We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hey guy, first of all I want to say this is an exquisite mod technically, a true marvel and how you were all able to fit so much content into a game that doesn't have the same modding community as something like a Nintendo game.

But my main concern is: Is there a way to remove specific cars from it? I tried looking up into the modding tools application that came packed in but it only lets me edit values and information, it doesn't actually let me remove a car, is there another tool in the pack that is able to do that? Or do I just have to prune the specific folders from the game files themselves? Thanks and have a great day/evening.

Edited by SuperWatered76

1 hour ago, SuperWatered76 said:

Hey guy, first of all I want to say this is an exquisite mod technically, a true marvel and how you were all able to fit so much content into a game that doesn't have the same modding community as something like a Nintendo game.

But my main concern is: Is there a way to remove specific cars from it? I tried looking up into the modding tools application that came packed in but it only lets me edit values and information, it doesn't actually let me remove a car, is there another tool in the pack that is able to do that? Or do I just have to prune the specific folders from the game files themselves? Thanks and have a great day/evening.

did you have TDUF tools than TDUMT ?

10 hours ago, SuperWatered76 said:

Just wondering why you'd need to remove some cars. Although that is technically possible, it's a complicated task which demands to remove any reference to the said cars in every part of the database... or prepare to apocalypse 🙈

Just replacing car files and editing vehicle specs is a safer way to get different vehicles.

And about other parts of the database, only the mod pack creator has the full knowledge of all references. Tools haven't been made for this kind of tasks. I mean, the tools source code is available, but someone knowing how to code has to lean 'a bit' towards it before handling such edge cases.

9 hours ago, SuperWatered76 said:

Yeah I have TDUF open right now but it looks like spaghetti to me, I'm not really sure how to use it since I'm not very savvy at modding, which is really why I'm asking in the first place.

hmmm....i understand what your complaining.

sorry late reply. I'll give you link to understanding how to add, copy and delete slot of car.

here's the link TDUF

or i'll show you a video according your case want to remove the car, download the video above

Edited by iFabz

1 hour ago, iFabz said:

hmmm....i understand what your complaining.

sorry late reply. I'll give you link to understanding how to add, copy and delete slot of car.

here's the link TDUF

or i'll show you a video according your case want to remove the car, download the video above

I'll try to look into this, thanks man.

1 hour ago, Djey said:

Just wondering why you'd need to remove some cars.

The whole atmosphere and "immersion" so to say, there's something really offputting about finding something like a Chiron in a game stylised in the mid 00's (or a Twingo), but I still sing my praises to the mod devs.

2 hours ago, Djey said:

And about other parts of the database, only the mod pack creator has the full knowledge of all references. Tools haven't been made for this kind of tasks. I mean, the tools source code is available, but someone knowing how to code has to lean 'a bit' towards it before handling such edge cases.

This is my main concern when messing with the mod, accidentally cutting something off that was crucial set by the creators.

36 minutes ago, SuperWatered76 said:

I'll try to look into this, thanks man.

The whole atmosphere and "immersion" so to say, there's something really offputting about finding something like a Chiron in a game stylised in the mid 00's (or a Twingo), but I still sing my praises to the mod devs.

This is my main concern when messing with the mod, accidentally cutting something off that was crucial set by the creators.

Just take them out of the dealerships. In the TDUF, you have a dealership section, where you can see each car in each dealership. Just remove it from there. Car stays in-game, just not accessible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been around here in some time, just wanted to say thank you for all the continued work and hoping that everything is going well.

Apologies for my "How to Install" video disappearing from YouTube. YouTube decided they weren't happy with some of the content being presented in the video as they felt it endorsed piracy, hence why the video got taken down. I still have the original video file saved and can trim it out to remove the likely offending parts, but the current linked video I feel does a better job of going into detail on installing the game.

Still out there, still playing and enjoying the game. Looking forward to what comes down the line.

8 hours ago, ismailduger1 said:

Hi guys, i cant see some cars on dealer. And i also still see a 1.66 on game main screen.

I already setup test drive unlimited platinium v1.21 and i change the folder correctly.

Plase help me

Make sure you have d3d9.dll in the game folder.  Also, run the game via Project Paradise launcher.

Trying to get the game running on the PC I just finished building and whenever I change the resolution in windowed mode, the window size doesn't actually change. I have made sure and checked in the Project Paradise launcher that the windowed settings are unlocked. The unchanging window size means that the cursor doesn't actually go everywhere if you use a mouse.

Hi guys, i have a problem.
I think enb in platinum edition crashing my game (possible reason: two graphics cards).
    Notebook: Dell g7 7588   (8gb Ram    +    Intel i7 8750h (2.4 Ghz no turbo)    +    GTX1060 6gb Max-q edition)
Because game launch only with deleted d3d9.dll, but most of cars is invisible (cann't load).
In *.dmp file of crash: "0xC0000005"

In the past, i launch platinum mod 1.06 on another laptop and having fun.
Now i cann't launch this DAMN good modification for game of my childhood.

14 hours ago, Lyka4 said:

Hi guys, i have a problem.
I think enb in platinum edition crashing my game (possible reason: two graphics cards).
    Notebook: Dell g7 7588   (8gb Ram    +    Intel i7 8750h (2.4 Ghz no turbo)    +    GTX1060 6gb Max-q edition)
Because game launch only with deleted d3d9.dll, but most of cars is invisible (cann't load).
In *.dmp file of crash: "0xC0000005"

In the past, i launch platinum mod 1.06 on another laptop and having fun.
Now i cann't launch this DAMN good modification for game of my childhood.

You should read again what Milli's latest said above about d3d9.dll in the game's folder.

9 hours ago, LuMiraWolfAngel said:

hi, how do you get the right rims on the ford gtx1?

It already served at Platinum 12.1, isn't it ? Or you had different i bet ?

Alright, then. Should i make intensive tutorial how to use TDUF with specific video one by one ? (again? if there already have in tutorial forum or something)

Greeting

Edited by iFabz
The last post i don't want to merge

4 hours ago, iFabz said:

You should read again what Milli's latest said above about d3d9.dll in the game's folder.

Greeting

"Make sure you have d3d9.dll in the game folder.  Also, run the game via Project Paradise launcher."
The game does not want to work with "d3d9.dll". It tries to start, blinks the screen(in fullscreen mode) several times and crashes. In windowed mode, the game tries to start, but crashes on a black screen.
In *.dmp file of crash: "0xC0000005".

Edited by Lyka4
additional info

48 minutes ago, Lyka4 said:

"Make sure you have d3d9.dll in the game folder.  Also, run the game via Project Paradise launcher."
The game does not want to work with "d3d9.dll". It tries to start, blinks the screen(in fullscreen mode) several times and crashes. In windowed mode, the game tries to start, but crashes on a black screen.
In *.dmp file of crash: "0xC0000005".

Are you ever touch the database file ?

I'll bet maybe your visual runtime ? Anti virus perhaps ?

On 11/1/2022 at 11:25 AM, iFabz said:

Are you ever touch the database file ?

I'll bet maybe your visual runtime ? Anti virus perhaps ?

Bruh, reinstalling visual c++ helps me, thanks xD (i'm waiting for update for 1 year, but problem in visual c++)
But, after switching settings (all when driving) it's stop updating game video information only sounds, after closing don't wanna launch again....

Can you tell me where the graphics settings file is located?

Edited by Lyka4
additional info

12 hours ago, iFabz said:

Can you screenshot the "switching option) what you mean ?

(Jeez i'll bet right the "option" in the game or Project Paradise setting

I don't know what is going on, but game starts again. It's funny.   (switching options - i tried to switch anti-aliasing from 4x to 2x, cuz image is too smooth)

13 hours ago, Lyka4 said:

I don't know what is going on, but game starts again. It's funny.   (switching options - i tried to switch anti-aliasing from 4x to 2x, cuz image is too smooth)

Ahh. I see you using Nvidia Control Panel or something or it's game option