We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

37 minutes ago, Milli said:

The problem is the same. The time and effort to fix it doesn't really worth it.

I did not asked to fix for all cars, despite I will love it! Just for each new car you add & take time to build physics, if you could also check each view & adjust properly tachymeter & odometer for them. I feel boring to be inboard view for example, see the speed at the tachymeter displaying 160 km/h, & see TDU down-right speed displaying 200...

When the speed & revs displayed are correct, I like to look at them while playing, for "realism/experience", I consider this a bit important, but if this is a little pain (or too long) for you to adjust this so be it!

PS #1: Just discovered with petrolhead there are TDU custom cars Ferrari SF90 & Porsche 935, just models apparently, no physics, but will be nice to have those on next/final update!

PS #2: And you need to rework 991 GT3 [RS] physics, then change so long 911 R's gear ratios (put the same as the GT3s). Also, 911 R's physics are different than the GT3's & much better & enjoyable, I think you should grab 911 R's ones, then improve braking & handling/turning for the ones of the GT3s... (I mean, base the 991 GT3 [RS]'s physics from the R). 991 GT3 RS should be as efficient on cornering & braking than the 911 GT2 RS (991), & even slightly better braking from 200<->250 to 0, since car is lighter (also checkable via webstats), even turning.

991 GT3's are too "static" & not enough efficient on "track", with assist off the car barely slips out... not enough fun. Real life GT3s are freaking track beasts!

Edited by Homelander

6 minutes ago, Homelander said:

I did not asked to fix for all cars, despite I will love it! Just for each new car you add & take time to build physics, if you could also check each view & adjust properly tachymeter & odometer for them. I feel boring to be inboard view for example, see the speed at the tachymeter displaying 160 km/h, & see TDU down-right speed displaying 200...

When the speed & revs displayed are correct, I like to look at them while playing, for "realism/experience", I consider this a bit important, but if this is a little pain (or too long) for you to adjust this so be it!

PS: Just discovered with petrolhead there are TDU custom cars Ferrari SF90 & Porsche 935, just models apparently, no physics, but will be nice to have those on next/final update!

And you need to rework 991 GT3 [RS] physics, then change so long 911 R gear ratios (put the same as the GT3s). Also, 911 R physics are different than the GT3's & much better & enjoyable, I think you should grab 911 R's ones, then improve braking, turning for the ones of the GT3s... (I mean, base the 991 GT3 [RS]'s physics from the R).

991 GT3's are too "static" & not enough efficient on "track", with assist off the car barely slips out... not enough fun.

oh-really-christy-plunkett.gif

1 hour ago, Milli said:

The problem is the same. The time and effort to fix it doesn't really worth it. 

I have sound on all cars, in all views. Might not be a problem with the game, but your computer, maybe. 

And no, these cars are meant to be prize cars. If you are using the multiple prize cars, that's a side effect.   TDU locks the prize cars as 1 time buy only. 

What could be the problem? 

It's just some cars like Evo IX, gt86, civic si, Mazda RX7 etc when using  outside view it works fine, but in the cockpit view when I look back... suddenly no sound...I even tried to reainstall whole game, tdu+patch1.66+mega pack+platinum+patch and still nothing while for example RX7 has some crackly noise on the interior view 

Edit: Also I'm not using multiple prize cars but still see some cars for free 

Edited by jirka607

2 hours ago, Homelander said:

Yet again, it is not worth the time. The models are not made by Milli and it's not really her responsibility either.

PS #2: And you need to rework 991 GT3 [RS] physics [...technical yadda yadda...]

She does not *need* to do anything. You can easily do that for your own game. You have the tools, you have the research power. If you'd like to do changes on the game, go for it, but do not demand it from others. The input is appreciated but please drop this demanding tone.

991 GT3's are too "static" & not enough efficient on "track", with assist off the car barely slips out... not enough fun. Real life GT3s are freaking track beasts!

We are talking about Test Drive Unlimited, not Assetto Corsa. The cars were grippy in the game since the beginning, this is an arcade game. The physics engine is 15+ years old, and was pretty mediocre back then even.

1 hour ago, jirka607 said:

Edit: Also I'm not using multiple prize cars but still see some cars for free

The price cars are always free, and there are quite a few. Nardo is one of them. They don't have a price. They are always at 0 but you can not obtain them normally.

Edited by TDUZoqqer

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Yet again, it is not worth the time. The models are not made by Milli and it's not really her responsibility either.

She does not *need* to do anything. You can easily do that for your own game. You have the tools, you have the research power. If you'd like to do changes on the game, go for it, but do not demand it from others. The input is appreciated but please drop this demanding tone.

We are talking about Test Drive Unlimited, not Assetto Corsa. The cars were grippy in the game since the beginning, this is an arcade game. The physics engine is 15+ years old, and was pretty mediocre back then even.

I did not study how the whole game works, but I do not think the alignement of the tachymeter & odometer values compared to the maximum setting & TDU's white speed on the right, are model-related, more something on the data to adjust, or am I wrong?

Well, I use Windows XP, TDUF does not work on it, and I already tried it on Win7, for example, to modify the abused long 7th gear of a car like the F12 tdf, but when I replaced the modified file in my main PC, all the gears were affected while I only modified the 7th ratio, so I did not wanted to bother much if the program does not works well or else.

Besides, my demands can satisfy other people & I like when all the other users can enjoy the fixes/changes, not only me. LIke, if a new car which had a crappy sound, got a new sound, I like when other people can also hear it, this also improves their experience, because they can enjoy it while driving with me (like if you walk on a street & hear a Ferrari's sound close to you, this is not yours, but you enjoy it!). Also, I do not like to modify too much things like if we race with same car on some track & cie, this feels like cheat or unequal, despite this is more a cruise game than a serious race one like Assetto Corsa.

I feel TDU a good game for such age, compared to others, & when cars are well made (model, physics, sound), we can have a good pleasure with, but I like realistic & quality stuff, & the game has potential to provide such, that's why I sometimes insist on some demands like that, my tone is like that but I expect more Milli put that in her "to do list" if she interested, but I also offered some money on the past but she refused...

TDU is a good & "almost rare" open world car game, I am also a bit sad not enough people willing to work on it, but at least there are some, & players in-game!

Edited by Homelander

On 8/23/2022 at 9:31 PM, caucea007 said:

nope. as soon as I start the race no matter where  I go, this happens

Maybe that Race including the AI are group between Group C until A perhaps ?

ie. In One Race named "Seaside Slalom", they include group of AI it's group D & Group C. (check the database with TDUF. If Group D more than Group C in bot database lost. It could be crash, that's what i know because i've test it.)

Or perhaps, .IGE files you should backing up. Because it's Race/Challenge file for the game.

*edit : you should try this for editing FX.ini right in "FX" file direction from the game. Here's the link https://gist.github.com/Darkvapour/8977b08aeb6a115487c4bc8ed2842cb1

If you want to edit the race (by checkpoints, cash reward, group for AI, group requirement, etc) you just put GMEDESIGNER = TRUE.

Greeting

Edited by iFabz

Well, if the tachymeter/odometer problem is model-related I get it, since modellers "gone"! Or maybe trying to be in touch with some probably still active like "rulez" could be a solution to fix a bunch of things on models (like changing rear spoiler opening from lights while it should be from window in the goal to let others see it, etc.).

I explained about the gear ratio that when I changed only one, it changed all gears ratios in-game & put them longer, while I only modified the 7th via TDUF. I will try again later, but as I said, this was fucked up.

My demands are like "requests" in my mind (things to put in her "to do list"), this is more my tone which sounds like "exigences" maybe for you & others, not the original intention. But you should not try to teach me the "volonteers stuff part" when I previously purposed her to give money for my requests & she refused... For me she should take such opportunity & not refuse... Especially knowing the today shit conjuncture in this world...

Besides, I can not really contribute since various things must be done by one person, I could try to deal with TDUF, adjust a new database step by step more realistic, & send to her, but she will probably not replace her current own already different, etc., and also knowing we seem to have a different vision. I also worked hundred of hours on the past on other projects and for free, but right now I just do not want to invest anymore, I play that game for distracting, I just see it has still potential to be better & more realistic, even for its age, & Milli has apparently good knowledge to adjust some of the things, so I request/demand, & even purpose money for such, I do not see much the problem, I am probably one of the rare who purposed to offer some money for such so.

Edited by Homelander

39 minutes ago, Homelander said:

Well, if the tachymeter/odometer problem is model-related I get it, since modellers "gone"! Or maybe trying to be in touch with some probably still active like "rulez" could be a solution to fix a bunch of things on models (like changing rear spoiler opening from lights while it should be from window in the goal to let others see it, etc.).

I would very much prefer other modders not to touch my mods. I lock them for a reason. I think I can speak for all modders or ex-modders spending a lot of time (weeks or even months in my case) for car mods, which don't want some randoms to fiddle with it. ZModelers locking system is garbage anyway, so it's a matter of respect at this point to not reimport and rework released mods from others.

Rules has no respect for anyone, I already see that by the trash he releases with the sole good features being my  inventions for car models blatantly ripped , yet again, I will not accept randoms to re-release my mods. 

And the windows are not synced online afaik, so you would not see it on other player's cars anyway.

I explained about the gear ratio that when I changed only one, it changed all gears ratios in-game & put them longer, while I only modified the 7th via TDUF. I will try again later, but as I said, this was fucked up.

yes because the final gear ratio was not changed. It's normal gearing behaviour

My demands are like "requests" in my mind (things to put in her "to do list"), this is more my tone which sounds like "exigences" maybe for you & others, not the original intention. But you should not try to teach me the "volonteers stuff part" when I previously purposed her to give money for my requests & she refused... For me she should take such opportunity & not refuse... Especially knowing the today shit conjuncture in this world...

This is her right to decline that if she does not want to take your money, it still does not mean you can expect her doing things for you. If she does not want your financial support, you still have no right to demand anything from anyone.

Besides, I can not really contribute since various things must be done by one person, I could try to deal with TDUF, adjust a new database step by step more realistic, & send to her, but she will probably not replace her current own already different, etc., and also knowing we seem to have a different vision.

You can export single car slot rows or wheels or anything from TDUF. You don't have to send whole database files. If one will take contributions, they can easily just import this single slot rows into the DB. That's how car mods were distributed for over 10 years at this point.

I also worked hundred of hours on the past on other projects and for free, but right now I just do not want to invest anymore, I play that game for distracting, I just see it has still potential to be better & more realistic, even for its age, & Milli has apparently good knowledge to adjust some of the things, so I request/demand, & even purpose money for such, I do not see much the problem, I am probably one of the rare who purposed to offer some money for such so.

Again, does not matter. If she does not want to accept your financial support for work she does, then you still have no right to take anything for granted. It's Millis mod, not yours. It's Millis time, not yours. And it's her decision, not yours.

On 8/28/2022 at 11:15 PM, jirka607 said:

Any fix for the cars having no sound when looking back in cockpit view?

Also is it intentional that some cars are free? Like VW nardo?

No sound when looking backwards could be an issue with surround sound configuration - i.e. the sound is playing to rear speakers and you don't have any perhaps.

Hello good afternoon, I just downloaded the latest available update, installed correctly following the tutorials (I already installed and uninstalled the game twice) and already play the game a few years now, but the problem persists, in traffic some police vehicles are invisible causing me to crash them, but not all police cars have the problem, and I noticed with this update quite weird and erroneous behavior of traffic on my game, eg they are going in the wrong direction, moving too fast from left to right or stopping completely on the road. Its something know or a fix I could try to? 

Thanks all!

On 8/29/2022 at 12:41 PM, iFabz said:

Maybe that Race including the AI are group between Group C until A perhaps ?

ie. In One Race named "Seaside Slalom", they include group of AI it's group D & Group C. (check the database with TDUF. If Group D more than Group C in bot database lost. It could be crash, that's what i know because i've test it.)

Or perhaps, .IGE files you should backing up. Because it's Race/Challenge file for the game.

*edit : you should try this for editing FX.ini right in "FX" file direction from the game. Here's the link https://gist.github.com/Darkvapour/8977b08aeb6a115487c4bc8ed2842cb1

If you want to edit the race (by checkpoints, cash reward, group for AI, group requirement, etc) you just put GMEDESIGNER = TRUE.

Greeting

Thnkas. I managed to fix it by tweaking the IGE file

On 8/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, Ryzza5 said:

No sound when looking backwards could be an issue with surround sound configuration - i.e. the sound is playing to rear speakers and you don't have any perhaps.

Amazing I turned on the spatial audio in windows settings and it worked i now have sound in all cars when looking back.

BTW: is it intentional that mk3 Supra can be tuned to absolutely overpowered beast while still staying class F, its the tuning stage 3 for 95K it makes it beating even class A cars