We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

57 minutes ago, axxor said:

I've noticed an issue that I'm having some trouble with. During gameplay my game will sometimes suffer awful framerate drops and eventually crash. I've read on the comments of the installation video on YT that this is due to not having Patch 1.66 and the Megapack. I installed a clean copy of the game with no patches and nothing else, and copied/overwrote everything with the Platinum files. Am I missing a step here?

I installed the mod aver a complete copy of TDU, with 1.66 patch and megapack. I still suffer of this problem, for now only when I drive the Skyline R32. If I use my starter car (a Toyota GT86, so another modded car), the problem doesn't present itself.

15 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

Framerate issues may be ram issues in some cases. I usually never get frame drops, but it'll happen if I have a browser open and its ram usage bloats up over time. So, try closing all nonessential apps if you get hit with drops, especially if everything is fine for awhile and then the drops start occurring later on.

I have 8 GB of ram, and I don't run any RAM heavy application in the background. 

8 GB should be more than enough for a 2006 game, but I will try to monitor RAM usage next time, even if it's strange that the drops is sudden, heavy, and unavoidable lead to crashing. 

PS: If the executable of the game is 32 bit, then it will never use more than 2GB... Maybe I need to try a 4GB patch on it, and check if it still works.

EDIT: I've noticed now the 1.03 mod update. I'll try it.

Edited by Mondodimotori

46 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

Framerate issues may be ram issues in some cases. I usually never get frame drops, but it'll happen if I have a browser open and its ram usage bloats up over time. So, try closing all nonessential apps if you get hit with drops, especially if everything is fine for awhile and then the drops start occurring later on.

I have tried this before and to no avail. I have 16gb of DDR4 memory with a Ryzen 5 CPU for reference. Is there any way to optimise performance for my system? I'm using Windows 10 so considering the games age I'm sure part of the problem could just be compatibility.

12 minutes ago, axxor said:

I have tried this before and to no avail. I have 16gb of DDR4 memory with a Ryzen 5 CPU for reference. Is there any way to optimise performance for my system? I'm using Windows 10 so considering the games age I'm sure part of the problem could just be compatibility.

The problem seems to present itself only with some cars. To me, it only occurred (so far) with the Skyline R32. What about you?

2 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

The problem seems to present itself only with some cars. To me, it only occurred (so far) with the Skyline R32. What about you?

I have been noticing it with multiple cars, none in particular, and at all times. I was doing a vehicle delivery mission once and it occurred, as if a traffic car model spawned in that broke the game. I also had it occur when another player (an actual player, not AI) drove by me, and their car had all kinds of missing texture files which tanked my frame rate and eventually crashed the game. It would make sense to me that I am missing a file or files that is necessary to avoid this.

1 hour ago, axxor said:

I have been noticing it with multiple cars, none in particular, and at all times. I was doing a vehicle delivery mission once and it occurred, as if a traffic car model spawned in that broke the game. I also had it occur when another player (an actual player, not AI) drove by me, and their car had all kinds of missing texture files which tanked my frame rate and eventually crashed the game. It would make sense to me that I am missing a file or files that is necessary to avoid this.

I'll investigate it more. For now, I'm about to trying after re-installig the whole mod with the update 1.03. I'll also try to monitor the RAM usage.

Try going around in offline mode with a Toyota GT86, I didn't had any problem as long as I used that car. When passing to an E class car, the Skyline, the problem only appeared with it. I started a new game, so I didn't try lots of cars, at least not for the time needed to the bug to present itself (something around 15-20 minutes of gameplay).

UPDATE EDIT:

Ok, I tried monitoring all the components on my PC while playing with MSI Afterburner. It's not a RAM related problem. When I start the game, I have already 5 GB used out of the 8 I have, and the game crashed around 20-25 minutes after the beginning, always with the Skyline. 

The drop arrived when 6.2 GB of RAM where used, meaning I still had almost 2 GB free, and the game took only 1 GB to function.

What I did notice is the GPU usage, dropping from the 99% of normal gameplay, to even 20% during the drop. 

Tomorrow I will try the same thing but with the Toyota GT86, that never caused any issue with the game. I will also try some other GPU intensive games, to exclude the possibility of an hardware fault.

Edited by Mondodimotori

Very interesting Mondodimotori, thank you for sharing. I tried driving around with a different car for a half hour and did not have an issue. I was originally in one of the tuned versions of the AE86 Toyota. The vehicle delivery mission I mentioned was on the west coast of the island with the Plymouth Superbird. I'll try it again tonight with some different cars and see if any of them recreate the problem reliably.

7 hours ago, axxor said:

Very interesting Mondodimotori, thank you for sharing. I tried driving around with a different car for a half hour and did not have an issue. I was originally in one of the tuned versions of the AE86 Toyota. The vehicle delivery mission I mentioned was on the west coast of the island with the Plymouth Superbird. I'll try it again tonight with some different cars and see if any of them recreate the problem reliably.

I also had the problem the first time I visited the tuning shop with the R32, so I initially thought it was caused by it, but then I remembered that I tuned the GT86 almost immediately, and never had a problem. 

So I'm pretty confident that the problem is related to some cars. How many I don't know, but we will have to wait for @Milli to answer us, since I'm not a modding expert, expecially on TDU.

Hey guy's , I have a problem,changing key binds in the settings from default doesn't allow me to start the car, for Example I change the arrow key's to WASD,the car won't start (except if I teleport to a race,the car starts and moves with no problem) in free roam, I tried keeping the UP arrow to accelerate with everything else changed (left to A and right to D and S to brake) but the car just won't start,it has to be on default settings to accelerate. The thing is the custom key binds works in race's but not in free roam,i.e acceleration works in race fine but free roam only A and D works. It's been a while since I played TDU 1, VSYNC is on aswell as I make sure I change the key binds I'm replacing with has another key associated with.

TDU is 1.66A no other mods applied.

PC : i5-3230m ,8 GB RAM,1 TB HDD, GT740M 1 GB, Windows 8.1 Pro

No other applications are running than Discord and Steam (tried turning them off,still same issue).

Thank You in advance.

Edited by RevoGz
Info about PC

2 minutes ago, RevoGz said:

Hey guy's , I have a problem,changing key binds in the settings from default doesn't allow me to start the car, for Example I change the arrow key's to WASD,the car won't start (except if I teleport to a race,the car starts and moves with no problem) in free roam, I tried keeping the UP arrow to accelerate with everything else changed (left to A and right to D and S to brake) but the car just won't start,it has to be on default settings to accelerate. The thing is the custom key binds works in race's but not in free roam,i.e acceleration works in race fine but free roam only A and D works. It's been a while since I played TDU 1, VSYNC is on aswell as I make sure I change the key binds I'm replacing with has another key associated with.

TDU is 1.66A no other mods applied.

Thank You in advance.

The game has a dedicated key to start the car. In the option menu it should be called "play" or "start". 

Basically, you always need to manually start the car when entering free roam or an event. Go find the option and bind it to a key different from "accelerate".

This isn't even a mod related problem, maybe we should keep this thread to just related stuff and problems. And I'm a newby too, I shouldn't be telling you this.

1 minute ago, Mondodimotori said:

The game has a dedicated key to start the car. In the option menu it should be called "play" or "start". 

Basically, you always need to manually start the car when entering free roam or an event. Go find the option and bind it to a key different from "accelerate".

This isn't even a mod related problem, maybe we should keep this thread to just related stuff and problems. And I'm a newby too, I shouldn't be telling you this.

Apologies,I'm confused a little bit, English isn't my first language, so I misinterpretted the discussion of frame drops as a help cord. Sorry. I will also try out your solution.

6 minutes ago, Mondodimotori said:

Thank You,it has solved my issue, apologies again,it has been a while since I played TD games.Sorry everyone.

30 minutes ago, RevoGz said:

Apologies,I'm confused a little bit, English isn't my first language, so I misinterpretted the discussion of frame drops as a help cord. Sorry. I will also try out your solution.

Yeah, we are discussing only stuff and problems mod related (hence the title of the thread)

26 minutes ago, RevoGz said:

Thank You,it has solved my issue, apologies again,it has been a while since I played TD games.Sorry everyone.

Glad I could be helpfull. Enjoy. ✌️

20 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

guys, i have very similar issue with you, I already posted about it on page 27. Here are my findings.

For now i had lags only in 2 car delivery missions - with Pontiac Firebird and with Toyota Trueno. I didn't have any problems in free roam or in other missions and races for now.  

6 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

Then my brain started to working. What if the executable can't use more than 1 GB of RAM? That would explain the drop, since the lock on RAM usage would bottleneck the GPU, getting it to perform only 20% of its power.

So I used the legendary (in the rFactor community, at leat) "4 GB Patch". A patch that modify any executable to work without RAM restrictions.

And it worked.

The patch did not comprimised the executable, and I was able to play for an hour straight with my R32, even surpassing that 1 GB mark, and then switching to the AE86 Trueno. No problems, no FPS drops, no nothing. And the game even start being less "hungry" for RAM when it surpass the 1 GB mark, assesting itself around 1.2/1.4 GB of total RAM usage

So that's what made the AE86 mission lag? GODDAMNIT, this shit should be on first post and stickied or something.

7 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

Then my brain started to working. What if the executable can't use more than 1 GB of RAM? That would explain the drop, since the lock on RAM usage would bottleneck the GPU, getting it to perform only 20% of its power.

So I used the legendary (in the rFactor community, at leat) "4 GB Patch". A patch that modify any executable to work without RAM restrictions. 

And it worked.

The patch did not comprimised the executable, and I was able to play for an hour straight with my R32, even surpassing that 1 GB mark, and then switching to the AE86 Trueno. No problems, no FPS drops, no nothing. And the game even start being less "hungry" for RAM when it surpass the 1 GB mark, assesting itself around 1.2/1.4 GB of total RAM usage.

Someone should give me a little medal for all this testing...

About the "4 GB Patch", you should be able to find it youself on the net. If not, I ask permission to an administrator to post it in this thread, since it could be usefull to more people, and would increment the amount of testing on it, to see if it actually work flawlessly, or my 1 hr run without problems was just dumb luck.

Jesus christ, thank you so much dude, this patch worked for me too 😄

I was so confused about that huge FPS drops/crashes, finally this issue was gone.

https://ntcore.com/files/4gb_patch.zip - if someone also have the same issue, use this link 😉

Edited by Grondzel

7 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

Well, I don't want to make big proclaims, but there is a very good possibility that I solved the issue.

Today, after work, I did some more test. A 25 minutes run with the GT86, a car that never presented any problem before. And, after 25 minutes of gameplay, the RAM usage of the game was around 400 mb. No problems whatsoever.

Then I did a second test. I rebooted the game, and switched to the Skyline R32. The first 10 minutes of gameplay went on smooth, with the RAM usage around 300-400 mb. But then, suddenly, the game started eating RAM. 100 mb every 2 minutes, till it reached around 1 GB  of total usage at the 25 minutes mark. And then the FPS tanked. Just like yesterday. The GPu went to 99% of total usage to 20%.

And it worked.

The patch did not comprimised the executable, and I was able to play for an hour straight with my R32, even surpassing that 1 GB mark, and then switching to the AE86 Trueno. No problems, no FPS drops, no nothing. And the game even start being less "hungry" for RAM when it surpass the 1 GB mark, assesting itself around 1.2/1.4 GB of total RAM usage.

Someone should give me a little medal for all this testing...

About the "4 GB Patch", you should be able to find it youself on the net. If not, I ask permission to an administrator to post it in this thread, since it could be usefull to more people, and would increment the amount of testing on it, to see if it actually work flawlessly, or my 1 hr run without problems was just dumb luck.

Dude! That's why we need smart people on the forums! 

I mean, i knew that some cars caused that glitch, and that is a problem of a not very well optimized mod, usually a mistake made by the modder of the car. But i never knew how to fix, other than using another model or car. 

What you found is not a solution, but it will do, untill we don't get new mods to replace the "ram hungry" ones. 

Thank you very much. And you can feel free to post a new thread in the TDU modding section about it though. 

Hi everyone! I have a problem with  white colors in game. I already asked for help on this forum discord server but no one knew how to fix this. White color is too bright.I tried turning on/off hdr but it didn't helped.  I think its problem with bloom in enb config file but i don't know what to change in it .Thanks in advance!

e.PNG

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21