We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

53 minutes ago, TheMainWright said:

Found a new crash as well. That “180 mph downtown” race right below Abbie in Ala Moana (bottom city). I remember doing it once successfully, but it didn’t count as completed; and now when I try to start the race my game freezes and crashes. I’m afraid this might ruin my chance of getting the hidden car for completing all the races, if one of the races can’t be completed…

Try to check the system for errors and viruses

Enter the my computer menu and select check disk for errors you can also check your computer for viruses with any antivirus or antivirus scanner additionally you can clean up garbage and registry errors with Ccleaner or Toolwiz Care if the game files are damaged, a complete reinstallation of the game will help

Edited by andrey zyb

16 hours ago, andrey zyb said:

Enter the my computer menu and select check disk for errors you can also check your computer for viruses with any antivirus or antivirus scanner additionally you can clean up garbage and registry errors with Ccleaner or Toolwiz Care if the game files are damaged, a complete reinstallation of the game will help

Just installed and ran through CCleaner, scanned all of my disks, checked Windows Security and CCleaner’s free antivirus scanner, found nothing. I think i’ll follow through and do a reinstallation, only after I finish the rest of the other activities. I have tons of progress on car collection, so i’d rather get as much done as I can before uninstalling. 
Just to ask though, how would I save my game files during the reinstallation process?

7 hours ago, TheMainWright said:

Just installed and ran through CCleaner, scanned all of my disks, checked Windows Security and CCleaner’s free antivirus scanner, found nothing. I think i’ll follow through and do a reinstallation, only after I finish the rest of the other activities. I have tons of progress on car collection, so i’d rather get as much done as I can before uninstalling. 
Just to ask though, how would I save my game files during the reinstallation process?

Make a backup of your profiles using TDUTools_v06

22 hours ago, andrey zyb said:

Make a backup of your profiles using TDUTools_v06

Is there a link to TDUTools_v06 or is it hidden in the game files? I'm not finding it anywhere. I also just finished the Island Tour and the Millionaire's Challenge to beat all the Single Races and Time Trials, so i'm ready to do a reinstallation.

1 hour ago, andrey zyb said:

link to TDU_Tools_v0.6 https://tdu-club.ucoz.org/load/programmy/tdu_tools_v0_6/2-1-0-2 here is the link

So I downloaded TDU Tools and got it running (had to use Google Translate in the program because everything is in Russian), BUT.....I think I'm just going to cut my losses. 🙃 I'm not fully familiar with third-party softwares to backup files or mess with any PC files, neither am I too annoyed that I can't 100% the single player campaign or own the ME-412 since I beat TDU1 on my 360 and have experienced those things already. Gives me another extra garage spot for something else lol. Unless the next patch randomly fixes the glitch, or it just disappears one day, I'm just going to enjoy the cars I got and keep my game files intact. Preciate the help though. 😉

23 hours ago, TheMainWright said:

So I downloaded TDU Tools and got it running (had to use Google Translate in the program because everything is in Russian), BUT.....I think I'm just going to cut my losses. 🙃 I'm not fully familiar with third-party softwares to backup files or mess with any PC files, neither am I too annoyed that I can't 100% the single player campaign or own the ME-412 since I beat TDU1 on my 360 and have experienced those things already. Gives me another extra garage spot for something else lol. Unless the next patch randomly fixes the glitch, or it just disappears one day, I'm just going to enjoy the cars I got and keep my game files intact. Preciate the help though. 😉

Perhaps in the next update this error will be corrected this error extremely rarely occurs so we can only wait for the update. 

In addition, you can try disabling software conflicting with the mod Xfire, Steam, MSi Afterburner

Edited by andrey zyb

On 3/20/2023 at 6:03 PM, TheMainWright said:

Your savegame files are located in Documents\Test Drive Unlimited.  You can back them up and any time simply by copying and pasting the folder elsewhere.  It's recommended that you do this every so often, especially after progressing through the races.

If you switch to the Alfa Romeo GTV (F class) and save, then reinstall TDU and play it without any mods, you may be able to complete the race that was crashing for you.  After installing the game, go to the installation folder (i.e. C:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited) and make a backup copy of all of the files before installing any mods on top.  That way to can switch between vanilla and modded versions of the game at any time.  You can make as many duplicates of the installation folder as you like. You may need to copy the d3d9.dll file from Platinum into your vanilla folder so that you can log into your online profile.

I played a lot lately, and love this mod,i downloaded a list of cars and i am buying cars to convert them to see how they are, very nice, the only gripes i have is that max speed should be accurate even at expense of other features imo. also some delivery mission cars lower my fps to 25 or 15, i have to put 'fron low' camera for fps to be normal, and other minor glitches like when there is passenger in some cars and they glitch the position, thanks again for all the efforts.

7 hours ago, Bakayarou023 said:

Hello, I want to introduce my friends to TDU Platinum so we can all play online together, but I'm not sure how to make sure we are on the same server. Any tips or guides?

The tdu server is one to make sure that you are on the server, just open the list of players free players key NUM 4 and you will see the players who are on the server usually 8 people are displayed on the map port 8889 should also be open

Edited by andrey zyb

13 hours ago, GaffTJ said:

Hi, since I updated the game on 1.21 I can't move the camera with the mouse around the cars. Anybody has a similar experience and knwos a fix? Thank you! 🙂

Сheck the settings of your game, they may have gone wrong or reset the settings to standard, or try reinstalling the mouse driver

11 hours ago, Maze Runner said:

How can I proceed

Download latest Platinum mod (i think v. 1.21) and overwrite original game files with the mod files. As described in the mod thread and there:

INSTALL THIS UPDATE WILL REVERT ALL THE CHANGES YOU'VE MODIFIED YOURSELF. Please backup your files before installing.
Install: 
Just replace the files in the according folders.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:55 PM, vit-jano said:

Download latest Platinum mod (i think v. 1.21) and overwrite original game files with the mod files. As described in the mod thread and there:

I saw that TDU mods do not work on crack versions, will I still be able to proceed without any error since I really need some modern vehicles. Anyways Thankyou for providing me a solution.

So previously I've been able to play with a controller quite a bit back ago. Now, even if my Xbox One controller is plugged in before I start the game, I'm still unable to map it in the settings. What's interesting is that I had one successful attempt at remapping, but then all of the settings got reset the next time I started up the game. I'm at a loss for words as I have no idea why this is happening. I'll try to troubleshoot but some assistance will also be highly appreciated, thank you.

3 hours ago, Gevo354 said:

So previously I've been able to play with a controller quite a bit back ago. Now, even if my Xbox One controller is plugged in before I start the game, I'm still unable to map it in the settings. What's interesting is that I had one successful attempt at remapping, but then all of the settings got reset the next time I started up the game. I'm at a loss for words as I have no idea why this is happening. I'll try to troubleshoot but some assistance will also be highly appreciated, thank you.

Check or update the xbox driver installed on your PC, and also check the auto-save function it is possible that your game profile is damaged try to restore it from a backup if you previously created it

Edited by andrey zyb

5 hours ago, andrey zyb said:

Check or update the xbox driver installed on your PC, and also check the auto-save function it is possible that your game profile is damaged try to restore it from a backup if you previously created it

I fixed the autosave thing now, thank you. I also updated my controller driver through the xbox accessories app. If I play something like NFS Undercover, the controller functions fine. However, I still am not able to map the controller on TDU 1. I'll keep trying and messing around with it, but there has to be a definite solution to this. Thank you for helping Andrey.