We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The list of cars available in this mod are phenomenal, but a lot of the specs are a complete **** up. The stock Ford GT now does 419km/h (just one of many examples)? One or several of the devs behind this mod went full moron-mode and pulled speeds out their backsides. If these got corrected to the proper stats, then this mod would be perfect. 

2 hours ago, Anon123 said:

The list of cars available in this mod are phenomenal, but a lot of the specs are a complete **** up. The stock Ford GT now does 419km/h (just one of many examples)? One or several of the devs behind this mod went full moron-mode and pulled speeds out their backsides. If these got corrected to the proper stats, then this mod would be perfect. 

How rude. You should read the FAQ explaining this before throwing insults around.

On 12/26/2017 at 1:05 PM, Milli said:

Q. Why does some vehicles display an absurd Top Speed?

That's because how TDU was codded. Sadly, to get the gear ratios to work as they should, you must set the car's Top Speed as the top gear speed. Which means, the maximum speed that the final gear could achieve, regardless of it's power or drag. Usually, vehicles that have an "Overdrive gear" will display absurd values, since the last gear is really long, with the purpose of fuel saving.

Q. Ok, but why it is actually the Top Speed value is lower than the final gear speed?

That's because TDU, by standard, adds around 10% more top speed. So, if a car final gear speed is 330 km/h, if you set as 300 km/h, in-game the car will reach 330 km/h. Now, if you set 330 km/h, the car will actually be faster than it should, and will reach 363 km/h.

Deducting 10% of the speed makes not only the final gear accurate, but every gear will top at the correct speed, if your gear ratios are correct, which means the speed you need to shift will also be accurate.

21 hours ago, Anon123 said:

This guy, geez... You could've simply went for a test drive to realize that their performance are actually correct, just their stats on paper are wrong (explained in FAQ), but no. Went straight to rage on it. "Full moron-mode" it is I guess 🙄

The mod looks easy enough to install (Never played TDU myself before) but how do I unzip the 1.12 patch? I downloaded all three files but when I try to unzip the archive it gives me an error saying "The same volume can not be used as the source and destination". If I unzip the file to a partition the archive isn't on this doesn't happen, but it then instructs me to "insert disk 1 of 3" and I have no idea what to do at that point. And what am I supposed to do with the .z01 and .z02 files? Am I supposed to rejoin all these files together?

EDIT: Okay, tried unzipping the archive with 7-Zip instead of the Windows shell and it works fine. But what am I supposed to do with the .z01 and .z02 files?

Edited by Epic B

36 minutes ago, Epic B said:

The mod looks easy enough to install (Never played TDU myself before) but how do I unzip the 1.12 patch? I downloaded all three files but when I try to unzip the archive it gives me an error saying "The same volume can not be used as the source and destination". If I unzip the file to a partition the archive isn't on this doesn't happen, but it then instructs me to "insert disk 1 of 3" and I have no idea what to do at that point. And what am I supposed to do with the .z01 and .z02 files? Am I supposed to rejoin all these files together?

EDIT: Okay, tried unzipping the archive with 7-Zip instead of the Windows shell and it works fine. But what am I supposed to do with the .z01 and .z02 files?

You just unzip the zip, its contents get to the destination anyway.

1 hour ago, Epic B said:

Yeah, I did. I was just wondering what I do with the .z01 and .z02 files. I was able to recombine them in 7-Zip but they seem to contain all the same files as the other zip file.

That's the thing, they're linked to the zip, so when you extract the zip it also goes over those 2 on its own.

Hello guys, I'm new here.

Some years ago I tried Gold Edition, and I liked the whole ecosystem of the game. I wish to get back into it, but I don't have a wheel nor I don't like to hangout with keyboard.

So, I wondered why PC version doesn't have XInput (I own a wired 360 controller)? I mean, there's a 360 version of TDU. Is that pretty hard to even create a tweak to port that whole support to the PC version, so I couldn't see anyone for years?

I think I'll have to choose TDU2 instead. Out of it, you made a pretty nice work with Platinum.

There's a claim of over 880 vehicles added, and I get that the list provided in the post stipulates 470 cars are hidden from the list, but from what I understand the hidden vehicles is referring to the special tuning options available. So technically, it's kind of a bs thing to say 880 cars when that's not actually the case. It builds up a false anticipation and personally a big middle finger to the players imo. 

On 1/9/2022 at 8:22 AM, Anon123 said:

There's a claim of over 880 vehicles added, and I get that the list provided in the post stipulates 470 cars are hidden from the list, but from what I understand the hidden vehicles is referring to the special tuning options available. So technically, it's kind of a bs thing to say 880 cars when that's not actually the case. It builds up a false anticipation and personally a big middle finger to the players imo. 

Have you realized that the only posts you made were actually to complain about something?

What is your goal with them? What do you want to achieve? I am genuinely curious to know it. 

On 1/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, Antonio Vision said:

Some years ago I tried Gold Edition, and I liked the whole ecosystem of the game. I wish to get back into it, but I don't have a wheel nor I don't like to hangout with keyboard.

So, I wondered why PC version doesn't have XInput (I own a wired 360 controller)? I mean, there's a 360 version of TDU. Is that pretty hard to even create a tweak to port that whole support to the PC version, so I couldn't see anyone for years?

I think I'll have to choose TDU2 instead. Out of it, you made a pretty nice work with Platinum.

TDU1 work with controller just fine. I use a PS3 controller that my laptop thinks it's an Xbox one. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:19 AM, Antonio Vision said:

What?

Xbox pads are well supported in TDU1 on PC. Check your Windows install and updates, because something is not properly configured I guess...

On 1/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, Anon123 said:

Most Troll-esque post of 2022, thanks for the laugh. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 5:32 AM, Djey said:

What?

Xbox pads are well supported in TDU1 on PC. Check your Windows install and updates, because something is not properly configured I guess...

Uhm, what I mean is an entire XInput support:

- Proper Z-axis behavior (simultaneous response between - and + unlike DirectInput)

- Deadzone improvements or advanced settings (at least in binaries). There's practically zero, wich makes car steer by itself when joystics drift.

- Force feedback and Rumbling

- XBOX 360 GUI prompts (optional but convenient)

That's what I'm talking about. I know there is a certain support for controllers, but it's sort of clunky, at least for the 360 one. Just can't enjoy the game like that, and I see it unfair from Eden Games, since they could import that whole XInput optimization from the 360 version.

Edited by Antonio Vision

Nice!

Are you gonna fix the odometers/tachymeters completly wrong for a bunch of cars in your update?

Like TDU's speed displays 150 KM/H and onboard odometer displays 120 or 165..., same thing for RPM, but this also depends on the view, some view display correct RPM/speed, some others not. Most of the cars have wrong display in cockpit view and for experience/pleasure, I would like to look at cockpit speed rather than TDU's digital speed in the right. Feel more fun/juicy to look the onboard needle rising rather than the digit on right.

Or max RPM (rev limiter) of some tachymeters wrong (488 Pista to 9000 while it is 8000 [& in board last red led not showing], 458 Italia Spider to 8000 while it is 9000, etc.).

Not all the cars might need a rework, at least, the ones where we badly see the speed/rpm in cockpit view can be skipped (or not "fixed in emergency"), but the others, it will be nice.

Edited by Homelander

On 2/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, CrankyPanda318 said:

Hey, love the mod! Just wondering is it true that the mod is done with updates or are you still working on new vehicles and stuff?

Just look literally 2 posts above. Yes, i still work on it.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, Homelander said:

Nice!

Are you gonna fix the odometers/tachymeters completly wrong for a bunch of cars in your update?

Like TDU's speed displays 150 KM/H and onboard odometer displays 120 or 165..., same thing for RPM, but this also depends on the view, some view display correct RPM/speed, some others not. Most of the cars have wrong display in cockpit view and for experience/pleasure, I would like to look at cockpit speed rather than TDU's digital speed in the right. Feel more fun/juicy to look the onboard needle rising rather than the digit on right.

Or max RPM (rev limiter) of some tachymeters wrong (488 Pista to 9000 while it is 8000 [& in board last red led not showing], 458 Italia Spider to 8000 while it is 9000, etc.).

Not all the cars might need a rework, at least, the ones where we badly see the speed/rpm in cockpit view can be skipped (or not "fixed in emergency"), but the others, it will be nice.

No. I do plan on releasing it before 2048. As i said many times, some issues foes not worth the time they demand to be fixed. 

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21