We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

1 hour ago, DJayAftermath said:

Might be a little off topic here but is Project Paradise server still up? I'm stucked at the "Connecting to TestDrive server". I dont think I have a Gamespy account but I filled the form anyway and it stuck there.

Did you installed TDU before trying to run TDU Platinum? 

I haven't tried it with a wheel yet, but the new physics are pretty great with a keyboard. Definitely better than UCP. I'll see if I get a chance to plug in the wheel one of these days to see how that plays. 

Also, what you've done with the domes is something I've been thinking about for a very long time, but never got around to trying out. If I get some time, I may capitalise and do something similar, would prevent a lot of the issues I'm currently dealing with in terms of the sky at least. 😄

3 minutes ago, kristiannn said:

I haven't tried it with a wheel yet, but the new physics are pretty great with a keyboard. Definitely better than UCP. I'll see if I get a chance to plug in the wheel one of these days to see how that plays. 

Also, what you've done with the domes is something I've been thinking about for a very long time, but never got around to trying out. If I get some time, I may capitalise and do something similar, would prevent a lot of the issues I'm currently dealing with in terms of the sky at least. 😄

That's great to hear, as i did 0 testing on a keyboard, all the physics have been developed using my DS3 controller, so, i'd say it is much more complete if you can modulate your throttle and steering input. 😅

And the domes are not much of a big deal, photoshop, and .dds files, in the ARGB8888 format, if i am not wrong. With no mipmaps. By the way, the issues with the sky is in Platinum, or your own personal project? 

1 minute ago, Tadpole said:

So, looking at the files, I have to replace more than just stuff in the /Euro/Bnk folder. Why is that? Did you have to modify the game executable?

Yes and no. The game executable is a no-cd launcher that i have. I decided to send together, because it seemed to fix some issues that people had in UCP. 

And the folder Euro/Radio has the new songs for the radio stations.

2 minutes ago, Milli said:

Yes and no. The game executable is a no-cd launcher that i have. I decided to send together, because it seemed to fix some issues that people had in UCP. 

And the folder Euro/Radio has the new songs for the radio stations.

Ahhh, I see. What about the other files in the main directory, though? Like the d3d9.dll and such?

1 minute ago, Tadpole said:

Ahhh, I see. What about the other files in the main directory, though? Like the d3d9.dll and such?

That's necessary for Project Paradise. If you already have it all working, it's not necessary. 

Remember, i tried to make it as easy as possible for people to install, without require the install of patch 1.68b, install of Project Paradise, install of this, of that. It has all included, so, might there be redundant files for those who were running UCP and Project Paradise already. Lol 

2 minutes ago, Milli said:

That's necessary for Project Paradise. If you already have it all working, it's not necessary. 

Remember, i tried to make it as easy as possible for people to install, without require the install of patch 1.68b, install of Project Paradise, install of this, of that. It has all included, so, might there be redundant files for those who were running UCP and Project Paradise already. Lol 

Ooooh, that makes sense. I already have all that installed, so I was afraid I'd have to modify all that again, haha

Just now, Tadpole said:

Ooooh, that makes sense. I already have all that installed, so I was afraid I'd have to modify all that again, haha

😂😂😂😂

Nah, if you replace it all, it should run it all already, that was my goal, the only step necessary before the install of Platinum, is the install of TDU.  Because with UCP, i noticed that a lot of people had a real hard time with the steps it required. So i tried to simplify. I almost uploaded the whole game, but Diablo told me that could generate a legal problem, so, i uploaded almost all of it, in order to still require a TDU install. 

50 minutes ago, Milli said:

That's great to hear, as i did 0 testing on a keyboard, all the physics have been developed using my DS3 controller, so, i'd say it is much more complete if you can modulate your throttle and steering input. 😅

And the domes are not much of a big deal, photoshop, and .dds files, in the ARGB8888 format, if i am not wrong. With no mipmaps. By the way, the issues with the sky is in Platinum, or your own personal project? 

Nah, not your project. I just have issues because the domes are usually specific colors which are very hard to manipulate. For instance, if you want a purple sky with some orange at the bottom, you can't do that. That's because to make a purple sky, you remove a lot of green and red. And when you remove the red color, the orange part disappears. I thought of doing it like you did, but never got around to it. I'll try to see if I can make some better looking combinations this way, tbh it should open up a lot of opportunities. 😄 

And yeah, so far I love how the cars handle. Great job! 😊😊

4 minutes ago, kristiannn said:

Nah, not your project. I just have issues because the domes are usually specific colors which are very hard to manipulate. For instance, if you want a purple sky with some orange at the bottom, you can't do that. That's because to make a purple sky, you remove a lot of green and red. And when you remove the red color, the orange part disappears. I thought of doing it like you did, but never got around to it. I'll try to see if I can make some better looking combinations this way, tbh it should open up a lot of opportunities. 😄 

And yeah, so far I love how the cars handle. Great job! 😊😊

Ah i see what you mean. Well, i actually used the brush tool in photoshop, so, i painted it from 0, basically, instead of change the color channels. Gives you a lot more freedom for transitions and color possibilities. 😂

And thanks! I am really glad that you guys are enjoying it so far. ☺️

Guest zealot

Great work, thank you. There's a file called enbseries.ini in the main folder that i don't recall seeing before. Is this meant to allow fine tuning the visual aspects of the game?

1 minute ago, Guest zealot said:

Great work, thank you. There's a file called enbseries.ini in the main folder that i don't recall seeing before. Is this meant to allow fine tuning the visual aspects of the game?

That actually doesn't work. To make it work you must sacrifice the online feature, as both of them use the d3d9.dll.  I did a testing and forgot to remove it. Sorry. Lol

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21