We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, Milli said:

20220417114538.jpg

hello milli me and 6 of my friends are doing touge races online every night. Some cars are missing. On the internet we found the following vehicles, civic eg, 180sx type x, silvia s13, silvia s14 zenki, silvia s14 kouki. But these vehicles are not in the game, but I would love to have them, because I own the silvia s14. It would be nice to play the game so that my friends can see it too

On 5/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, sukarain said:

hello milli me and 6 of my friends are doing touge races online every night. Some cars are missing. On the internet we found the following vehicles, civic eg, 180sx type x, silvia s13, silvia s14 zenki, silvia s14 kouki. But these vehicles are not in the game, but I would love to have them, because I own the silvia s14. It would be nice to play the game so that my friends can see it too

At the moment those cars aren't included in the pack. You will need to install the same mods with your friends for everyone to see the same cars.

As for the cars themselves, they may be included in the next update, but I can't say for sure.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:00 AM, sukarain said:

You found 3d models or actual TDU mods? If you found TDU mods, post their links here and i might take a look

Hi, I have a problem.
If I play Tour of the Island at the 30-40 minute mark the game either slows down or straight up freezes between 2 frames and replayes it. I'm running an RX-580 at HD which could be a problem for such a medium graphics card, even though it runs at 50 fine. I've even played the game for an hour, this only happens at this kind of situation, endurance levels.
Heres an example of what happens:

brokentdureplace.PNG

Edited by Blueberryerry
Forgot about some details

9 hours ago, Blueberryerry said:

Hi, I have a problem.
If I play Tour of the Island at the 30-40 minute mark the game either slows down or straight up freezes between 2 frames and replayes it. I'm running an RX-580 at HD which could be a problem for such a medium graphics card, even though it runs at 50 fine. I've even played the game for an hour, this only happens at this kind of situation, endurance levels.
Heres an example of what happens:

brokentdureplace.PNG

Use the 4gb executables provided in the patch 1.12

The reason why that happens is not because of your computer, but an issue with some cars and the original tdu.exe. 

Original TDU.exe can only use 1gb of ram memory, and some cars, like that R33, have some bug that causes a memory leak (will be fixed in the update), which makes the .exe need to use beyond 1gb of ram.  Once it asks for more, the game bottle necks it, causing that issue. 

With the 4gb executables, that memory usage gets bumped to 4gb. I won't say it will completelly fix it, but it sure will take a LOT longer to happen. 

After months of not being able to understand why the game would black screen then not start ( windows 10 ) I finally have an answer. Anyone trying to run surround sound through windows can have a problem with a litany of games. But TDU ( even base game not Platinum or any other custom version ) does not like having the Default Format set to either Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interactive.

If you are getting a black screen after startup even on a fresh install of windows 10/TDU, try changing your sound options in Your audio device properties. What is boxed in red does not work. The blue highlight is what I have currently selected. 

How to get to this page.

Right click the speaker icon on the bottom right of the screen>Volume mixer>Click the icon for what you are using>Go to advanced tab and select any option but surround options.

Exclusive modes dont change anything.

unknown.png

8 hours ago, Milli said:

Use the 4gb executables provided in the patch 1.12

The reason why that happens is not because of your computer, but an issue with some cars and the original tdu.exe. 

Original TDU.exe can only use 1gb of ram memory, and some cars, like that R33, have some bug that causes a memory leak (will be fixed in the update), which makes the .exe need to use beyond 1gb of ram.  Once it asks for more, the game bottle necks it, causing that issue. 

With the 4gb executables, that memory usage gets bumped to 4gb. I won't say it will completelly fix it, but it sure will take a LOT longer to happen. 

Thanks, completely forgot about that patch. I can finally beat the race.

On 5/21/2022 at 4:37 AM, Milli said:

You found 3d models or actual TDU mods? If you found TDU mods, post their links here and i might take a look

Nissan:

nissan r33 nismo s-tune - nissan skyline r32 gts-t  - Silvia s13 - another s13 Silvia S14 zenki - Silvia S14 Kouki 

Mitsubishi:

Galant vr4

Toyota:

toyota altezza 2.0 not 2jz - toyota mrs - toyota chaser tourer 5 - mark 2 JZX110

Honda:

civic fk8 - civic fk2 - civic at - civic eg - honda accord - Civic EP - CRX Si-R

You should definitely add silvia s14 zenki and kouki especially, they are both very nice mods. Thank you for everything Milli

Hello Milli, while i was racing on tantalus touge, a friend of mine was using acura nsx and i was using honda nsx. We noticed that she was driving much more stable than me, my car was understeering too much. Then I decided to investigate the difference between the two cars in the database file. Then I found this mistake 😄 I'd appreciate it if you could fix it for the next update, you should release a small update Milli, it's been years 😞 In addition, there is no redline in the honda nsx and 276hp v6 can rev up to 8000

Edit: This error wasn't the fault that caused the poor cornering performance. I still haven't figured out why it understeer. Maybe it's hard to drive because I play hardcore mod, but I don't get it mate. Skyline r32 ,r33 and r34 a bit slow or is it just me? 😞 

2.thumb.JPG.5607840647a860c7c43c8a923620517d.JPG

Edited by sukarain

36 minutes ago, sukarain said:

Hello Milli, while i was racing on tantalus touge, a friend of mine was using acura nsx and i was using honda nsx. We noticed that she was driving much more stable than me, my car was understeering too much. Then I decided to investigate the difference between the two cars in the database file. Then I found this mistake 😄 I'd appreciate it if you could fix it for the next update, you should release a small update Milli, it's been years 😞 In addition, there is no redline in the honda nsx and 276hp v6 can rev up to 8000

2.thumb.JPG.5607840647a860c7c43c8a923620517d.JPG

Stage 1 tuning works very well for now until a fix arrives. Standard car has zero stability like you said.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:54 PM, Pablodh22 said:

Amazing job! does this work on consoles? xbox 360 for example🙂

I think that someone said in-game that he is using xbox 360. I am using box one and works OK (except sticks has dead zones - that possibly can not be fixed due to game being closed source code, but you can learn to drive decently anyway)

Installation may be tricky:

https://internetlifeforum.com/showthread.php?15161-How-i-setup-install-MS-Xbox-One-Wireless-controller-1697-adapter-on-Windows-7

Edited by vit-jan0

3 hours ago, Seven Kravass said:

How can I make sure the mod will work fine with my version and how can I properly put the mod in my game files?

Platinum mod has no installer, as per its ReadMe file ("TDU Platinum Install.txt") , you need to:

2. Copy the files inside the folder "TDU Platinum v1.0/Test Drive Unlimited" and paste them inside the folder "C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited" (or other folder where is your portable TDU)

3. Yes, it will ask you to replace the same files, click yes and let them process finish. (consider if you want to backup original folder before doing replacement)

4. Start the game by clicking on the TDU - Project Paradise Launcher.exe, make sure you have the Big bnk activated (Marked check)

9 hours ago, Blueberryerry said:

How do I create a custom car in the game, wanna create a better ME-4-12

If you just want to change the performance, follow this steps;

Method 1=  Use TDUF for changing performance of the car. TDUF doesn't work on some people's computers, if it doesn't work for you, follow the second method.

Method 2=

1-Use TDUPE (Included in Platinum Toolkit) for changing performance of the car, then save 1 time. After save, because tdupe is an insufficient program, it will save car count incorrectly and the game will not open.

2- Then open TDUMT program(Included in Platinum Toolkit), Click "File Browser", go to database/db.bnk and find the "tdu_carphysicsdata.db" inside of db.bnk file, then extract "tdu_carphysicsdata.db" to desktop. 

3-Find the program TDUUT in this forum and download, Drag "tdu_carphysicsdata.db" file onto TDUUT's exe file. TDUUT will convert this file to hex file. Open the hex file with notepad or notepad++ and find the line that says "// items", (I'll put a picture of it) change the item count to 1110 and save the hex file.

4- Drag the new hex file (tdu_carphysicsdata.db.hex) onto TDUUT's exe file. TDUUT will convert this hex file to db file.

5-Go to TDUMT program and change the "tdu_carphysicsdata.db" with your new db file. And thats it.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

On 6/2/2022 at 1:10 PM, Seven Kravass said:

Hello, I have the game but my version of TDU is a portable version instead of an installed one. How can I make sure the mod will work fine with my version and how can I properly put the mod in my game files?

Best way to make sure is to actually install the PC game. 

And installation, there are a few couple videos telling you how, plus a readme text file with the guide. It ain't hard though, basically copy-paste

On 6/10/2022 at 6:50 AM, Fessin5 said:

Hey, it's me again, but for a different matter. I would like to add 2 songs to the radio bot or rock radio (I mean Song 2 from the trailer and No one knows Unkle remix from the intro). I found a tutorial that shows it, but I tried and nothing. Do you have an idea how it could be realized?

Try replacing other songs until the ones you just want?

• Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21