has a massive chance to be a huge flop. :lol:

I can't say much since i just started playing from Forza 6 but somethings are a bit weird in FM7, like you don't need to swap tires in the rain or that sometimes the racing is at dusk or dawn and you can see that the car has the headlights on but no illumination on the road.

Other point is like they say the shaking of the parts. or the windscreen wipers going really slow in comparision to the force of the rain.

Things i like is the fact that now things are like GT in the way of restrictions to power and etc. and (correct me if i'm wrong) the carrer divisons don't repeat the same tracks.

Well, I haven't played any of the previous iterations of the game (Except for the extended FM6 demo that Apex was) so I don't have too much to compare to. About the paddle shifting animations, I think it's way better now (Barely noticeable) than what it was before, have you see how exaggerated is it on Apex and Horizon 3? Uggh so annoying.

I also think that the windshield reflections of the hands are a bit over done, but to be honest I don't watch them everytime, even I don't see real world reflections on the windshield even when they are there. Anyways I'm enjoying the game a lot, and it's great fun when it's not crashing to desktop...

About people complaining about no new features... It's a track racing game, there are not too many things to innovate in. I think the racing game fans are at an all time high of annoyment, which is quite ridiculous given all the options to choose you have at the moment. Apparently all games' physics are wrong, all lack something, all have bad feeling, all have not enough tracks or cars and the list goes on...

yes it is, because I can't even download it. Can all of the windows 10 store workers kill themselves that'd be great thanks.

Have you tried sideloading the game? It worked flawlessly to me. I was stuck with the same 0x87005 code and restarting. I just can't understand how they failed so shamelessly on the exact same thing as the previous game. The Windows store is the worse piece of software bundled with W10.

Well, I haven't played any of the previous iterations of the game (Except for the extended FM6 demo that Apex was) so I don't have too much to compare to. About the paddle shifting animations, I think it's way better now (Barely noticeable) than what it was before, have you see how exaggerated is it on Apex and Horizon 3? Uggh so annoying.

I also think that the windshield reflections of the hands are a bit over done, but to be honest I don't watch them everytime, even I don't see real world reflections on the windshield even when they are there. Anyways I'm enjoying the game a lot, and it's great fun when it's not crashing to desktop...

About people complaining about no new features... It's a track racing game, there are not too many things to innovate in. I think the racing game fans are at an all time high of annoyment, which is quite ridiculous given all the options to choose you have at the moment. Apparently all games' physics are wrong, all lack something, all have bad feeling, all have not enough tracks or cars and the list goes on...

Have you tried sideloading the game? It worked flawlessly to me. I was stuck with the same 0x87005 code and restarting. I just can't understand how they failed so shamelessly on the exact same thing as the previous game. The Windows store is the worse piece of software bundled with W10.

you mean extract the download url with fiddler and try to download it through a download manager?

you mean extract the download url with fiddler and try to download it through a download manager?

Yup, and then using powershell to install it. It's a bit annoying but it seems to be the only thing that works. But I see you have already asked for a refund, so...

However, yeah, I think that this game's launch is way worse than FH3. Specially with the VIP BS...

Yup, and then using powershell to install it. It's a bit annoying but it seems to be the only thing that works. But I see you have already asked for a refund, so...

However, yeah, I think that this game's launch is way worse than FH3. Specially with the VIP BS...

I've tried that, the powershell just kept giving me errors so I couldn't deal with it.

I've tried that, the powershell just kept giving me errors so I couldn't deal with it.

Oh... I had the 0x87005 error on my first try too. But it was a problem with the files already installed from a previous failed download so I had to "uninstall" it (Cancel the download form the store) and load the first couple hundred of MBs form the store

Forza 7 feels like a free-to-play game you paid $60 to play | VG247[/url]

(contains bad words)

Forza Motorsport 7's VIP membership has changed - for the worse Eurogamer.net

already got a refund today, it is actually impossible to download the game I gave up.

Wow that is... really just what the hell? I already didnt like the stupid spins in FH3, but this is just another level of bullcrap, I totally wnat to grind 150K or 300K to get some random crap from loot box.

This actually put me off from buying the game...

Forza 7 feels like a free-to-play game you paid $60 to play | VG247[/url]

(contains bad words)

Forza Motorsport 7's VIP membership has changed - for the worse Eurogamer.net

already got a refund today, it is actually impossible to download the game I gave up.

The things hidden behind the "Plenty eyecandy to distract you", as Loek perfectly said so.

@Milli I drove the M5 E60 yesterday and I saw what you meant. However, it seems to be just the M5, because the Audi RS7 for instance, has a perfect dashboard reflection. I don't know what happened there. For the rest if we're talking about the entire game, not just graphics, I think the game is alright, currently it's more Forza 6.75 than 7 though. The car list feels a bit full of cheap claims (700 cars of which only 100 are worth noticing) and the game is just so similar to FM6 in everything that it doesn't feel that much like a new game. I think FM6 was already exploring the limits of the XB1, so FM7 will be a great game on the XB1X I think. For now, I'm not getting what I was expecting at first, and the terrible mistake which was buying the ultimate edition is one I regret to be honest. The added content from that has been less than impressive for now.

Milli[/url] I drove the M5 E60 yesterday and I saw what you meant. However, it seems to be just the M5, because the Audi RS7 for instance, has a perfect dashboard reflection. I don't know what happened there.

Nah, it's not just the M5. Every single video i saw of Forza 7 has the overdone windshield reflection in every car. It's just a matter of the track lighting. Even the Sauber C9 has it. :lol:

Nah, it's not just the M5. Every single video i saw of Forza 7 has the overdone windshield reflection in every car. It's just a matter of the track lighting. Even the Sauber C9 has it. :lol:

Think I'm missing something here; I interpreted your first comment being the problem that you could see hands/steeringwheel in the windshield without a dashboard, but did you mean that or just that the reflections are bad at all? In case of the latter, I can't really comment, because I didn't pay too much attention to that.

Think I'm missing something here; I interpreted your first comment being the problem that you could see hands/steeringwheel in the windshield without a dashboard, but did you mean that or just that the reflections are bad at all? In case of the latter, I can't really comment, because I didn't pay too much attention to that.

It is because it's badly made and overdone. The proportions are all wrong in it. Cars do get windshield reflection? Some yes, do you see your own hand in the reflection while driving? Obviously not. In any car you won't see such effect.

But, it's like Forza screwed up the aspect ratio and deformed the reflex. Resized the height of the image but not the width, which makes it look really awful, like if every car has a very short dashboard size, where you drive really near of the windshield.

As a Forza Enthusiast and car Detail fan, I can tell that Forza never really cared about indepth Details of single cars. I know Forza 4 has 600-ish or smth cars, and I concider that in the following Point - but there was not only one vehicle Artist on the whole game but a whole Team working just on this Topic.

My Point: often cars were treat loveless, and real Details were ignored. Often the brake light Situation was messed up - parts glowed which were not intended to be, and other way around. Front- and rear wheels were ALWAYS the same, even on cars like F50, where ingame rear wheels were identically to the front ones, eventho the rear ones had more concavity irl. Same with the Murcielagos (which personally offended me a lot tbh) and some others. The Black Series C63 had the ugly plastic front bumper plate Region, which is obvioulsy useless in a game which is absolutely non-plate relative. (other than FH3, which still doesnt Support front plates anyway). In real life you could remove it in the configuration process when buying the car, and removing it on a "used" car easily. And so on and so on. Many small Details. They've improved a lot on the next-gen FMs - for instance you can see the brake lights of the Sauber glow realistically now.

I agree that the paddle shift Animation in FM7 Looks meh - it even looked better in TDU imo. FM7 exhaust shake Animation is a neat idea, although they've overdone it, A LLLOT.

a lllllot

rs-212676-DJKhale_Sufferi_Publici_Source_1000145587.jpg

lmao

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, the windshield reflection Looks neat when you concider the hard sunshine from above and the Driver wearing White gloves.

All in all I can say - Forza doesn't take on on every single Detail - its almost impossible anyway concidering the tight time plan as it's an AAA title. Eventhough the car models are basically the same since FM4 (I know that, trust me), they could take on some Details theyve missed before - they even did on many cars. But still. Don't Forget that most of the People buying forza don't give a flying F about shifting animations and brake lights positions.

Just my two Cents.

Forza can do the large amount of cars due to outsourcing I believe. With so many models being produced by many teams I imagine quality is not always going to be at the same level. It is strange how the same older models get used and not recreated or even refreshed. Every Forza that comes out has people pointing out the same issues and they just get ignored.

I can understand tiny details that not many people will notice not being given much priority but those that are right in front of players' eyes? That seems crazy. Maybe they are just keeping to the whole 'ship it broken, fix it later' that is ever so popular now.