We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA Online: The Doomsday Heist - Out Dec 12th!

Eudemon

[HEADLINE]GTA Online: The Doomsday heist[/HEADLINE]

Well this is something totally unexpected! A brand new Heist for GTA Online arrives on December 12th and it is looking EPIC!! :nuts: It might also bring a close to the whole Mount Chiliad thing too, which will be amazing to see if it goes the way people are thinking.

Aliens :adance:(can imagine R* playing around with this though)

A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to un-tangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure.

It really is unreal how they have supported this game over its years. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah man that would be amazing... I've still got my 360 copy if you want me to send it to you.

Can 360 players play online with XBO?

I still play the game on my 360 mate, had it since day 1. :p And I don't believe there is cross-gen compatibility which makes sense, but is still a shame.

Complaining about free content :fp:

It's not free content. You will get content to your game, but it's useless as it's behind a bunch of paywalls which you can avoid only by massive grinding. That's not my definition of free. I rather would pay for DLC's to get something for a decent ingame value to buy instead of "look, you could have this when you buy shark cards, otherwise you need to grind".

The DLC's are not free. The download is free, but not the content. I don't have time to grind 11 hours for one plane.

You not tempted to get an XBO?

Yes indeedy but circumstances mean it isn't possible, unfortunately. :(

Complaining about free content :fp:

I understand this side and the other. I mean GTAO has been very good at hooking the whales with their prices and even getting casuals to stump up due to their pricing of items but it's hard to disagree with this approach when they deliver so much for nothing. I know "nothing" isn't really true and that time is precious to many, but if the items can be acquired through normal play even if it's like 10+ hours for a main item, then honestly I don't really see harm in that.

If everything was available straight away, things would get boring in my opinion.

It's not free content. You will get content to your game, but it's useless as it's behind a bunch of paywalls which you can avoid only by massive grinding. That's not my definition of free.

The DLC's are not free. The download is free, but not the content. I don't have time to grind 11 hours for one plane.

This is exactly why microtransactions should be there. It shouldn't be done in such a way as to push everyone towards forking out real money in order to get the content they want but at the same time there needs to be a balance to make the need to actually play the game have to be done.

I have better stuff than to grind while dealing with randoms who only make it worse.

We all started out as randoms at some point. Also it's obvious people have found their own ways to tackle certain missions and heists meaning you might see their way compared to yours as wrong.

To me the aircraft and military vehicles seem well priced, it's the cars and customisation stuff that is where they appear to gouge.

It's not free content. You will get content to your game, but it's useless as it's behind a bunch of paywalls which you can avoid only by massive grinding. That's not my definition of free. I rather would pay for DLC's to get something for a decent ingame value to buy instead of "look, you could have this when you buy shark cards, otherwise you need to grind".

They are free, you dont pay anything, and theyre not forcing you to grind it all out. I personally play the game mostly for cars, so I don't really care about all the other crap theey added, dont get Me wrong id love to try all of it but its really not worth grinding that much or spending real money for a vehicle, that mostly likely will be fun for few hours and then probably never used again.

I have better stuff than to grind while dealing with randoms who only make it worse.

Doing anything with randoms in GTA:O is a waste of time, if You don't have a pack of friends or crew don't bother.

all these people complaining about grinding, I've made 2.5 mil just playing yesteday for 2 sessions, I think people really got used to stuff getting handed over to them with these new games they just want everything anytime. There are sales and sale bonuses all the time, made over 10 mil on the bunker sale bonus week, not to mention I got the bunker in the first place when it was on sale for half price. You just have to play smart and not buy another set of bulletproof tires for the car you barely drive.

When you have time, check the video about my point. I understand that people want to make money, but I still think 4 million for a "regular" car ingame which isn't any better than the others is scammy.

And of course - nobody FORCES me to pay, nor anyone forces me to grind or to play with the items - but I want those Items to play with, as they look fun to play with. And I don't play online on such a regular basis just to meet up friends which make a stupid job for me I have done 20 times.

It was working in 2013-2014 as the game still was interesting to me and my friends, but now it's just boring, mission wise. I understand why so many stopped playing. I also play on irregular basis that it just isn't worth to meetup with anyone to play. Don't get me wrong, I have 1200+ hours playtime on Online so I know what I am talking about.

And yes I do complain about grinding. Because it isn't anything not to be pissed about. I don't want to make one mission over and over and over just because it gives the most cash. Like said, I don't have anything about people wanting to make money, but I'd perfer they did that in a way which is less scammy. I would pay for DLC's when they are balanced. The "free" ones are not.

At the end of the day - it is a game. A game supposed to be fun. Grinding isn't fun. So this game isn't good (anymore). So easy that is. My opinion.

The grind argument could've been made a year ago but not anymore. There is just so much to do I never find myself doing the same thing twice in a day. I don't even have the hangar and facilities yet which unlocks more jobs. Waiting for sale on those even though I have 12 mil in the bank. This is sort of the point on smart play. I also encourage anyone who doesn't want to deal with pvp while doing sales and resupplies to join the cartel crew. Everyone helps each other out with their sales and no pvp sessions so it's a win win