We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anyone want to tell us how Gran Turismo Sport is then?

Eudemon

Pretty good. Handling feels nice and how I expect, just takes a small bit of time to get used too.

Online racing is soo much better than in any other console racer. Going the iRacing route makes it much much cleaner.

The photomode is still a little bit fiddly. Livery editor is a welcome addition finally aswell.

Thanks for your view @Loz. Are you using a controller when you play? Also if you've played the other games (Forza, Assetto, pCARS etc), how would you say the GTS handling compares to them?

And if you don't mind, could you say where it improves over the past games?

Thanks. :)

Thanks for your view @Loz. Are you using a controller when you play? Also if you've played the other games (Forza, Assetto, pCARS etc), how would you say the GTS handling compares to them?

And if you don't mind, could you say where it improves over the past games?

Thanks. :)

Works really well with a controller, if you know what you're doing you can be pretty quick with one. Car handling feels nice with them with the way the controller is set up.

Overall improvments is generally the online mode, proper racing in official servers means generally no latency. Graphics are massivley improved too, almost all the photos i've taken show essentially what the graphics actually look like while racing. It's rather pretty.

And as I mentioned, livery editor is a welcome addition over old GT games. I'd say in some respects it's better than the one in Forza. All that is needed is some additions for better placement of items like a grid or some co-ordinates/rotation info.

I didn't played it, but the way i see, old timer players, who liked the older ones will not really be pleased, as GT Sport is more focused on online racing than anything else.

I see GT Sport as more of a spinoff game like the GT Concept games, everyone knew what it would be and should have set their expectation accordingly.

Something else i'm seeing to is a rather large amount of people who didn't do basic research about the game then complain about it not having a career mode and such.

I havent played it as i dont own a PS4 but been watching Polish streamer playing it and Im really steering towards it rather than the Forza 7 i was gonna get.

The gamplay is really good theres no laggs during online races which is impressive, and I like the fact that it actually focuses on teaching you how to properly race and rewards you for doing so.

The only thing kinda holding me back is the car list, it is kinda small but didnt they say the cars are gonna be free?

I see GT Sport as more of a spinoff game like the GT Concept games, everyone knew what it would be and should have set their expectation accordingly.
Everyone who had an active look in did know but then when you have Kaz himself saying GTS is basically GT7, it makes people start to think that there must be more to it.

"Thinking about it now, yeah, we could have called it Gran Turismo 7. But it's got so many features, we wanted it to be different."

I guess everyone originally knew that GT Sport would be an off-shoot, but maybe they somehow forgot due to how long the game was delayed for - maybe they were hoping for more content to be added while issues were fixed. Hopefully this delay doesn't mean that GT-Next will be another 4 years away.

I might check eBay to see if the game is available for reasonable prices instead of their usual premium but I'm not itching to play it so can wait. Of course with waiting comes the risk of few online players, but I'm interested to see how that is sustained over time as well.

[+] actually I will probably ignore this title for now, having realised that I'd also need to resubscribe to PS Plus

It's more about what we have been told, as Diablo highlighted. Kazunori said it could be named GT7, said it would give a full "Gran Turismo Experience" and etc. That makes the fans, all fans, expect to get what they actually liked about the game, and seems that only some got, not everyone. The game does not deliver a "full gran turismo experience" to everyone, and that's a shame, really.

Sure, the game improved on some aspects, went down on others, and i won't mention the lack of content, because that can be "fixed" with future DLC's, as is more certain they will come afterwards.

The campaing mode is some-what just different, as some of these "mission challenges" require you to use your own garage car. I see what they tried to do, which is mix and add more variety to the offline, i just think they're too little and maybe too raw, an idea that might need some polishing.

But, something i can not really see why is the removal of individual part tune-up, it's been said that the reason behind the removal is the fact that new players do not have interest/care or know about it, so they removed. I don't think that justify, when you could easily add a "quick tune" option, that would do the same thing they did to upgrade cars, but if you want to be more specific about your tune, you can adventure yourself on buying the parts yourself. And that also has a big role on what is a Gran Turismo to many people.

I don't have anything against them trying to liven up the online aspect, in fact I am happy to see them do that. However let's be honest, GTS as a whole could have been a side section of a typical Gran Turismo game: Single player, Arcade, Scapes, History and then 'GT Sport' with the online aspect, missions (licences) and challenges in it.

That isn't what I was meaning @Milli, I'm not talking about splitting GT into two different games. What I am saying is that GTS looks like it could have easily been included in past titles due to what appears a fairly low amount of content and strict focus. [I]Imagine a GT Sport option in here[/I] [ATTACH]30353[/ATTACH]