We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, Milli said:

Ever tried to click on the "+" in that list window? Then add a number and a name? Lol Maybe?

The system automatically creates a number, so just go to the blank space and add the name you want. I have been doing it since you, Milli, released this wonderfull work...

On 8/24/2019 at 1:04 AM, ozcan said:

@Djey I know tdu 2 physic are crap but please make mod for this game not only tdu 1 please... not only car, gameplay, map mod etc...

<sarcasm>

Oh yeah, and I'll add working online mode with all features and proper physics (copy/pasted from TDU) as well.

</sarcasm>

No, sorry. I'm sure others could make it, might happen some day if game's really worth it. I made some BNK tools ages ago, now taking a long rest from TDU2.

10 hours ago, fhqwhgads said:

How so? It works fine for me and many others. Make sure you forward the correct port as described in My Documents/Test Drive Unlimited/upnp.txt

Even after doing that, and checking if the port was open and making the game .exe allowed in the firewall configs, if I try to go online, my game still gets stuck in the menus with that "Connecting to TDU Online Servers" message.

Edited by MobiusQuiza

3 hours ago, MobiusQuiza said:

Even after doing that, and checking if the port was open and making the game .exe allowed in the firewall configs, if I try to go online, my game still gets stuck in the menus with that "Connecting to TDU Online Servers" message.

Try this method:

On 8/2/2019 at 2:27 PM, juniorkniss said:

For those who are having trouble FREEZING the screen to create the ONLINE PROFILE when marking GAMESPY the solution to my problem was as follows:

When installing the game TDU + Platinum Pack + update, when starting the game and trying to create the online profile by marking gamespy, my screen froze and it was not possible to create the profile onlone, I installed a VPN on my computer (VPN Betternet) I deleted the save game in the Documents directory, I started the installed VPN and started the TDU, thus creating the online profile without freezing.
 After doing the game prologue by renting the first car, buying the first house and running the first race, I closed the game, disconnected the VPN and was able to play online without the VPN being started.

VPN link used:
https://www.betternet.co/

The game may also have missing C ++ 2015/2017/2019 installed, I do not know why, but this problem occurred with my nephew, his computer was not installed C ++, and after being installed, the game worked.

C ++ Link Used:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

and

https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/all-in-one-runtimes/

I hope it works for everyone

Credit to My Friend Rodrigo Dorrigone who did most of his work on both machines.

1.PNG

1 hour ago, Mladjou said:

When i play online, it lags like a hell. FPS is excellent, everything works fine but players are always lagging. Sometimes happens to see the players run so smooth but its rare, even my friend lags who is half a mile distanced from my house. PLS any help?

Have you opened your ports? Take a look at TDU port forwarding.  Although, even when you do it, it's not guarantee that everyone will have a good connection.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:25 AM, fhqwhgads said:

How so? It works fine for me and many others. Make sure you forward the correct port as described in My Documents/Test Drive Unlimited/upnp.txt

Game started at: 08/27/19 10:47:21 Pacific Daylight Time
    upnpDiscover() found UPnP devices on network
    valid gateway device found
    port 8889 successfully opened, no manual action needed

4 hours ago, LonelyDarknesss said:

see? he have the same problem with me

And as i told you, it's not the game. It's your connection.  Have your ports open will NOT make you connect with people 100% of the time. Because they also need to open their ports. But open them will sure help you to connect with other people who also opened their ports.  TDU works on a peer-to-peer connection.

Keep in mind too that Internet routers have components similar to your PC - i.e. they have a processor, RAM, storage, etc.  Some old or cheap routers may not have enough processing power for example to handle multiplayer gaming well enough - especially racing games.   Non-driving multiplayer games where you move a lot slower may not reveal this inadequacy as much.  Many games often predict where players will be as well to avoid lag as well - some games do this better than others.

Consider if you are driving at 300 KP/H (180mph) with 5 other player cars nearby.  You are all moving so fast across the game world and so you need to send and receive positional updates so often and so quickly between yourselves to avoid lagging.  Some routers (especially ones given to you by your Internet Service Provider) just can't handle this workload and were only designed for basic web surfing.

If you were instead to invest in a 'gaming router' that supports your Internet connection you may notice a dramatic improvement in your online experience for this and other driving games.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21