We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hi

I downloaded and installed TDU Platinum for first time. I have original TDU with MegaPack on Win 10. I installed TDU via Vista Patch, then MegaPack, patch for MegaPack, and then TDU Platinum. I also added HD Unlimited textures. Game was working fine for 2 days. I think I did 80 km in game. Then on third day game I do not know why appears to be broken. TDU is not starting, or if it starts I can select Continue Game I have white screen when my avatar and house should be. When I choose option to get out from house my car is stuck in "matrix". Floating in air, no textures, and keys are not responding(I can move head of my avatar with mouse). Did anyone get such bugs? Why game is broken when I did nothing like editing files just gaming?

Hi, I'm having issues with platinum everything installed fine and correctly. But I'm having an issue when I load up the game and the car is just floating and there are no buildings or anything, I can  see the map and gps and also change the radio and camera but when it comes to moving my car I can't ,I do have the Alfa Romeo GT as requested, not sure if it's a game issue or a PC issue? When I continue from my house I can go to my garage but inside the house is blank white, kinda clueless as to what I should do now? Reinstall it or what??

1028846720_Screenshot(13)-min.thumb.png.77b628c65fc0f2999f070815bd793943.pngHere are some visual representations....... 

Many thanks,

Screenshot (12).png

On 10/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, Corinarh said:

I'm stuck at "loading please wait" i have tried installing Visual basic redistributable but still nothing

Go to your regular non modded TDU and start out with the Alfa Romeo 3.2 GT. Or if already continuing buy it, then sell all your other cars. Worked for me.

22 hours ago, africolombiano said:

Hey DJoyTinnio. Tried the link you sent but it does not allow for download, it only asks for my e-mail so that I can upload a file... how do I download it?

Click on the release link, and then click on the download button directly under date, filesize, downloads, and comments.  After the first click, a page that has nothing to do with the download maybe opens. Just close that, and click again ond the download button. Then it should be a normal download. If that doesn't work, click on the file that is attached directly under the release link.

Edited by DJoyTinnio

2 hours ago, DJoyTinnio said:

Click on the release link, and then click on the download button directly under date, filesize, downloads, and comments.  After the first click, a page that has nothing to do with the download maybe opens. Just close that, and click again ond the download button. Then it should be a normal download. If that doesn't work, click on the file that is attached directly under the release link.

Thanks, got it...

On 7/3/2019 at 5:39 PM, Mondodimotori said:

Being a dx9 game, it should be possible with 3rd party software, but don't expect head traking in game... Try lookin' for VR softwares for game without native support on google. I used TriDef 3d for some experiments' but my hardware wasn't up to the task.

This guy get it working with head tracking. But the video is not in english, even I cannot understand what he's saying.

Yes, it´s like you said, i`m spanish, so i understand a little what he try to do, he is simply showing that the game is compatible with Oculus DK2 but making use of a VR external software that is VorpX, i get it work of course adquiring a VorpX license and then download compatible vr game list from this software, search TDU VR profile and then run game with that profile, but i only get it work with original TDU files, If i try using it with mod, show a message that i can´t remember now. 😞

Ingame with VorpX and TDU profile, assign a key in keyboard to look with mouse and after press it, you can see all around with VR Visor. 🙂

There is another way and is with TrackIR but i don´t try it, it´s a little expensive... in eBay there is "first contact TrackIR" with PS3EYE and another thing that simulate what TrackIR doing ingame.

I think i find a bug. If you choose Peugeot 308GTi and use cockpit camera. Km/h \ Mph gauges get wrong/overpass Km/h limit when you reach over 200 for example, needle goes down and down and return to 0 Km/H, it´s like is not syncroniced or something like that...

My impressions about mod are very high! Very Good work! Are there more Peugeot / PUG? In Ultra-Community-Pack there was a 206. 😛

I found a problem when i try to play it again, I can´t remember how to activate fuel mod, even if i select it in launcher doesn´t appear to work ingame.

Edit: I don´t see that someone mention about VR and tracking...

my fault...

Edited by Grondoval
dual post i think

Thank you Milli and all the modders that were involved in this project :)

I'm very new to TDU, i first played it last year(!) after picking up a DVD disc of it second hand and had a blast with it for many months. Turbodock forums were a great resource for my getting it running well etc. So thanks for the whole forums here too; TDU is a rare classic game that still holds up pretty well vs the more current competition (like the Horizon series etc), and the efforts from the community here to keep it alive and well is awesome :)

Overall i had little issue getting TDU Platinum working fine (just single player as i rarely play online mp games) and love all the new content i can already see is here (i've been playing for a few hours since yesterday when i installed the mod), all those cars! It's great.

I have a couple of questions i have not found an answer to (in the mods files etc) yet.

1. Is this mod (Platinum) the pinnacle of a number of TDU mods, like does it include them also? I'm thinking of the Community Mod and Project Paradise in particular (sorry if i get any names wrong, trying to understand the history and info of the mods is hard to work out as a newbie around here!). The reason i'm after this info is i'm not sure if i need to add either of those two mods to Platinum or not, or even other mods?

So is Platinum all i need, say if i want to get working fuel gauges (and mechanics) etc? Do i need other things for example if i wanted to get a day/night cycle (is that even possible? I think i have seen it mentioned somewhere around here?).

Also is there a complete list (other than the one at the top of this thread) that gives more info on the mod and what it includes (in terms of other mods) and what it does and how it's parts function etc? For example it seems i needed to add -fuel as an extension to the shortcut extension exe for the game in order to get a 'working' fuel mechanic in game (as opposed to a fuel gauge that does not change). I got that info from the Project Paradise thread, but if i understand correctly that is also part of Platinum? I'm still not sure if that results in a working fuel mechanic just yet (i probably need to drive more miles, and then find a petrol station?).

2. What is the best process to report bugs still present? Are there some that are 'off limits' and not needed to be reported here (like maybe the position co-ord bug on the new car models for carrying passengers etc)?

If i find time i might try my hand at fixing some bugs if i can (i've modded many games from Morrowind to NMS to CivIV etc) but i don't want to ruffle any feathers here during that process! :)

Anyway thanks for an awesome mod effort (everyone!) and if you can point me to where i can get more detailed info on this project i'd be very grateful.

Hi milli (and everyone that can help me)  i really like this mod but i'm having a big issue that it seems no one has it and i can't play this mod

The thing is that some cars in rental and dealers won't appear visually so i can't buy it. Also as they don't appear in dealers they won't  appear in races neither so i can't  start them forcing me to close the game.

I can't play this mod and i can't find a solution for this (run as administrator, big.bnk activated) none of the options that were said worked for me.

This bug really ruins the experience and it's really sad.

Thanks in advance

[i'm new to this mod (not the game)]

13 hours ago, maximo735 said:

Hi milli (and everyone that can help me)  i really like this mod but i'm having a big issue that it seems no one has it and i can't play this mod

The thing is that some cars in rental and dealers won't appear visually so i can't buy it. Also as they don't appear in dealers they won't  appear in races neither so i can't  start them forcing me to close the game.

I can't play this mod and i can't find a solution for this (run as administrator, big.bnk activated) none of the options that were said worked for me.

Thanks in advance

Seems like a problem with the mod files. Start again with a clean TDU install and, after, a clean install of the mod, caring of following all the instruction perfectly.

20 hours ago, maximo735 said:

Thanks in advance

Does your root folder have d3d9.dll in it? Seems like your project paradise is not working. Cars not being visible is usually bigbnk not active, but if you're running it from the launcher, and it is "active" there, d3d9.dll might be missing.

9 hours ago, Mondodimotori said:

Seems like a problem with the mod files. Start again with a clean TDU install and, after, a clean install of the mod, caring of following all the instruction perfectly.

2 hours ago, Milli said:

Does your root folder have d3d9.dll in it? Seems like your project paradise is not working. Cars not being visible is usually bigbnk not active, but if you're running it from the launcher, and it is "active" there, d3d9.dll might be missing.

thanks both, i'll try milli's first and if it doesn't work i will reinstall everything.

Thanks

@maximo735

Also if you have space a good idea is to keep a backup of the whole original install. I have mine of my second hard drive (E:), then if i create a problem during the installation of the mod (or other TDU mods) i can simply copy/paste that backup over after i have deleted the messed up install. Don't forget to follow closely the install video that is in the first post as it shows how easy it is to install the mod and run it with the correct settings etc.

BUG REPORT (likely already reported): Halawai Boulevard race always results in not being able to click 'next' after completing the race. As has been noted before by another user you can simply wait for the next AI racer to cross the line and 'quit' out the game (or change profile and back again) and on reloading it will show you have completed the race correctly. So it is a minor inconvenience rather than a terrible game stopping bug.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21