We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hello. It's me again! I almost got the '72 Gran Torino working to replace the Custom car 1. BUT when I try to change the perf of the car with TDUpe, the game don't even load (change my screen's setting as if it's starting, then, just change the setting back) and crash. The TDUpe I use is the one given within the Platinum patch (V2.77). I tried to find what's the problem here (on other pages of the forum), but all that I find has link to pages that "don't" exist, since this place went thru a complete overhaul like 1-2 year ago.

So, if someone could help me learning what I'm doing wrong. I'd appreciate it. Thx.

Edited by RsZ28

Does anyone know how to make the "map" screen work properly with an xb con?

I have 2 issues. 

1)I cant warp or set a GPS marker with the controller at all... Ive bound near every control... I dont wanna use the mouse for this.

2) I get drift with the moving the cursor when I bind this to the mouse, the stick is centring, both cons I tried and no other game exhibits the drift. 

32 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Does anyone know how to make the "map" screen work properly with an xb con?

I have 2 issues. 

1)I cant warp or set a GPS marker with the controller at all... Ive bound near every control... I dont wanna use the mouse for this.

2) I get drift with the moving the cursor when I bind this to the mouse, the stick is centring, both cons I tried and no other game exhibits the drift. 

1) Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to bind all map controls to a controller. A few of the needed functions are not in the keybindings menu. Map zoom, setting a GPS marker, and warping are not enabled to a controller by default and are not listed in the Map tab of the keybindings screen. Warping is possible with controller, as you can set the "Confirm" binding for all menus to a controller button. While you can also set Option 1-4 bindings (the auxiliary menu options; blue, yellow, ect) it seems none of them are tied to anything in the map except Option 1, which will toggle the filter screen.

2) From what I can tell, the drift is because the map screen is hyper sensitive to axis input. TDU does have a very small axis deadzone when driving, but it seems that does nto apply to the map screen. So any constant input axis (like a controller) will drift unless you use external software to increase the driver deadzone of the controller. Further, you do not need to bind anything in the Map screen to the mouse. They are hard coded to the mouse and if left [Unbound] they will work normally with a mouse.

Sorry I'm not much help, but hopefully I answered your questions. If I'm wrong about anything here I apologize.

Edited by BlakeBelladonna
infos

3 minutes ago, BlakeBelladonna said:

1) Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to bind all map controls to a controller. A few of the needed functions are not in the keybindings menu. Map zoom, setting a GPS marker, and warping are not enabled to a controller by default and are not listed in the Map tab of the keybindings screen. Warping is possible with controller, as you can set the "Confirm" binding for all menus to a controller button. While you can also set Option 1-4 bindings (the auxiliary menu options; blue, yellow, ect) it seems none of them are tied to anything in the map except Option 1, which will toggle the filter screen.

2) From what I can tell, the drift is because the map screen is hyper sensitive to axis input. TDU does have a very small axis deadzone when driving, but it seems that does nto apply to the map screen. So any constant input axis (like a controller) will drift unless you use external software to increase the driver deadzone of the controller. Further, you do not need to bind anything in the Map screen to the mouse. They are hard coded to the mouse and if left [Unbound] they will work normally with a mouse.

Sorry I'm not much help, but hopefully I answered your questions. If I'm wrong about anything here I apologize.

Nah its cool you actually were a help in you made me reaslize I just have to deal with it unless there is a hacky way to go about it.

So infurating since these issues were never on the xb360 version

Just now, Nexxus said:

Nah its cool you actually were a help in you made me reaslize I just have to deal with it unless there is a hacky way to go about it.

So infurating since these issues were never on the xb360 version

There may be a way to make those bindings visible, or edit them externally. I'm still pretty new to TDU modding and haven't a clue about how it stores and saves that info.

The reason is that the X360 version was basically a different game that used (mostly) the same assets. All of the menus where edited or tossed completely on the console versions and most of the controls where hard coded to allow for the limited inputs. Visually they are very similar, but the menus are coded differently on PC.

4 minutes ago, BlakeBelladonna said:

There may be a way to make those bindings visible, or edit them externally. I'm still pretty new to TDU modding and haven't a clue about how it stores and saves that info.

The reason is that the X360 version was basically a different game that used (mostly) the same assets. All of the menus where edited or tossed completely on the console versions and most of the controls where hard coded to allow for the limited inputs. Visually they are very similar, but the menus are coded differently on PC.

Really? Im shocked they are so far apart, I recall them driving pretty damn similar (I have played a non modded PC one years ago)

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Really? Im shocked they are so far apart, I recall them driving pretty damn similar (I have played a non modded PC one years ago)

The only real difference is some cars on Xbox that aren't on PC or PS, and the way menus work. At least from what I know.

Edit; lets not derail Milli's thread too much now. 😉

Edited by BlakeBelladonna

@Milli Have I said my thanks to you yet? If no, let me say it.

You, along with the other modders that contributed to the project, have done something that I thought was never going to be possible: You've all made Test Drive Unlimited relevant again. So everyone gets my thanks for it.

I would really love to participate in a full 8-man cruise with you guys one of these days...

5 小時前, RsZ28說:

Hello. It's me again! I almost got the '72 Gran Torino working to replace the Custom car 1. BUT when I try to change the perf of the car with TDUpe, the game don't even load (change my screen's setting as if it's starting, then, just change the setting back) and crash. The TDUpe I use is the one given within the Platinum patch (V2.77). I tried to find what's the problem here (on other pages of the forum), but all that I find has link to pages that "don't" exist, since this place went thru a complete overhaul like 1-2 year ago.

So, if someone could help me learning what I'm doing wrong. I'd appreciate it. Thx.

You need to change the item in carphysics file everytime you make a change in tdupe. The detailed tutorial is already on the first page

Hey, already racked up a few hours since starting on Friday so figured I should create an account and say thanks!

Seriously the sheer variety of cars in this is fantastic, also mad props for adding the LFA Nürburgring, love that car.

On a side note, are there any money trainers or cheat engines kicking around? (apologies if this should be asked here)

10 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

TDUPE doesn't work with Platinium. Or it kinda works but it's a complicated process to use it with Platinium as Milli said somewhere. 

Use TDUF 1.12 Database Editor instead and go to the "TDUPE inspired" section. Works like a charm when you import a tdupk physic file or change the values. You'll find TDUF in your extracted TDU Platinium folder in "TDU Platinium Toolkit".

Brilliant tool TDUF ! I strongly recommend anyone who want to mod cars to use it. Just take less than 5 mins to understand how to use it. Of course before making any modifications, MAKE BACKUPS OF THE BNK FILES AND THE DATABASE !

Just to let know anyone: One car in the game equals one line of values in the database. So each values correspond to something. The database works like that: One value = One name or One value = Hp for exemple. So if you want to create a name like "A10" for Ascari, you can create a name and TDUF will automatically create an associated number to go with the name you create. 

Check out my old tutorial to understand how TDU's database works. But do not create a new car slot cause my tutorial is outdated and have a few problems. I might remake a tutorial video or write a guide in turboduck's wiki.

1 hour ago, scr89 said:

Hi again !

Is there any option of solve this problem?

1558870313738801525734056995147.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ztryka531 said:

adjusting the cockpit view in-game options probably helps

No adjust the IK in TDU Modding Tools or TDUF to "Shelby Daytona". I Or ingame just press one of the F4 to F8 key to remove the driver. 

Edited by Tob-Racer

2 hours ago, Tob-Racer said:

TDUPE doesn't work with Platinium. Or it kinda works but it's a complicated process to use it with Platinium as Milli said somewhere. 

Use TDUF 1.12 Database Editor instead and go to the "TDUPE inspired" section. Works like a charm when you import a tdupk physic file or change the values. You'll find TDUF in your extracted TDU Platinium folder in "TDU Platinium Toolkit".

Brilliant tool TDUF ! I strongly recommend anyone who want to mod cars to use it. Just take less than 5 mins to understand how to use it. Of course before making any modifications, MAKE BACKUPS OF THE BNK FILES AND THE DATABASE !

Just to let know anyone: One car in the game equals one line of values in the database. So each values correspond to something. The database works like that: One value = One name or One value = Hp for exemple. So if you want to create a name like "A10" for Ascari, you can create a name and TDUF will automatically create an associated number to go with the name you create. 

Check out my old tutorial to understand how TDU's database works. But do not create a new car slot cause my tutorial is outdated and have a few problems. I might remake a tutorial video or write a guide in turboduck's wiki.

No adjust the IK in TDU Modding Tools or TDUF to "Shelby Daytona". I Or ingame just press one of the F4 to F8 key to remove the driver. 

Thx. I'm gonna try this ASAP. ^^

So for anyone who is like me annoyed with the lack of controller support in the map screen you can try running the TDU Paradise launcher though steam and using steams controller config to make your right stick look like a mouse to the game (may need to tinker with the dead zone) Dunno what you would do for left and tright click mind you but you may be able to work something out.

I'm myself using a steam con with the paddles on the back. Hope this helps someone though.

If you use a steam con when I can I am gonna uplkoad my controller config, just add the launcher to steam and name it "Test Drive Unlimited" and I think it'll pop up.

Edited by Nexxus

When I enter a bike race, it ends up with a black screen.

Does anyone have the same issue or is it just me?(I have modded some cars, but not the bike)

edit: That's my problem editing the database, problem solved after restored the database

Edited by brianjai
problem solved

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21