We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Forza 7 worse than previous Forzas?

Milli

Well you asked for it, so here goes. Some of this might be based on what I feel myself though:

1. Graphics. Not a giant upgrade from FM6 because it already showed the edge of the Xbox One console, so I expect a great boost in this when it rolls out on the One X. However, especially in the skies the graphics seem to profit from some upgrades. Especially in cloudy situations.

Yeah especially those 2d trees at Maple Valley look really amazing lol. Everyone keeps praising the graphics and I just dont see that amazing graphics somehow

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who are playing the game and who have played previous titles know what the new game has and what it is missing best. Unfortunately it is easy to get into a argument when you also have passion for a series and this in turn can make you more unaware of any failings that may be there. Nowadays a decent graphics level is expected but of course you are going to get those people who only see that as being a fundamental instead of looking at it as whole.

The negatives I see aren't mainly to with the visuals, they are to do with the loot boxes, the misleading pit stops, and the removing of difficulty bonuses.

I am more likely to side with the review that talks about the reduction of racing focus than anything to do with some ugly looking trees or reflections, because as long as the game plays well and still provides the same experience the series is known for, that's all I want. :)

Regarding if it's a big enough change compared to the last one, well Forza has gotten to a point where it is its own enemy here. Increases are expected all around; be it in car list, tracks and other areas. So we end up with getting what feels like a rehash with the same models and environments being included. But here's the crux, if these were to be removed then this would also receive complaints so how can they win?

Do they trim the fat in the car list by looking to available data and statistics and bring in more modern examples to make up the numbers? Inevitably doing this will piss some off and so it's a really tricky place to be in and deal with.

We all want what WE want. And when we don't get that, we will moan and be vocal about it.

It also doesn't help matters that games are dropped on the release date and then fixed later. Where we have the devs waiting to see what their playerbase finds and the feedback they give. With the latter that can be a good thing, but it is quite annoying to feel like players are basically testing these games at times when they hit retail.

Hahaha.

I remember the golden days when the glitches of TDU were treasured, enjoyed and exploited for fun.

Not one person criticised them, we just looked forward to hanging out and laughing about them... I have some great memories hanging out with some of us old timers here in our F1 GTR's dangling off the edge of Maui. Driving around underneath the water.

And I'll never forget the good old flying glitch

Look what you've become since playing "modern" racing games. You all expect perfection and relish in picking up on minor flaws. For shame. :lol:

Still not getting Forza 7, not because of its flaws but simply because it looks too boring.

You see its funny once or twice, but look at the modern games theyre full of bugs and glitches, and is it really funny that the game bugs out in menu and forces you to restart it? Is it fun when it crashes every 30 minutes?

To me its not, I already had enough of that with FH3, and look came FM7 and what changed? Rehashed 50% from previous game added few cars, tracks, weather system, tweaked the graphic a little bit and im supposed to pay another 50$ for that?

When they dont even care enough to fix the bugs that were present in two previous games? Im sorry but im not paying for that.

Its not about hating its about value for money, its a AAA title after all, I think we have the right to expect it to be maybe not perfect but at least really good and solid and I personally just dont see that here.

They cared to put microtransactions into the game, but not to fix the bugs, that tells me enough.

It's funny though how I've been playing the game for the past four weeks and haven't noticed a single bug/error/similar. Wanna know why? Because I don't dig out the game nor the internet to exploit them. I just Play. The. Game.

I believe you still not getting the point, or what these bugs actually represent. :lol:

Anyone who actually enjoys one of the big features of Forza, which is Forzavista and graphics will sure notice spoilers being stuck in place and front wheels that doesn't turn at all. I sure would, and wouldn't need to "dig out". And i believe that use Forzavista is play the game aswell, or am i wrong?

But, with that aside, why these bugs actually matter? Because Turn10 is not a company that is new to the business. They have enough resources and capacity to do a better job. Poop, i am working in a TDU project, and i am making countless tests just to make sure nothing is bugged and everything works as they should. Some things are beyond my knowledge and personal moral to fix, Like RUF CTR tailights, which are lighting up in a wrong manner, but since that's an issue with the mod itself and i would need to unlock the files, i can't fix it. Other than that, the bug searching and fixing is a must in any game, and Turn10 apparently just didn't bother with that in Forza 7.

Attention to detail makes a difference, but if you don't care about paying a lot, for a game that didn't bother to fix these small details that would take them no more than 5 minutes, be my guest and have a blast.

Well it's ironic you try to aim that towards me, considering this thread rests on your severe anti Forza bias.

I don't understand this logic, surely if you're a forza fan you'd want the game to get better. You may not have problems playing the game but many people do, you're not gonna get anywhere by just ignoring them. If everyone just overlooked this shambles of a release like you are, turn10 wouldn't even need to respect its customers since they play whatever's being thrown down their throats. You need to be a fool not to see the immense backlash of the community not with fh2 not with fm6 not with fh3 but this game.

I honestly don't even wanna play the game anymore since it crashes so often after the latest update, I've already wasted at least an hour or two just on lost progress.

I don't see a problem with people being critical of the game and/or the direction they fear it's heading. I also understand that those playing and enjoying will feel a right to defend, but you have to realise that a lot of these criticisms being directed are valid. Just because you have no problems launching and running the game doesn't mean that those saying 'they are' are lying. It's all over the web, you can read plenty of these examples and Turn 10 have acknowledged that this is happening too and are working on fixing it.

As for the bringing up of content with an aim to only attack the game, that's a bit juvenile and should not be done. Glitches are in every game, some are rarely ever discovered or seen whereas others, like some of the above, should have been spotted and squashed before release. Like @TimBud above says, they can provide some comedy moments too but they need to be more of the non-impacting variety to do that.

At the heart of it all, as long as the game provides a decent racing experience and has enough of that which came before to keep those who enjoy that aspect happy, then the series will always do well. However, it is good to see that players are wising up to the whole thing and not being afraid to voice their discontent at the changes being brought into the series and its issues.

Commenters who haven't even played the game in question and who use only written word and other media to somehow help validate their opinion more so than those who actually do, will be looked upon lesser and rightfully so. In saying that, this doesn't mean that the player themself is completely right either as opinion is after all, subjective. But, find someone with similar interests and a play style like yourself and getting an idea of what awaits can be made clearer.

In the end it comes down to how the game appeals, works, and plays for you. And if all those are good then that's all that matters really. No?

I haven't played it and I know I won't enjoy it... The 3 year gap of not owning a console changed my gaming habits quite a lot and I'm just not into that repetitive style of gaming anymore. Plus I've grown massively sour towards any game that charges for extras (unless its a proper mission pack, not just some cars/skins/guns etc.).

I just like playing games and I wish more would do it like GTA5 with constant new content for free (well free if you're patient and can tolerate a grind)

That said, I really do miss the old days of just cruising in TDU and chatting lalalala while watching TopGear in PiP... Its a proper shame that we all grow up and move on

I'll be honest and say I'm being lazy and not reading 5 pages worth, so sorry if some of this has been picked up on before...

Is it worse then previous Forzas? It's a mixed bag for me.

Cons:

THAT day one "update", AKA Disc 2- This essentially locked the game down for me until the other day. Having no internet set up at my house meant I could't update. And When I used my parents internet to try download it it took forever, they don't have the best of internet speeds, I gave up after it got two 20%. Seeing comments on T10's Facebook its easy to see how this is a massive problem for people in other country's where internet speeds arnt up to stupidly fast speeds.

I got internet at my house finally, and it downloaded the remaining 80% in 10 minuets. Fiber is fast.

The H word, Homologation -One thing everyone loves about Forza? Having a basic Class System based on a 1- 1000 scale, so you could have a V12 Swapped Mk2 Ford Mustang with 1500Hp racing with a LMP1 car and a Ferrari. Now i can see the basic idea of it and in single player it's okay, but the system in Forza Horizon 3 worked well too better.

Menu Madness - Lets be honest, its an absolute cluster fudge.

Car(d) Collecting - Another thing what everyone loved with Forza was the fact no cars were locked, as long as you had the cash it's yours. Your now essentially told "You want that? Nah you've not gotten enough cars to get it m8". Annoying as I wanted to get a Porsche 928 quickly. (Which I could't even if i could, as it was in the day one 'update' I needed to download)

And while on the topic of cars, alot of cars that show up in the free race selection of cars you can't actually buy. I understand thet alot of them will no doubt come up in the special car section from time to time. Annoyed as I want to buy & mod a 2013 Dodge Dart. Yes im honest on that.

Pros:

It looks nicer than before: Maybe its the fact I've a newer, bigger TV, but it looks nicer and shiner than 6 & Horizon 3.

Cars actually handle: I've always found the cars in past Forzas to be too drift happy, in a very unrealistic way. "Driving along at 30mph and turn right in a clam manner? That can't be time to DRIFFFFTTTTO!". I've never had that happen to me in real life, no or off a track! So to finally be able to drive the cars and have them handle in a way that seems real makes me actually play it more.

Above all, it brings back one of the greatest cars ever to grace Forza....

OMNI's BACK

I don't see the homologation thing as something bad. Yeah, I know the good thing about Forza was racing a crap can, against a full on racer, but I'm more keen on having a proper field of LMPs, GTs, etc, than a franken-field. The class system in Horizon 3 works better because it's more like "do what you want" game. Take an F50 through the field? Sure! Drop a trophy truck off a cliff? Go ahead! Even more, I don't see the whole point of a GT3 racer in a game based on open roads, I think that was a bit of a miss, but not too bad IMO.

The car collecting "game" within the game I think it's alright. Specially because there are cars I would never buy and drive. And by doing so at least you get to discover some hidden gems on the car roster. So I think it's okay.

And yeah the menus are a bit messed up, but no pCARS1 level of mess up, I guess.

The matchmaking... Oh it's so dumb, it always connects me to races that are already happening. Specially on the new GT Endurance races (IMO the best races), the matchmaking just connects you to a race that is 1 of 20 laps... I just disconnect and reconnect in another lobby just to see that it has the race started... Ughh so annoying.