We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

rims/wheels size problem

Docent

Hello,

I've added Lotus Exige S from HF Garage to my game, but I am having a little problem...

it's wheels are very big for some reason, they should look like this:

84557968.jpg

in my game however they look like this:

[ATTACH]30422[/ATTACH]

anybody know what I can do? I've already edited it's default rims to Lotus Elise Base like it should be according to Rulezzz who recommended to swap it with Lotus Exige 240r so I have no idea what's the problem

The problem is the default rim.

Try to pick a car that has a bigger rim than Elise for "Default Rim". That also might help with the tire going under the ground situation. The bigger the Default Rim, smaller your rim will be in-game. I have some that i often used for UCP.

15" - Corvette C1

16" - Ferrari 288 GTO

17" - Lexus IS350

18" - Ferrari 512 TR

19" - Audi RS4

20" - Chrysler 300C

For the Exige, i suggest either Lexus or 512 TR. Try those and see if they work.

Edit: Although, they're not that big, to be honest. Rulezzz actually made them rather too small compared to the real car. This is how i set them up.

F7eR8nk.jpg

And this is a real Exige.

lotus-exige-s-rt-7.jpg?itok=yYRmXo7G

Thanks for reply.

I know the scales I read them on your tutorial :p

I think we have similar wheels, for 512TR and C1 it looks worse for me. it's a pity because it looks too big, at least it's not very big problem.

It's just weird on Rulezzz photo it looks very good, I will try to contact him, maybe he knows how to deal with it

Thanks for reply.

I know the scales I read them on your tutorial :p

I think we have similar wheels, for 512TR and C1 it looks worse for me. it's a pity because it looks too big, at least it's not very big problem.

It's just weird on Rulezzz photo it looks very good, I will try to contact him, maybe he knows how to deal with it

Then use RS4. If it is still too big, use 300C.

Then use RS4. If it is still too big, use 300C.

The problem is that if I change rims to 300c or rs4, rims are indeed much smaller, but tire doesn't seem to change it's size and it's looking like this:

[ATTACH]30423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30424[/ATTACH]

Rims literally floating, tire doesn't change it's position at all :(

You need R18 Default Rims. If you changed the size of the 512TR rim, it won't work indeed. Find in your database a car that has 18" rims and set that one as a Default Rim.

And tires do changed their position, look how it gets more tucked inside the arches when it's using 300C Default Rims.

Edit: Sadly TDU has actual rims and Default Rims linked in the same code, this is one of the changes i am doing in TDU Platinum, i am detaching the Default Rim from the actual rim, so people can edit sizes without worry about the Default Rim being changed.

Edit²: Actually, looking at your pictures, you need a default rim that is actually R17 on front and R18 on rear.

Edit³: My Exige is this way:

Default Rim size: 175;65;16;225;65;17;

Actual Rim size: 175;35;18;225;40;19; -> Displayed on Data and size you see in-game.

Here is 17''

-img-

they are looking much better, but now wheels drowning in road...

-:lol: @ facepalm image-

:lol:

Let's try this... which car did you replace? Set the Default Rim of the car you replaced. Try edit the size of the rim on that car.

I've already tried both ace rims :P both similar issues - drowning in road....

I am not exactly sure for what I did replace Lotus, it was long time ago. In original TDU it was place of Weismann mf3, but this car is still in game so it couldn't be this one...

In TDUMT it showing me "car model:SLK, car version:Perf pack AMG, car file name: Z4"

Also I've never manually edited rims before so I don't know how to do it, do I need some other external program for this? I saw a lot of time modders included numbers for rims "175;65;16;225;65;17;" but I have no idea where I can edit it :P

... I am not exactly sure for what I did replace Lotus, it was long time ago. In original TDU it was place of Weismann mf3, but this car is still in game so it couldn't be this one ...

I just unpacked the car zip by Rulezzz and I see, originally the car to be replaced is the Lotus Sport Exige 240R.

I've already tried both ace rims :P both similar issues - drowning in road....

I am not exactly sure for what I did replace Lotus, it was long time ago. In original TDU it was place of Weismann mf3, but this car is still in game so it couldn't be this one...

In TDUMT it showing me "car model:SLK, car version:Perf pack AMG, car file name: Z4"

Also I've never manually edited rims before so I don't know how to do it, do I need some other external program for this? I saw a lot of time modders included numbers for rims "175;65;16;225;65;17;" but I have no idea where I can edit it :P

You need to edit the Rims.db, which is located inside DB.bnk

And if you can not edit it, then there is nothing you can do about the Exige wheels. And welcome to the "not so great mods" world. :lol:

The solution is open TDUF/vehiclerims/ choose the rims you replaced and changes the values, if the size17 put the tires underground you put the height to 70, then you go to TDUPE and changes the max ride height (- = wheels up) (+=wheels down) this works 100 %

The solution is open TDUF/vehiclerims/ choose the rims you replaced and changes the values, if the size17 put the tires underground you put the height to 70, then you go to TDUPE and changes the max ride height (- = wheels up) (+=wheels down) this works 100 %

Not always, max ride height has a limit. Once TDU understand the wheels are above the ground, it won't go any further up.

The thing is, Rulezz did a mod that works with the side tire wall of 65, in a 17 inch rims. That rim value is not found in original TDU.

You see, TDU "Default Rim" does not control only the rim size, but also a virtual tire size, giving an overall tire size, that works for the physics to read, but it has no link, what so ever with the visual rim/tire you are seeing in game.

It is like there are two codes that TDU reads when it is about the rims, one is the "visual" rim, and other is the Physical rim, which is the Default Rim values.

The solution for this Exige is either change the rim size of it's default rim, or create a new default rim for it. Which is what i did.

Edit: That is the majos issue with TDU, the visual and the physical are linked in the same code. So, when you mod it, it can cause a lot of incoherence in the game. A mod that requires such changes to really work out is not a really good mod. As most people won't set it correctly and will deal with this sort of issues you're having, Docent.

Edit 2: Using the method of JPTH you will also lose suspension movement. The wheels will be locked in same place, like a Hot Wheels car. The car will move like it has suspension, but once the suspension gets compressed, wheels will dive under the ground and will not move inwards the wheel arches at all.

--- Post Updated ---

aka 90% of all TDU car mods ever. Shots fired.

Mos likely. :lol: