We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Laconda

Good Morning :)

I just tried to get started with modding TDU (1). I thought first I should extract the JSON files. So I started tduf-1.12.0, typed this from TDUF Command Line Interpreter:

DatabaseTool unpack-all -d "C:\..." -o "C:\...\JSON\"

...but got this error message:

"Could not find the main class: fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool"

There is really much info in this Forum to find. I just cant find where to start. What should be the first steps? And what exactly went wrong when I tried to use the unpacker-Tool?

Best regards,

Laconda

Good Morning :)

I just tried to get started with modding TDU (1). I thought first I should extract the JSON files. So I started tduf-1.12.0, typed this from TDUF Command Line Interpreter:

DatabaseTool unpack-all -d "C:\..." -o "C:\...\JSON\"

...but got this error message:

"Could not find the main class: fr.tduf.cli.tools.DatabaseTool"

There is really much info in this Forum to find. I just cant find where to start. What should be the first steps? And what exactly went wrong when I tried to use the unpacker-Tool?

Best regards,

Laconda

Hi, as you just get started with all these, I don't think it's a good way to put your hands on JSON files and command lines for now.

You just have to get familiar with basics : Tools reference · djey47/tdu-cp Wiki · GitHub.

You will use following tools : TDUF Database Editor, TDUMT, TDUPE

• TDUF Database Editor allows you to change everything in database files
  • TDUMT allows to work with game textures, BNK files, and provides a basic vehicle editor. Along misc things.
  • TDUPE is a complete vehicle editor.

Have fun!

Good Morning!

Thanks to everyone for your replies! I will try starting with Tools Reference and TDUF Database Editor.

And the first thing I would try to change is the grip. On some tracks in TDU I drift like there would be ice or rain, though the streets seem steady. Even with Ferrari Enzo and "driving help" (dont know the term in english) the car always slides off track.

Can it be that there is snow or rain or ice in TDU and my system just doesnt show?

And maybe there is a mod already? For better grip of cars or the tracks edited?

Greetings, Laconda

Good Morning!

Thanks to everyone for your replies! I will try starting with Tools Reference and TDUF Database Editor.

And the first thing I would try to change is the grip. On some tracks in TDU I drift like there would be ice or rain, though the streets seem steady. Even with Ferrari Enzo and "driving help" (dont know the term in english) the car always slides off track.

Can it be that there is snow or rain or ice in TDU and my system just doesnt show?

And maybe there is a mod already? For better grip of cars or the tracks edited?

Greetings, Laconda

There is no such thing in TDU. Grip factor is exclusive to cars, and two things are most responsible for it, which is Grip value, in TDU PE and Weight distribution, also in TDU PE.

TDU uses a standard value of 1000 in Grip, which is nothing more than simple tire grip. Lowest value they used is 900, for the Corvette C1, i believe.

Now, weight distribution works as, values below 50, means your car has the weight more towards the rear, giving the rear wheels better traction. Values over 50, means your car has more weight up front, giving the front wheels more traction.

I'd suggest you to take a look at the differences between each case you're "sliding like it's on ice" and when it is not. Some cars are just way too powerful to use grip value on 1000, which can cause the "ice" effect.