We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo Sport Demo Confirmed For October 9th

TurboDuck

[headline]Gran Turismo Sport Demo Confirmed For October 9th[/headline]

Gran-Turismo-Sport_Demo_003-800x300.jpg

A Gran Turismo Sport demo has been confirmed in a posting on the official PlayStation EU blog by Polyphony Digital President, Kazunori Yamauchi. In true GT-style, this demo is not of the typical affair. For a start it will last for only 4 days, however it will also act as a springboard to the full game as the in-game credit...

Read more on this...

I am kind of surprised but also happy to see this. They are either confident in the product that they believe it will allay fears, or that the brand is enough that this will hardly impact on sales. I hope to hear impressions from some of you on this, and make sure to pre-load this thing so that you are good to go on the day. :cool:

After what I've been reading I'm kind of not so excited by this, loved the beta and will defo play this. They're pushing online with this which i'm not so happy about.

That is the part i think the article is a bit biased. It's been said that GT Sport will have offline campaing like previous GT games. Iirc.

Yeah GT Sport is not going to be a typical Gran Turismo in the single player area at all. People are holding out that this isn't it for the campaign, as well as waiting for weather to be sprung on them, but if it hasn't been shown by now, then I think it's time to realise it ain't happening.

I've read in other places the 'campaign' is only tutorial like ish to prep you up for the multiplayer aspect. I'll wait until release to see what happening and then i'll get it .

I think they've confirmed the dynamic day/night cycle not sure about the weather.

That shows how much information you have about it. :lol: Dynamic day/night cycle is not confirmed anywhere, and sure you've read that, because that's what people got to experience in the Press Demo, which will be available for players in these 4 days. Again, DEMO... And yet the media already said that it's 100% sure the campaing will be what they have seen. Which all honesty, nobody is 100% sure.

Yeah GT Sport is not going to be a typical Gran Turismo in the single player area at all. People are holding out that this isn't it for the campaign, as well as waiting for weather to be sprung on them, but if it hasn't been shown by now, then I think it's time to realise it ain't happening.

I'd like to know from where did you get information as a fact. :lol: Because as far as i know, it's been said that GT Sport will deliver a "full Gran Turismo" experience.

And it's funny, because what has Forza shown of the offline campaing before it's release? Absolutelly nothing much other than 3 pre-selected track/car races. Talk about double-standards... :lol:

There are numerous articles stating that the day/night cycle isn't included.

“We opted to not have the transitions in the race this time in order to raise the framerate and the quality of the image during the race,” said Yamauchi. “So the user will be able to set that before they enter the race. So you’ll still be able to have night races, morning, races at dawn, dusk, and so on.”

I do indeed know my information....

I think they've confirmed the dynamic day/night cycle not sure about the weather.

What I meant here is they've confirmed it's out, I should read what I write before I post

Keep hoping @Milli. Honestly I hope you're right and they surprise us with a full campaign and dynamic weather but I would think that with 2 weeks to go until release that someone inside the global distribution network would have got us a shot of the final box art detailing what's included by now.

I also hope i am right. :lol:

But the dynamic weather is already a no, Kazunori himself said it won't be in the game, so, anyone expecting that will be frustrated. Weather is fixed, pre-selected before the race.

And again, i don't think the lack of news about it means it's not existant. Gran Turismo never showed much of the game in the previous releases, Forza also never did, and with this huge fuss about people assuming things before the release, i wouldn't show either, so the surprise effect is bigger. If i was a developer, i wouldn't show it all to the media either. Specially now, with 2 weeks to go untill release.

To remove the fears people have that the campaign is weak, maybe?

They will see in the release. :lol:

Because honestly, the driving tests, challanges and all will be available in this 4 days demo, it seems. Would be extremelly dumb to allow all the offline campaing in a freaking demo.

If I remember correctly didn't TDU/TDU2 and The Crew (to name a few) have beta releases which had all the content available :confused:

Did Forza 7 had campaing in it's demo? So why Gran Turismo must follow TDU steps to not be judged and yet Forza can do it and get away with that? Nobody ever mentioned that Forza wouldn't have campaing mode, despite it never really being said or shown anywhere else! That's where i speak about double standards.

But ok, to be fair, let's recap the Gran Turismo demos throught the years.

Gran Turismo 1 Demo - Didn't had any campaing mode.

Gran Turismo 2 Demo - Didn't had any campaing mode.

Gran Turismo 3 Demo - Didn't had any campaing mode.

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue - Had a campaing mode similar to what will be present in GT Sport Demo

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Had a campaing mode similar to what will be present in GT Sport Demo

Gran Turismo 6 Demo - GT Academy 2013 - No campaing mode what so ever.

So, really, all of sudden, Gran Turismo must change their way of doing demos because TDU did it that way? Because the media says it won't have? Because you guys want it to do it?

Yet, it's fair to remember this was Forza 7 demo, didn't had any campaing mode what so ever aswell, yet, nobody rushed to say that it was removed from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9FkFITv3w0

I wonder why, because all the reasons you guys use to justify that for GT Sport, could be easily used to put Forza 7 in the same situation.

It's not unheard of, in fact it is very common for games to show a lot of what will be available but restrict its use. :)

It is not, but as i said before, that's something Gran Turismo has never really done, why do it now?

Edit: Can i be sure that GT Sport will feature campaing mode? No... i don't know, like any of us don't know either. But i won't assume, because the media said so. The media says many wrong things and we know it.

Can you stop bringing Forza into everything?! They do actually talk about the single player mode from day one on most of those by the way. :p

You are right that there has been many a demo that never gives a taste of the campaign but we generally hear what will be there in that respect, in the run up to release. And I am sorry but official correspondence is not saying or showing anything more than what they already have.

From the official Gran Turismo site:

The Campaign mode is where you learn the skills and etiquette required for racing while having fun. By going through the 4 sections with their individual objectives, you will gradually be introduced and be enthralled by the fun of driving. Real life video tutorials are provided for the missions, allowing you to learn strategies for the more difficult challenges. Even beginner racers will learn to progress through the lessons with ease.

Find it quite funny how they refer to the content of the 'campaign' as "lessons". :lol: