We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hi guys,

I have this issue. All my races, dealers etc are blank on map, as you can see on picture. What could be the problem? 

I installed base game, installed TDU platinum, copied HD extra patch, applied 1.12 patch, used 4gb executables and run the game with vsync, big bnk, and HD options checked. Few months ago I have done the same and game worked perfectly, what could I messed up this time?

Screenshot 2021-07-21 001505.png

6 minutes ago, julka2137 said:

Hi guys,

I have this issue. All my races, dealers etc are blank on map, as you can see on picture. What could be the problem? 

I installed base game, installed TDU platinum, copied HD extra patch, applied 1.12 patch, used 4gb executables and run the game with vsync, big bnk, and HD options checked. Few months ago I have done the same and game worked perfectly, what could I messed up this time?

Screenshot 2021-07-21 001505.png

Do not map the map controls to your analog stick. It can't stand still. 

Also, unmark the HD. That was a feature meant for vanilla TDU, in Platinum it just makes it worse. 

Sorry if this is a bit "out of context", but I started to play HardCore mode from some weeks (with keyboard & TC off), and I have notified the stats (in house "INFOS" tab -> play time, total distance, etc.), no longer increase.

Is this the case for other people (I guess yes), and, is there a way/patch to fix this? This is not "dramatic", but a bit annoying, especially for total KMs browsed, I am currently stuck at 37***.** while I am probably at around 50000 now.

To Milli: Do you have an approximate "status" (in %) or release date of the future Platinum update? I have read your previous answers about this, but I am curious to see what about now.

Edited by Homelander

22 hours ago, Homelander said:

Sorry if this is a bit "out of context", but I started to play HardCore mode from some weeks (with keyboard & TC off), and I have notified the stats (in house "INFOS" tab -> play time, total distance, etc.), no longer increase.

Is this the case for other people (I guess yes), and, is there a way/patch to fix this? This is not "dramatic", but a bit annoying, especially for total KMs browsed, I am currently stuck at 37***.** while I am probably at around 50000 now.

To Milli: Do you have an approximate "status" (in %) or release date of the future Platinum update? I have read your previous answers about this, but I am curious to see what about now.

The status is sadly paused, regardless. I still without my laptop to continue to work on it. 

Since late January, which is when my laptop died, and i still haven't got it fixed, neither money to actually buy a new good one. 

Oh no, sad to hear that!

Maybe you could open/display a "donation" on your profile or in the first post of platinum page (via PayPal for example), and so, people like me who would like you to see you work again on this update scheduled could donate to you in order to let you buy a new laptop faster (and could also be used as thank you for your previous work), but this must be allocated for your laptop, not to buy Barbie puppets! Hihihi! 😜

But it might be helpful to talk about your "personal issue" (computer down), in the topic and specify if we want to speed up the things (because a lot of people are waiting for an update as platinum it is a good content), that our "contribution" is welcomed. Besides, as I said before, I would personnaly prefer if people will use Platinum & be "centralized on it", to improve in-game "pleasure" with all people having "same base content/cars", and not see too much of those fucking orange TDU cars used by other TDU editions!

Edited by Homelander

• 2 weeks later...

What's with pretty much all the (stock) Corvettes maxing out at around 400km/h.. The stock Grand Sport had a top speed of like 418km/h or something ridiculous like that.. Most other cars I've found so far seem pretty realistic, but the Corvettes are just nuts.

Edited by Xstioph

On 8/2/2021 at 11:08 AM, Xstioph said:

What's with pretty much all the (stock) Corvettes maxing out at around 400km/h.. The stock Grand Sport had a top speed of like 418km/h or something ridiculous like that.. Most other cars I've found so far seem pretty realistic, but the Corvettes are just nuts.

Have you ever drove them? Just because it says 418, doesn't mean it can reach such speed. 

But, that has been explained many many times, including in the FAQ section. To simulate the gearbox of each car realistically, the "Top Speed" value must be set as the theorical speed the final gear can handle, ignoring power, drag, etc. 

Cars that have an "overdrive" gear, will display way higher values in top speed, because their last gear is extremelly long, made to save fuel.  When you race a Corvette, you don't shift to 6th, it is only there to save fuel. 

6 hours ago, LanceDE said:

Guys, i have a problem, i downloaded the mod and i came out as a torrent file and not as a zip file, how do i change it. I tried do delete the .TORRENT after the .zip but i can't open the file after it. pls help me

sorry for bad english 

NORMALLY, when a file still is a .torrent, it's cuz your torrent didn't finish downloading it using your torrent client. Once your client will have d/l it completely, it'll become a .zip file.

INFINITE LOADING TIME TDU PLATINUM

When I wanna start a new game I get a infinite loading when I click on new game, the game isnt frozen because when I alt-f4 it say saving game.... I tried everything I found online... reduce the number of cpu to 6 used at the same time, tried with the recent update and without it... idk what to do... I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT and an geforce 3080... any suggestion ?

Screenshot 2021-08-06 014719.png

17 hours ago, boubou4360 said:

INFINITE LOADING TIME TDU PLATINUM

When I wanna start a new game I get a infinite loading when I click on new game, the game isnt frozen because when I alt-f4 it say saving game.... I tried everything I found online... reduce the number of cpu to 6 used at the same time, tried with the recent update and without it... idk what to do... I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT and an geforce 3080... any suggestion ?

Screenshot 2021-08-06 014719.png

This page could help you. Or not. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Test_Drive_Unlimited

On 8/6/2021 at 5:52 AM, boubou4360 said:

INFINITE LOADING

1) try to search the text you are seeing here in this forum thread
2) try to check your firewall (Windows firewall?) and remove TDU/Atari/ProjectPP from it. Let firewall ask again for permission and allow it, or remove and add programs manually to firewall. I am unsure if needed to add project paradise launcher and also original exe, but i guess PP launcher is necessary. Obviously you launch the game using paradise launcher exe not original exe.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:18 AM, Milli said:

Have you ever drove them? Just because it says 418, doesn't mean it can reach such speed. 

But, that has been explained many many times, including in the FAQ section. To simulate the gearbox of each car realistically, the "Top Speed" value must be set as the theorical speed the final gear can handle, ignoring power, drag, etc. 

Cars that have an "overdrive" gear, will display way higher values in top speed, because their last gear is extremelly long, made to save fuel.  When you race a Corvette, you don't shift to 6th, it is only there to save fuel. 

Ouch, how dumb of me. Now that you point it out I recall it from last time I used the platinum mod! I didn't even deserve a response for such a stupid question. So thank you! Cheers!

On 8/8/2021 at 2:59 PM, MadNess said:

Can anyone tell me where can I find the BMW 507? Seems like it's the only car that isn't for sale, but I've seen it in Race Around the Crater... This is really bugging me.

Its been delisted from the dealership in the recent patch. If you want it, temporarily replace your current db.bnk (euro\bnk\database) with the original unpatched Platinum db.bnk so you can buy it at the classic merc dealer. Then change the db.bnk back afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the 6,2GB zip file, but I can't extract it! It says ,,Archive is not readable. Would you like to try a password?,,

Is there any passwords that I can use, or is this some problem with downloaded file?

Can someone help plz?

TNX!

TDU Platinum Zip problem.jpg

17 hours ago, BBS said:

Archive is not readable

Archiving apps never given me such a dialog. Try extracting using different archiver like 7zip.

You can install app that does a checksum of the archive file, i think @Milli not provided the checksum in initial post of the thread?, mine are:

MD5 e388e5ec15df0a6d3e6219f275d21a57
SHA256 3096e4d1ff6b9b8fa0730fedf9f54d3d47b39040a768c1bc2e8d68f41837603f

TDU Platinum v1.0.zip , 6,0 GiB (6 426 086 558)

try downloading torrent in initial post of this topic and inside torrent client like qBittorrent set correct path to your downloaded file, right click the torrent and do Force Recheck, it may detect you have 99.99% and complete the download? Torrent is more reliable way to download large files.

Edited by postcd

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21