We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

13 hours ago, Gevo354 said:

I had one successful attempt at remapping, but then all of the settings got reset the next time

I think that it was different when I have used Xbox One wired and other when wireless. Regarding Xbox OS drivers setup you may check this page.

Btw. if anyone managed to get rid of the dead zone of the xbox steering stick, pls kindly share how to do it. One driver told me that Playstation gamepad does not have this problem or there is any patch for it. I would also appreciate any link to read some detail. Thank you

On 3/22/2023 at 11:49 PM, Ryzza5 said:

Your savegame files are located in Documents\Test Drive Unlimited.  You can back them up and any time simply by copying and pasting the folder elsewhere.  It's recommended that you do this every so often, especially after progressing through the races.

If you switch to the Alfa Romeo GTV (F class) and save, then reinstall TDU and play it without any mods, you may be able to complete the race that was crashing for you.  After installing the game, go to the installation folder (i.e. C:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited) and make a backup copy of all of the files before installing any mods on top.  That way to can switch between vanilla and modded versions of the game at any time.  You can make as many duplicates of the installation folder as you like. You may need to copy the d3d9.dll file from Platinum into your vanilla folder so that you can log into your online profile.

Sorry i've been MIA for a while, been playing other games recently. I've checked my game's entire directory but I don't see a Documents or Save File folder. I am operating off of Homelander's game files so his directory may be different to everyone else's, but I don't see where my save files are.

2023-04-05.png

1 hour ago, TheMainWright said:

Sorry i've been MIA for a while, been playing other games recently. I've checked my game's entire directory but I don't see a Documents or Save File folder. I am operating off of Homelander's game files so his directory may be different to everyone else's, but I don't see where my save files are.

2023-04-05.png

Enter the name of your profile in the Windows explorer search and run the search and you should see your save file usually this is the library section then documents usually there are saves to most games in the documents

14 hours ago, Gevo354 said:

I fixed the autosave thing now, thank you. I also updated my controller driver through the xbox accessories app. If I play something like NFS Undercover, the controller functions fine. However, I still am not able to map the controller on TDU 1. I'll keep trying and messing around with it, but there has to be a definite solution to this. Thank you for helping Andrey.

try to find a solution here it may help https://www.reddit.com/r/tdu2/comments/8g94jq/pc_tdu1_xbox_controller_on_pc / well, or until an update is released that will fix this problem

Edited by andrey zyb

• 2 weeks later...

So nothing still works regarding the controller. I have no clue why; I restarted the game, PC, reinstalled, tried different USB ports, installed different drivers, and the rest. It's not meant to be and that's fine, I can keep myself entertained with other things. Thank you to those who helped, I appreciate it. Maybe the dev can release a patch of sorts to fix this, but I doubt it since there's a tiny marginal amount of people having this issue on an old game who's fanbase isn't so big.

5 hours ago, Gevo354 said:

So nothing still works regarding the controller. I have no clue why; I restarted the game, PC, reinstalled, tried different USB ports, installed different drivers, and the rest. It's not meant to be and that's fine, I can keep myself entertained with other things. Thank you to those who helped, I appreciate it. Maybe the dev can release a patch of sorts to fix this, but I doubt it since there's a tiny marginal amount of people having this issue on an old game who's fanbase isn't so big.

Perhaps TDU will be enabled in the next patch and your controller in the game will work fine the developer's website usually indicates the changes made by the update just wait for the update

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Milli said:

Make sure d3d9.dll is in the folder, the game must say v0.03a instead of v1.66 and enable big bnk in the project paradise launcher. 

Hi and thank for your asnwer, if I put d3d9.dll I can't play,  windows say (0xc000007b) and the game can't start. If I delete yes, but the game have some errors and sometimes crash. I have windows 7 64 bits. The game version put v.166a

Edit:

I have the solution for the windows problem (0xc000007b).

And I discovered if you delete the file d3d9.dll the game open but crash and the version of the game is 1.66a if you delete this file.

If you put  d3d9.dll and open the game the version is 0.03 and the game works good.

For the people have the same problem (0xc000007b). go to this link: https://mega.nz/file/ieJTGAAL#-1PEEEzdXgI9ZQnH9YduOdsLqZH9Qm1QkgR2laeoApg

download and copy all the files. Now if you have windows 32 bits go to C:/ Windows/System32 and paste all files.

If you have windows 64 bits go to C:/ Windows/SysWow64 and paste all the files.

Edited by porter99

23 hours ago, porter99 said:

Hi, I install the game and start a new profile but in the car dealer I can't watch some cars. I have the 1.21 patch

For some reason i do not see some 1.21 patch cars in showrooms, for example Chiron SS, Only Chiron Sport. Unable to find SSC Aero too. Already made sure to have patch 1.0 files overwritten by 1.21. big bnk enabled in PP launcher, d3d likely yes, but i will check (assuming in root TDU folder in Program Files). Hopefully next patch will be compiled and will fix it. Btw. interesting was that i can see some Bugatti SS of other players (am i looking in correct showroom for Bugatti SS? (the one that is at the end of the straight road that is below highway going north from the main city).

Edited by vit-jano

3 hours ago, vit-jano said:

For some reason i do not see some 1.21 patch cars in showrooms, for example Chiron SS, Only Chiron Sport. Unable to find SSC Aero too. Already made sure to have patch 1.0 files overwritten by 1.21. big bnk enabled in PP launcher, d3d likely yes, but i will check (assuming in root TDU folder in Program Files). Hopefully next patch will be compiled and will fix it. Btw. interesting was that i can see some Bugatti SS of other players (am i looking in correct showroom for Bugatti SS? (the one that is at the end of the straight road that is below highway going north from the main city).

Buy a Chiron and take it to the tune shop. 

SSC Ultimate Aero was added in the US Dealership Update. 

Hey guys I just logged in to share some problem I just solved. Long story short I ruined my Platinum install that I had since 2020.Did a clean Tdu install, and then dragged and dropped all files from base v1. 0 platinum mod+latest update. 

I had no ground textures, no house interiors and I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. Then I realized that zip file with all the files have folder called Test drive unlimited, which I lazily just copied over to my Tdu root directory... So it looked like atari/Test drive unlimited/test drive unlimited... Which is wrong... 

Be aware of that,don't drag and drop everything in one go... 

1 hour ago, Kaz88 said:

Hey guys I just logged in to share some problem I just solved. Long story short I ruined my Platinum install that I had since 2020.Did a clean Tdu install, and then dragged and dropped all files from base v1. 0 platinum mod+latest update. 

I had no ground textures, no house interiors and I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. Then I realized that zip file with all the files have folder called Test drive unlimited, which I lazily just copied over to my Tdu root directory... So it looked like atari/Test drive unlimited/test drive unlimited... Which is wrong... 

Be aware of that,don't drag and drop everything in one go... 

That's right it's better to install platinum according to the instructions

Not sure if I did the install wrongly, but whenever I'm hovering over an event or car dealer, it just shows this grey box with no details on it. I had Big Bnk enabled and I installed the HD Textures from the extras folder

Also, Alt+Tab'ing just makes the game appear black with nothing displaying

Found the problem for no details being displayed for events. Just needed to check the High DPI Override in the compatibility settings for the Project Paradise Launcher. Alt+Tab'ing is still an issue though

Edited by 71M07HY

14 hours ago, 71M07HY said:

Not sure if I did the install wrongly, but whenever I'm hovering over an event or car dealer, it just shows this grey box with no details on it. I had Big Bnk enabled and I installed the HD Textures from the extras folder

Found the problem for no details being displayed for events. Just needed to check the High DPI Override in the compatibility settings for the Project Paradise Launcher. Alt+Tab'ing is still an issue though

Try reinstalling the TDU Platinum, your game files may have been damaged or check your video adapter settings, they may not be installed correctly or reset to factory settings.

20 hours ago, 71M07HY said:

Yes, this happen to me also (and so i expect it is not file damage mentioned by Andrey).
Try to observe if it is related to any particular app from which you switch to TDU, or about delay spent outside of TDU window, or returning using Alt+Tab versus clicking window in task bar to return to TDU.

Edited by vit-jano

8 hours ago, andrey zyb said:

Try reinstalling the TDU Platinum, your game files may have been damaged or check your video adapter settings, they may not be installed correctly or reset to factory settings.

2 hours ago, vit-jano said:

Yes, this happen to me also (and so i expect it is not file damage mentioned by Andrey).
Try to observe if it is related to any particular app from which you switch to TDU, or about delay spent outside of TDU window, or returning using Alt+Tab versus clicking window in task bar to return to TDU.

Ok, now for whatever reason, Alt+Tab'ing seems to be fine now, I've done nothing since posting the update on the High DPI Override, but I'll update accordingly if anything messes up again

On 4/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, Gevo354 said:

I'm not sure if you've figure it out yet, or if this'll work for you... But I read somewhere that with some controls like analog sticks and triggers they need to be held down for a second or two for the game to recognize the input when mapping. Maybe give that a try, and hopefully it helps.

10 hours ago, Ashurnabitashpi said:

I'm not sure if you've figure it out yet, or if this'll work for you... But I read somewhere that with some controls like analog sticks and triggers they need to be held down for a second or two for the game to recognize the input when mapping. Maybe give that a try, and hopefully it helps.

Here is the instruction for setting up the gamepad (joystick) https://gamerinfo.net/game/test-drive-unlimited/x360ce/