We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

On 5/21/2023 at 2:32 PM, Hemi said:

Hello all, I first downloaded the mod and I have this problem. I have no map... At all.

When I am in the mansion I have a white background, and when I leave the mansion car is in the air and under me the ocean. Can you please help with this problem

SAVE_20230521_202901.jpg

Actually install the base game from a .iso file. TDU Platinum is a mod, not a standalone game. Yet. 

I can't see to get this mod to work on my PC (Windows 10). I've tried all that I can think of to get it to work and followed all the instructions to the letter. I've downloaded Test Drive Unlimited ISO that's been patched to 1.66A, I've installed DirectX9 and made sure that DirectPlay is enabled, installed the Megapack, installed the NoDVD for 1.66A, made the program use Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility and ran as administrator, used the TDU Registry Fixer, made sure to install TDU Platinum 1.0 first and then installed TDU Platinum 1.21, ensured that the Project Paradise Launcher pointed to the correct TestDriveUnlimited.exe file, made sure that "Big .bnk" was checked, and even turned on Vsync. The game tries to launch, but I am instantly met with a black screen for like a second before it crashes to the desktop.

Bollocks, I got it to work. Turns out, Compatibility Mode was messing with it. Well, I feel like a right tosser.

Edited by Blobbem
Corrected a mistake.

10 hours ago, Skylinegtr34 said:

Anyone can upload the sound file (or tell me where is in the platinum mod) of lamborghini centenario and porsche 959?? I not have the sound in game, probabilmente because I install the sound pack for platinum for porsche and lamborghini,  thanks!

Here is the path to the sound packets in the tdu all sounds should be here D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited Gold\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicles

Hey there, wanted to ask. I have bought a MOZA R9 direct drive and I cant get the ffb to work properly in TDU Platinum. Does the game "support" direct drive wheels? If not, is there a mod or something?

Another issue that Im having is the car having trouble shifting. It sometimes goes into gear, sometimes not. Is this a wheel issue or can I do something to fix it? 

Thanks!

On 6/13/2023 at 9:36 AM, LoneDuckie said:

Hey there, wanted to ask. Я купил прямой привод MOZA R9 и не могу заставить ffb работать должным образом в TDU Platinum. Does the game "support" direct drive wheels? If not, is there a mod or something?

Another issue that Im having is the car having trouble shifting. It sometimes goes into gear, sometimes not. Is this a wheel issue or can I do something to fix it?

Thanks!

Try to update or reinstall your steering wheel driver and there may be a patch or fix on the official developer's website that solves this problem

Hi people. Is it possible to completely disable ENB ? I like to force superior SGSAA anti-aliasing via Nvidia Profile Inspector, but I can not do this with the dx9 hook that Platinum is using. Ideally, everything the mod offers, except any of the graphical changes via ENB, would be perfect for me.

2 minutes ago, test86 said:

Hi people. Is it possible to completely disable ENB ? I like to force superior SGSAA anti-aliasing via Nvidia Profile Inspector, but I can not do this with the dx9 hook that Platinum is using. Ideally, everything the mod offers, except any of the graphical changes via ENB, would be perfect for me.

There's no ENB integrated with the Platinum package. The d3d9.dll file is for Project Paradise, which is the multiplayer mod that also removes some of the game limits so it functions correctly with the rest of the mods in the pack.

17 minutes ago, Rigel said:

There's no ENB integrated with the Platinum package. The d3d9.dll file is for Project Paradise, which is the multiplayer mod that also removes some of the game limits so it functions correctly with the rest of the mods in the pack.

Really. I thought there was due to the ENB ini file in the mod directory, and also the change in black levels in the game. Shadow areas around cars are too dark, and sometime broken, too. The game definitely looks like it has that ENB look to it with the mod.

Can I restore the FX ini files within Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX to restore the vanilla look to the game instead ?
I enjoy the rest of the mod, but prefer the stock look.

EDIT: It's working now. Replaced those files with the original, and deleted the ENB ini from root whilst I was at it. SGSAA is working, and the look is vanilla. Happy days.

Edited by test86

Is it just me or is the installation a master exam? In the MEGA Download it has the mega.zip file aswell as 5 additional files. Which ones do I have to download? Which ones do I have to copy in the existing folder? Simply just following the text file in the Zip file does not help either. Cos apparently it tells me that I am missing files that need to be extracted.

I really appreciate and love the effort put into this. But I just dont get why the installation manual is kept that simple und and unhelpful.

15 hours ago, Elendior said:

Is it just me or is the installation a master exam? In the MEGA Download it has the mega.zip file aswell as 5 additional files. Which ones do I have to download? Which ones do I have to copy in the existing folder? Simply just following the text file in the Zip file does not help either. Cos apparently it tells me that I am missing files that need to be extracted.

I really appreciate and love the effort put into this. But I just dont get why the installation manual is kept that simple und and unhelpful.

From mega you need all the 5 files.  I suggest get it from Torrent. 

Plus, do make sure you don't use a savegame from another TDU modpack, because the difference of cars in the database might, not always, but it might make your game crash on start-up.  To use an existing save game, i suggest you to sell all the cars and have only an Alfa Romeo GT. So the savegame can be easily "ported"

Hello all, 
First of all - thank you for Platinium Mod. I played TDU a lot, but right now I am returning.
I found one, very irritating issue. On Kalihi and Kalihi Valley I have a "pause" in textures, where collision is off. Cars are falling down below the map. I don't remember that similar issue happened in original game. 
Do you have maybe any idea which file could cause this issue? 

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Franz said:

Hello all, 
First of all - thank you for Platinium Mod. I played TDU a lot, but right now I am returning.
I found one, very irritating issue. On Kalihi and Kalihi Valley I have a "pause" in textures, where collision is off. Cars are falling down below the map. I don't remember that similar issue happened in original game. 
Do you have maybe any idea which file could cause this issue? 

Thank you in advance!

It must be one of the sector-x-y-z-b files in /Euro/Bnk/Level/ or something. Can you show the exact spot on the map where that happens?

1 hour ago, Rigel said:

It must be one of the sector-x-y-z-b files in /Euro/Bnk/Level/ or something. Can you show the exact spot on the map where that happens?

Yeah, sure. 
Glitch location

glitch location.png

glitch location on wider view.png

And how it looks during free roam. Of course some cars go through, but mine and AI fell into the abyss. 

Sorry for a little spamming. 

view1.png

view2.png

Edited by Franz

2 hours ago, vit-jano said:

I am seeing such graphics bugs from time to time (i do not think that i have any graphics mod beside platinum files). Sometimes it is just part of the road and i can drive it like the road is there. Maybe on game restart, road will be fine. 😐 Also you may try different vehicle.

Thank you for your answer. 
Unfortunately, this issue happens on two devices (Steam Deck and PC), on the same place, collisions are on for traffic, but for me and "drivatars", AI cars there is no possible to drive through it. 😄

I could live with pop up textures, when collisions will be on and I could drive, but in this situation this is kinda irridating. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/4/2019 at 9:18, Milli said:

Acabo de hacer esa carrera, también en un nuevo perfil, sin ningún problema. Entonces, no sé cuál puede ser el problema.

I also have the same problem, besides that the route of the races does not appear, the information keeps loading

Sorry for my bad english