We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

4 hours ago, Eudemon said:

Welp, someone needs to fill out the lalala part lol

She said she's not familiar with those area

I haven't. I kept it lalalala to get the structure done. But hadn't much time to write it down.  As Djey mentioned, adding a new slot can be tricky, and just text might not be enough. So a proper tutorial has to be made, since it takes more than 2 hours to add 1 car when you have a lot of practice doing it. 

20 hours ago, Djey said:

Adding new slots is not documented as it's reserved to advanced users. Many things have to be taken into account as a slot has many links with the rest of the database. And the game won't be of any help when a link is missing. It may result to corrupted database as well. That's why Milli has added "ready to use" slots whish just need to be modified with tools like TDUPE or TDUF.

But it's quite easy when you finally understand it. When Milli release 2.0, instead of replacing the data in the ready to use slots, I'll make brand new slots for the cars I want to get in.

I know this is really lame to get nostalgic over, but it's so cool to see that this gamne which defined my teenage years, which I'd followed since even before the 360 launched is still getting dedicated support. I'm installing platinum now for some muuuuch needed nostalgia.

Thanks everyone for keeping this game alive ♥

• 2 weeks later...

please i need someone to tell me how can i decrypt-encrypt the AIBotsPers.xml file thank you a lot 

the reason is to see if i can make the AI bots drive without wait for me if i crush out and for the A class cars i want bots to drive at straights reaching the top speed of the car even if it is over 400 km/h and again without waiting for my coming back

i want to race the AI bots like the online races where i hardly ever won the races 

i want a REAL test drive experience that is i want to compare the cars competing the AI bots i want the AI bots to be the best drivers to show me what their car can perfectly do and so i test my cars to see which car can beat it --- i think this is TEST DRIVE meaning

Edited by tasos007007

38 minutes ago, Guest Mkjafu said:

hi, are these specs fast enough for this mod?

HP pavilion 14

-i5-4200m 2.50ghz

-4gb ram

-intel hd graphics 4600

-AMD Radeon HD 8600m series (2gb)

If your machine can run normal TDU with no mods at all, then it should be alright. But experiment with the settings, so you can find the right ones for your PC. So maybe start low, and keep gradually increasing them until you notice some problems. TDU itself however, can be laggy at times but that's not down to the mod, that's just how it is.

8 hours ago, tasos007007 said:

please i need someone to tell me how can i decrypt-encrypt the AIBotsPers.xml file thank you a lot 

the reason is to see if i can make the AI bots drive without wait for me if i crush out and for the A class cars i want bots to drive at straights reaching the top speed of the car even if it is over 400 km/h and again without waiting for my coming back

i want to race the AI bots like the online races where i hardly ever won the races 

i want a REAL test drive experience that is i want to compare the cars competing the AI bots i want the AI bots to be the best drivers to show me what their car can perfectly do and so i test my cars to see which car can beat it --- i think this is TEST DRIVE meaning

That's exactly what i tried to do. But the problem i found is that bots simply can't handle well. They start to mess up the corners, and go straight into the bushes. Plus, each bot has their own "skill". Set every bot at maximum "skill" breaks the game. 

I want many things aswell, but sadly, some things are beyond our capabilities. The best way to make TDU hard is to use underpowered vehicles for the events, in hardcore mode.

1 hour ago, Milli said:

That's exactly what i tried to do. But the problem i found is that bots simply can't handle well. They start to mess up the corners, and go straight into the bushes. Plus, each bot has their own "skill". Set every bot at maximum "skill" breaks the game. 

I want many things aswell, but sadly, some things are beyond our capabilities. The best way to make TDU hard is to use underpowered vehicles for the events, in hardcore mode.

thank you ,and thank you for your efforts to make tdu more than platinum!

Patch HD acts on the level of details at a distance, and complexity of the vegetation. Not sure about it, but a mode of patch HD might be already embedded in Platinum, so HDU mode benefits could be even fewer than expected.

Concerning GPU ram usage, specs given at the time were not accurate, for sure the game would not require so much memory. 1536MB is huge for such an old game. However, during testing it seemed HDU profile would make game crashing on mid range configurations and get better stability in high end cards. It was 10 years ago, and hiperf range configurations did have more than 1gb. That's why.

hey guys i discovered that there is no need to reach the hardcore level to enjoy hard races.
also at non hardcore level you can also drift even with full driving aid . let me say that the difference is that at hardcore level you can do technical
and durable drifts which is funny but reduce your pace at a race while at non hardcore level you can do racing drifts which are funnier and help you
overtake your opponents at corners with a high level driving and this is exciting.

let me share with you what i ve done and now im experiencing dreaming races

in ige folder install that rookie level speed trap race which gives you 1.000.000$ in 15sec.
in FX folder install the FX.ini file which activates a hidden race creator-editor in game while you reach the pro level so
buy some houses and cars to reach the pro level [you need 90 points]
when you re pro close the game and open tduf made by djey to make some changes

a]open the achievements session and reduce some achievements points in order to not reach the expert level for ever
b]open the bots session and make almost all the bots to be temeraire mauvais but you must let at each skill [temeraire bon---temeraire normal---normal bon---
normal normal--- normal mauvais---pereux bon---pereux normal---pereux mauvais] to be 3 bots so 24 bots must not be temeraire mauvais.also dont do any change
at motobikers bots now save the changes and close tduf

dont forget to install at database folder the AIBotPers.xml file from patch 1.12 [expert bots]

open the game open the challenge editor choose race section and ENJOY!!! the most difficult and funny races.

since i want to face all the A-B classes cars i made all the A-B cars to be driven by the bots bcs i like to have the opportunity to see all the A-B cars at races so open tduf and make the changes at the cars of bots

i also upload the whole ige folder where i have transformed all the time challenges into races vs AI bots

if i have time i ll try to make a video showing how hard and funny races i m experiencing in this way

one last thing is never do the tour of the island race.instead of that i transformed the millionaires time challenge into race vs AI bots

also i havent install the game at programm files [x86] but at desktop so i can do any change i want

also the first race 'rookie s race' must be remained vs Fclass

FX.ini SSFE0010.IGE

IGE.zip

Edited by tasos007007

I have some troube getting the mod to work. I have done everything that the tutorial said including checking all the boxes but everytime I try to make a new profile or continue profile it gets stuck on the loading screen like it isn't able to find the game. Any solutions for this?

On 9/15/2020 at 7:02 PM, HERORICH said:

Hello Mili how much more do you have for update 2.0 for tdu platinum  ??

Sadly a lot yet. I've been extremelly busy lately, almost zero free time, and when i get free time, i'm tired to work on the game and i end up passing out. lol  But it will happen, i promise.

15 hours ago, Guest Gorfalf said:

I have some troube getting the mod to work. I have done everything that the tutorial said including checking all the boxes but everytime I try to make a new profile or continue profile it gets stuck on the loading screen like it isn't able to find the game. Any solutions for this?

Use a VPN to complete the first server login.   Or try to make an offline profile to test.

15 hours ago, Milli said:

Use a VPN to complete the first server login.

just today i have found that the popular VPN service can be used for free: https://protonvpn.com

8 hours ago, pranav said:

infinite loading screen after clicking on new game or continue game

is it meant connecting to server? If no, then after connected and clicking to Continue i see no loading message, it goes straight to showing my house. Maybe problem is in the mods? Maybe stock game with 1.66A patch + Project paradise + ticked/unticked big bnk option in PP launcher would work. (after backing up profile and uninstalling game + all remains in Program Files).

i think i have not done a clean installation!

i directly extracted the platinium and started the game

do you think using the iso file for mounting and then performing a clean installation will help?

see, i am newbie. so please kindly help me as i have never played any test drive game or installed one.

39 minutes ago, pranav said:

do you think using the iso file for mounting and then performing a clean installation will help?

see, i am newbie. so please kindly help me as i have never played any test drive game or installed one.

you must firstly install the original tdu and then input the platinum files 

20 hours ago, pranav said:

TDU Platinum is a mod. Not a full game. You need the game first, it says in the first page, first post of this thread. 

I did everything i was told to do and it still crashes before even the title screen shows up. Does the mod not like running on Windows 10 or did i somehow miss something? The game itself runs perfect but as soon as i installed and ran the mod the game seizes to even get to the title screen. 

For reference I have an All-In-One HP desktop running Windows 10. I have Test Drive Unlimited Gold edition. 

Edited by ZoM

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21