We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

1 hour ago, dorachueva said:

I'm not sure what else to fix. I have followed the whole tutorial and that was the result. I give up. I move to TDU2.

Or maybe you can point out what I might forget.

That path seems odd (in project paradise). Are you SURE it's the right one?

hello Milli, I first want to hank you for your effort in reviving such a unique game.

I had troubles running it tho: the game never starts. It looks stuck in the loading phase.

I installed TDU2 using the PC original edition of the game, so I’m trying to uninstall it and reinstall it from a different source (the free one you easily find online). What do you think was the issue? 

14 hours ago, Guest scelsa said:

hello Milli, I first want to hank you for your effort in reviving such a unique game.

I had troubles running it tho: the game never starts. It looks stuck in the loading phase.

I installed TDU2 using the PC original edition of the game, so I’m trying to uninstall it and reinstall it from a different source (the free one you easily find online). What do you think was the issue? 

This is for TDU1, not TDU2. 

That is the issue. Lol

4 hours ago, dorachueva said:

update on my problem in installing TDU Platinum: turns out I needed to update DirectX, then no need to ask for d3dx9_43.dll. That particular dll was always conflicting with d3dx9.dll. I have everything in order, d3dx9.dll put in the main folder, and I am buying many many cars.

Wish to see FXX-K, P1 GTR, and 918 RSR here.

Game has over 880 vehicles and dude ask for the ones it doesn't have. 

On 1/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, dorachueva said:

update on my problem in installing TDU Platinum: turns out I needed to update DirectX, then no need to ask for d3dx9_43.dll. That particular dll was always conflicting with d3dx9.dll. I have everything in order, d3dx9.dll put in the main folder, and I am buying many many cars.

Wish to see FXX-K, P1 GTR, and 918 RSR here.

Which DirectX version did you update to?

On 1/31/2021 at 4:52 PM, Massholeshot said:

I can't imagine how many hours of work this took Milli, TDUP really is a whole new game.

Starting to install as I write this, hope I can find at least one of my favorite cars (1st gen Opel GT, Porsche 928, C3 Corvette)!

I started it in August 2016. It got released in April 2019. But i am still updating it, so, yeah. Lol 

Hey, not sure if I should post a separate topic on this issue, but I wasn't able to find any info on it on the webs. Today I've reinstalled the Platinum mod on a new PC, but for some reason no information is showing up when highlighting races, racers, car shops, etc. Is this a common issue? I'm also not able to select "Go there" for all race types. It does work for shops etc. V-Sync enabled and limited the FPS to 60 already for other reasons.

EDIT: Never mind, found the issue... my controller's right thumbstick was panning really slowly, not allowing the game to load the information -,-

2120441946_TDUPlatinumissue.thumb.jpg.83297ead8df1dd707726d0f9c89698bf.jpg

Edited by ArieKanarie

I have decided that this mod is much more fun than TDU 2. The cars are not too stiff like in TDU 2, there are a lot more as well, and we can switch car factory paints very easily. Wish we can switch car rims that easy as well, or I just haven't figured out how. In TDU 2 we change the rims by going to the proper tuner for the car, but there is no way to change the paint using factory colors.

The races are fun, but AI seems to be extremely slow on corners. Even I can beat them using Charger Dragster once I figured out how to drive the stiff car effectively.

The headlights cannot be turned on permanently, and most cars don't have their headlights turned on bright enough to light up the streets. When the headlights are on, some cars have the taillights on as well, some not. There is also no night, I guess (which is good, since I was really scared to go out there in night: no star, just complete black sky).

Some cars are in weird places for their dealership. Audi R8 5.2 and 5.2+ in the same dealership with Mazda RX7 and RX8? I do not understand how that works, what's the logic behind the placement. But nvm.

I also have tried to buy the prize cars twice, like McLaren Senna, Ferrari 250 Testarossa, Jaguar C-X75 Concept, Aston Martin Vulcan, etc using the provided DB mod but it doesn't work. It keeps saying I cannot buy prize cars twice, so I made a new profile and run the game from the beginning.

Overall, this mod is not perfect but it is the best racing game mod. This is not a complain but a review on this massive mod. Keep up the mods, and kindly fix the bugs if there is any.

2 hours ago, dorachueva said:

I have decided that this mod is much more fun than TDU 2. The cars are not too stiff like in TDU 2, there are a lot more as well, and we can switch car factory paints very easily. Wish we can switch car rims that easy as well, or I just haven't figured out how.

You can switch rims only the hard way by exchanging the rim file in the specific rim folder.
Or buy a new car with another rim offered at the dealer.

The headlights cannot be turned on permanently, and most cars don't have their headlights turned on bright enough to light up the streets. When the headlights are on, some cars have the taillights on as well, some not.

Simply hold down the button for 'Warning flash' when the calibration box appears in the controls menu. The default button is 'Enter'.
If there are headlights or not depends on if the modder created them.

Some cars are in weird places for their dealership. Audi R8 5.2 and 5.2+ in the same dealership with Mazda RX7 and RX8? I do not understand how that works, what's the logic behind the placement. But nvm.

That had to be made, because there is no opportunity to create additional car dealers and slots are limited. You have a problem, if there are way more Audis then Peugeots for example. So Milli had to choose the Peugeot dealer to show up more Audis.

I also have tried to buy the prize cars twice, like McLaren Senna, Ferrari 250 Testarossa, Jaguar C-X75 Concept, Aston Martin Vulcan, etc using the provided DB mod but it doesn't work. It keeps saying I cannot buy prize cars twice, so I made a new profile and run the game from the beginning.

That's programmed into the game, be happy, that you can win/rebuy them at least once. At the begin you couldn't win/buy a prize car, if sold, so you had bad luck in general. The only way to get more of a prize car was at the community dealer, if another player sold his. But that is offline since official servers are down.

Edited by MagicV8

16 hours ago, dorachueva said:

I have decided that this mod is much more fun than TDU 2. The cars are not too stiff like in TDU 2, there are a lot more as well, and we can switch car factory paints very easily. Wish we can switch car rims that easy as well, or I just haven't figured out how. In TDU 2 we change the rims by going to the proper tuner for the car, but there is no way to change the paint using factory colors.

The races are fun, but AI seems to be extremely slow on corners. Even I can beat them using Charger Dragster once I figured out how to drive the stiff car effectively.

The headlights cannot be turned on permanently, and most cars don't have their headlights turned on bright enough to light up the streets. When the headlights are on, some cars have the taillights on as well, some not. There is also no night, I guess (which is good, since I was really scared to go out there in night: no star, just complete black sky).

Overall, this mod is not perfect but it is the best racing game mod. This is not a complain but a review on this massive mod. Keep up the mods, and kindly fix the bugs if there is any.

@MagicV8 replied most of the stuff you said, but about the dealerships, that's pure lack of physical dealer slots to place vehicles. Compromises had to be made, and it has some sort of logic on 90% of the cases.  At least it ain't a big mess like other TDU mods.

About the prize cars, inside the extra folder, you have a multiple prize car db.bnk.  Replace your DB.bnk with it, and you shall be able to get them more than once. I tested this countless times, if it doesn't work for you, the DB has not been replaced at all. For some reason.

And "bugs" are being fixed, if possible. 

On 2/3/2021 at 5:08 PM, ArieKanarie said:

Hey, not sure if I should post a separate topic on this issue, but I wasn't able to find any info on it on the webs. Today I've reinstalled the Platinum mod on a new PC, but for some reason no information is showing up when highlighting races, racers, car shops, etc. Is this a common issue? I'm also not able to select "Go there" for all race types. It does work for shops etc. V-Sync enabled and limited the FPS to 60 already for other reasons.

EDIT: Never mind, found the issue... my controller's right thumbstick was panning really slowly, not allowing the game to load the information -,-

2120441946_TDUPlatinumissue.thumb.jpg.83297ead8df1dd707726d0f9c89698bf.jpg

Dude, you saved me a lot of trouble. I had the same issue and I was starting to lose hope.

Mod is great btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I ticked on the "offline" part in the Paradise Launcher menu a couple of days ago.

I'm not sure if it was a bug or not, but what happened was...

I was basically bombarded with AI traffic cars. Every. Freaking. Where. There were so many AI traffic cars, in fact, AI opponent cars in races were constantly crashing into them. Kinda hilarious to watch, but not actually any fun to participate in...

Seriously though, was that a bug?

3 hours ago, Jkgo said:

Out of curiosity, I ticked on the "offline" part in the Paradise Launcher menu a couple of days ago.

I'm not sure if it was a bug or not, but what happened was...

I was basically bombarded with AI traffic cars. Every. Freaking. Where. There were so many AI traffic cars, in fact, AI opponent cars in races were constantly crashing into them. Kinda hilarious to watch, but not actually any fun to participate in...

Seriously though, was that a bug?

Did you check the race parameters? Do the races mention heavy traffic? If yes, then that's normal.

7 hours ago, faustylan said:

Did you check the race parameters? Do the races mention heavy traffic? If yes, then that's normal.

I haven't checked that, but it wasn't just the races. Time trials, speed traps, just driving around doing nothing... AI traffic cars were everywhere. Unticking the "Offline" box in the launcher menu brought everything back to normal, though.

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21