We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How the hell is that possible?! (AAAAAHHHH! at the Drivatars)

TDUZoqqer

I mean, sure, competition is life in racing games, but I came to a point where driving races offline is just frustration level one thousand. Doesn't matter on which drivatar level I drive (I usually drive on the second best one (it's expert, I suppose? Don't know exactly), it's ALWAYS the case that the first two are absolutely GONE after half a lap. I usually start with the bonus cards on pole now, as otherwise I would always finish third in best case, but even then - today I drove the Forzathon challenge - competition in a extreme track tool. I always started first with my GT3RS, first race was through the city, where two other GT3RS were glued on my arse. Which is not that unrealistic. Second race became super retarded, an Ariel V8 overtook me in the third of four laps and finished first. Fine. Ultima, Sesto Elemento and 599XX were close behind me. Also fine. But the third race was just a joke. In the very first corner the Ariel overtook me again, but half a lap later it was gone. Totally gone. Ultima and 458 Challenge were behind me with unlimited grip so I just had to fight for second, while the Ariel was TEN SECONDS faster. TEN. SECONDS.

23557875_1615971195130101_939358887_o.jpg?oh=d59554554740bd2585083b80107a20f8&oe=5A0AFBC7

I tried the next race with an AWD ariel, which just made everything worse and I went back to the GT3.

The last race was similar. the Ariel was 8 seconds ahead again and four different cars were right behind me while the rest of the players were 3 seconds behind those.

Same case was when I drove a cross-country supercar race (forza preset theme, ugh). I had a Huracán - everything was nice on tarmac. Then the dirt roads came. And guess who overtook me - a Ferrari F12. AN F12. On dirt! HOW? I tried all the different drivatar settings and the case was the same, the only difference was that all the people behind me were a lllllot slower. But the F12 still won. Together with the Audi RS4.

I don't say I am the best driver ever, but I'm not bad, and I definitly could catch up to a 740HP RWD vehicle on dirt with an AWD.

And I do remember that the drivers were not that hard at the beginning. I mean, I'm level 260 something, so I drove quite a few races already.

Soooooooo my question is - am I the only one with such extremely annoying AI drivers in the game, am I really that bad, or is that a common thing in FH3? :oook:

At the moment I only use H3 for the auction house and for cruising, as racing is almost impossible.

Drivatars have always been terrible imho. In FH3 it's particularly annoying that whatever car you pick, the line-up drivatars ALWAYS USE THE SAME CAR, and then then kick your arse anyway. On like S1 850 yeah, I'd race Tesla's but when you pick an S2 950 that same damn Tesla appears, while you can't even tune a Tesla to over S1 893. That annoys me.

In FM7 the drivatars are on another level of stupidity. In certain cars they kick you hard on "mediocre" level, in other cars you kick them hard even at "unbeatable" level. Drivatars have bothered me ever since I got to play a Forza game which had them. It's an unrefined system, tbh. After playing FM7 for a while, possibly even gamebreaking.

Hence I've started playing FH3 online a lot now. The adventure mode is rather challenging, it requires very interesting car setups and most people take it seriously enough to have some proper racing. Offline I only play when I need to play a championship for Forzathon, or Goliath when I need money or XP.

I don't have Live so I don't play online (not really have time to do so) so I tend to play offline. But at the meanwhile I'm turning back on Horizon as it became just meh. Hope they'll abandon the Drivatar system on H4 or at least adapt them to the H2 level, as they were quite good there.

PS: To the admins who've added the subtitle to the thread, I'm gonna be more precise next time :)

For all that Forza as a series improves upon it does appear that the Drivatar aspect is an area that gets a lot said about it, usually negative. You would think with the more data and research being collected and conducted that it could only get better, however in saying that. it does emulate the styles and behaviour of real players, right? So maybe it is actually working perfectly. :cheeky:

For all that Forza as a series improves upon it does appear that the Drivatar aspect is an area that gets a lot said about it, usually negative. You would think with the more data and research being collected and conducted that it could only get better, however in saying that. it does emulate the styles and behaviour of real players, right? So maybe it is actually working perfectly. :cheeky:

Hahahaha this point is so good. I think you're very right Diabs. :lol:

As I have drivatars of people in my friendslist which never played Forza before, I doubt those people could outrun me on dirt in an AWD while have never touched the game before

• 1 month later...

I'm playing FH3 for a month now and didn't had problems like descriped above so far (thank god!). But my experience is that those driveatars are completely retarted in their drivingbehaviour. They overtake you with lightspeed, cross you line and then throw the anchor right in front you so you smash into them with full force. Or they kick you in the back or side when you are in their drivingline. They just drive like you are invisible.

I always thought the AI in The Crew is already on a never before seen level of stupidity but the driveatars in FH3 are dancing limbo under that.

you don't need to analyze it this much lol, AI in forza is scripted which means cars that ai is driving are purely there for cosmetic reasons. Their performance are determined by PI and nothing else, it doesn't matter whether they're driving a ferrari or a land rover, they're going to take a corner exactly the same way. They have rubber banding feature which increases the horsepower of the ai that is behind actor. Above pro difficulty the overall horse power of the ai is increased. Unfortunately AI has a lot of room for improvement and it is very difficult to program so they have to create workarounds like these. I mean imagine modelling driving algorithms for each car (that's more than 700) so AI wouldn't crash into a wall when driving a different car. It's not going to happen. also @Diablo drivatar is a complete marketing nonsense and nothing else. There is no way to prove the game is actually pulling data from this "cloud" base and somehow still able to adjust difficulty depending on your choice... I have drivatars of people who don't own the game so that's a pretty clear indicator to me.

drivatar is a complete marketing nonsense and nothing else. There is no way to prove the game is actually pulling data from this "cloud" base and somehow still able to adjust difficulty depending on your choice... I have drivatars of people who don't own the game so that's a pretty clear indicator to me.
It started off well enough, that Cambridge-led thing they had going in researching AI did seem to start off and progress well enough... in the 360 days anyway.

That part in bold is a strange one, I agree.