Jump to content
We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Recommended Posts

On 2/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, CrankyPanda318 said:

Hey, love the mod! Just wondering is it true that the mod is done with updates or are you still working on new vehicles and stuff?

Just look literally 2 posts above. Yes, i still work on it.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, Homelander said:

Nice!

Are you gonna fix the odometers/tachymeters completly wrong for a bunch of cars in your update?

Like TDU's speed displays 150 KM/H and onboard odometer displays 120 or 165..., same thing for RPM, but this also depends on the view, some view display correct RPM/speed, some others not. Most of the cars have wrong display in cockpit view and for experience/pleasure, I would like to look at cockpit speed rather than TDU's digital speed in the right. Feel more fun/juicy to look the onboard needle rising rather than the digit on right.

Or max RPM (rev limiter) of some tachymeters wrong (488 Pista to 9000 while it is 8000 [& in board last red led not showing], 458 Italia Spider to 8000 while it is 9000, etc.).

Not all the cars might need a rework, at least, the ones where we badly see the speed/rpm in cockpit view can be skipped (or not "fixed in emergency"), but the others, it will be nice.

No. I do plan on releasing it before 2048. As i said many times, some issues foes not worth the time they demand to be fixed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2022 at 3:09 AM, Milli said:

Just look literally 2 posts above. Yes, i still work on it.

No. I do plan on releasing it before 2048. As i said many times, some issues foes not worth the time they demand to be fixed. 

For me this has some importance level about realism but so be it.

Yeah it will be nice to have it "much more sooner" than that, however we will have to hunt you & torture you with a Meellee weapon! Hahahahaha! 😝

Edited by Homelander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Homelander said:

For me this has some importance level about realism but so be it.

Yeah it will be nice to have it "much more sooner" than that, however we will have to hunt you & torture you with a Meellee weapon! Hahahahaha! 😝

Trust me, as a person that's trying to help her with it, I can confirm that it's very time consuming. Even on my own mods I didn't get the dials to work correctly. I will update them sometime with new fixes and what not but doing it for each and every single car with that problem on top of what's already planned would be tough.

I would suggest trying it out yourself. If there were more people helping her maybe we could get it done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, Rigel said:

Trust me, as a person that's trying to help her with it, I can confirm that it's very time consuming. Even on my own mods I didn't get the dials to work correctly. I will update them sometime with new fixes and what not but doing it for each and every single car with that problem on top of what's already planned would be tough.

I would suggest trying it out yourself. If there were more people helping her maybe we could get it done.

I can agree with this,however seeing mistakes here and there slightly ruins the experience. I have an idea: what if we, as a community of this amazing mod, will create a topic with small bugs and issues with cars,map and other stuff. There will always be a pinned comment with updateable list (or something like that).

We really need to help Milli. What do you all think about this idea?

Edited by garrysmit640
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, garrysmit640 said:

I can agree with this,however seeing mistakes here and there slightly ruins the experience. I have an idea: what if we, as a community of this amazing mod, will create a topic with small bugs and issues with cars,map and other stuff. There will always be a pinned comment with updateable list (or something like that).

We really need to help Milli. What do you all think about this idea?

Yeah, like some kind of bug reports topic made by Milli, then we post the "issues" we would like to see "fixed", then she updates her head topic by writting that she plans to fix, and that she has done (like a "TO DO" + a "DONE" category). Except if she wish to keep the changes/fixes private in order to "shake us" when she will release her update, which is a possibility too!

But from that she said, various things can only be done by one person, or, if multiple person try to contribute this is gonna be a pain (like if some databases are only in 1 file) & mistakes can easily happen between contributors. She probably prefer to work alone on various things to make sure of that she has made & certify the quality of her work, which is logic & not bad in my opinion.

But I am a bit sad to see this game having 15+ years old, be very fun & nice as "Open World one", but not much people trying to involve in it, but unfortunately, this case also happens in other game types (FPS & cie), or areas, due to how the today world is, and the bunch of games there are, the people who are a bit "split" under different ones, etc., sad reality.

Edited by Homelander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, garrysmit640 said:

I can agree with this,however seeing mistakes here and there slightly ruins the experience. I have an idea: what if we, as a community of this amazing mod, will create a topic with small bugs and issues with cars,map and other stuff. There will always be a pinned comment with updateable list (or something like that).

We really need to help Milli. What do you all think about this idea?

I would like the idea if we had a bigger group of people making improvements, cause then it would have made sense to make some sort of a spreadsheet of things needed to be done, and assign those things to different people and have it all a bit more coordinated. In the current situation tho, I'm not sure if that's really worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also

16 hours ago, Rigel said:

I would like the idea if we had a bigger group of people making improvements, cause then it would have made sense to make some sort of a spreadsheet of things needed to be done, and assign those things to different people and have it all a bit more coordinated. In the current situation tho, I'm not sure if that's really worth it. 

Would also be nice to centralize development into one good version (as I said before, I prefer Platinum I judge it more about "quality than quantity", despite various things or Milli's preferences/decisions remains discutable or annoying depending on other people tastes/preference), because other TDU extended versions exist, & people use them too, then we see those f***ing ugly orange car or their/our cars correspond to another ID (so, a different car) in-game!

Edited by Homelander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems pretty rare seeing orange (hot dog) cars recently for me having Platinum

I agree that if some car bug thread would exist, then there would have to be people actually willing to spend their time on fixing things instead just speaking about it. I would help myself possibly if there are some really good noob friendly tutorials step by step on how to modify things.

It may be handy to mention link to best tutorials on how to fix various things in car models - maybe somewhere in TDU FAQ (i am missing it here) or link to a post which summarize Platinum policies regarding car modifications and links to tutorials which guide through the process. Some may already exist, i am guessing there are people that know already what are these tutorials/links.

I have made and Nick made sound modding tutorials already but it needs also other people experiment and make another improved tutorials so people know how to achieve good results. Also question is if it is OK to do the modifications. I have seen people like possibly Milli being strict about copyright of the car models or sounds, i do not remember exactly what is the policy regarding existing car model/sound modifications to be included into Platinum @Milli maybe good this is mentioned in first post or in FAQ if not already as if written there, it can get lost.

Edited by vit-jan0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always welcome anyone trying to work on mods and what not, so if there's anyone that wants to start but doesn't know how and what to do, I'm always down to help. However, to be able to "fix" mods takes about the same knowledge as making them from scratch, it's just less time consuming. On the other hand, TDuck discord exists, it's very active and has the people to answer virtually any question about modding. So I think it's more that people aren't very interested in doing something on their own (not to sound rude or anything). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm new into modding the game. Basically I'm here to ask for help on why my TDU Platinum is not working when there's d3d9.dll file (It only goes black screen on the startup and then back to desktop, not opening at all); but it works (playable) when I delete the d3d9.dll, with the side note that some cars are invisible/missing from the game.

If anyone have the solution regarding the startup problem, I'd like to know as well. I just recently found the TDU Platinum project itself on YouTube and truly amazed by it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kilomalik_TDU said:

Hey, I'm new into modding the game. Basically I'm here to ask for help on why my TDU Platinum is not working when there's d3d9.dll file (It only goes black screen on the startup and then back to desktop, not opening at all); but it works (playable) when I delete the d3d9.dll, with the side note that some cars are invisible/missing from the game.

If anyone have the solution regarding the startup problem, I'd like to know as well. I just recently found the TDU Platinum project itself on YouTube and truly amazed by it.

Hi, make sure to run the game via the Project Paradise launcher and check the big bnk box. Don't delete d3d9.dll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

black screen on the startup and then back to desktop

This claim is good resource for search keywords to use in the search engine. just prepend the search phrase by "TDU1".

Especially i would search "black screen" phrase in this thread. Search word "black" also on this page. And report what helped once you find out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rigel said:

Hi, make sure to run the game via the Project Paradise launcher and check the big bnk box. Don't delete d3d9.dll.

Done it, but like I said, only black screen and then I'm getting dragged back to the desktop lol 

1 hour ago, vit-jan0 said:

This claim is good resource for search keywords to use in the search engine. just prepend the search phrase by "TDU1".

Especially i would search "black screen" phrase in this thread. Search word "black" also on this page. And report what helped once you find out.

Okay thanks, I'll try to follow and understand on your tip slowly. I'll hit y'all up as fast as the next morning for an update on the solve

1 minute ago, Kilomalik_TDU said:

Done it, but like I said, only black screen and then I'm getting dragged back to the desktop lol 

Okay thanks, I'll try to follow and understand on your tip slowly. I'll hit y'all up as fast as the next morning for an update on the solve

Going to add another one as I was just tried the thread link that was given by vit-jan0, and it led me to the Project Paradise 0.03 Beta link

Earlier on afternoon I tried to open the TDU: Multiplayer Modification link in the TDU PP section, but to no avail. But I was trying to open it again a minute ago and managed to download the d3dx9.dll. Unfortunately, the aforementioned issue I'm having is still going on.
 

I also wanna ask because on the said thread there's a part mentioning d3dx9_43.dll. So is the d3dx9_43.dll vital (mandatory) for the game or it's optional?

Thanks for anyone who have replied AND who would reply to this on the upcoming times. I'll be sure to search for the solving!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

d3d9_43.dll isn't necessary for the game to work, but d3d9.dll is, and it comes packed with Platinum package. Don't download it from elsewhere, just follow my previous instructions, and if it doesn't work go tduckking in the forums (get it, googling but on TDuck).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I somehow think it's got something to do with my TDU version (got TDU Gold as mine, not from the suggested links). But still, the d3d9.dll is the only problem

I might as well keep TDucking, as you said lmao, until I really understand the problem as I saw earlier that many people had also came over this anyway

thx for the help, cheers~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2022 at 11:25 PM, Rigel said:

d3d9_43.dll isn't necessary for the game to work, but d3d9.dll is, and it comes packed with Platinum package. Don't download it from elsewhere, just follow my previous instructions, and if it doesn't work go tduckking in the forums (get it, googling but on TDuck).

Hey, after a few days (a week perhaps, idc about the time lol)

I managed to be able to open TDU Platinum (haven't play it thoroughly yet to make sure it runs properly)

So my personal advice in this, Do Not Use TDU GOLD from Repack-Mechanics lmao (more specific to be explained briefly below, as I am about to share a youtube tutorial link which correlates with the issue but just in case it's forbidden to share such things)

Just now, Kilomalik_TDU said:

Hey, after a few days (a week perhaps, idc about the time lol)

I managed to be able to open TDU Platinum (haven't play it thoroughly yet to make sure it runs properly)

So my personal advice in this, Do Not Use TDU GOLD from Repack-Mechanics lmao (more specific to be explained briefly below, as I am about to share a youtube tutorial link which correlates with the issue but just in case it's forbidden to share such things)

So yes, the specific (yet brief) advice is that I followed the tutorial AND download the main game from the suggested TDU Download link from the video creator, and it worked...

...but please take notes that I haven't put the update patch into the directory yet, but I will do it later.

So MY conclusion is the main game file you download would matter (since the first time I was having the 'black screen + dragged back to the desktop' problem, I used TDU Gold)

Thanks for every helping hand, I will try to patch the platinum mod with the update now and see if there's any problem

best regards y'all, have a great life...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, everything looks gorgeous and im dying to play it, but once i hit new game or continue game, i freeze on the loading screen in. i started the game before installing the mod just to skip to the realtor, but i changed my mind and decided i'd do everything in the mod. Once i had the mod installed, the game launches but i can't load in. I accidentally hit continue and the game loaded in one time, but i quit out and as soon as i did it broke something it seems. Any ideas? i dont have the update patches installed yet but the game did load once without them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dman said:

...

"loading screen" says exactly what or how it looks
"game launches but i can't load in" you mean the "loading screen"?
"broke something it seems" not happened to me, i killed/crashed the game many times and do not think it broken anything
"i dont have the update patches installed yet" - you should install all patches needed and not anything else out of stock game and platinum pack
i suggest checking for example this tutorial, and FAQ
in case you will realize what helped, share here what it was

Edited by vit-jan0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so i started playing TDU Platinum just a few days ago and so far i love it
But i have a question
Where can i get the BMW E31?
I cant seem to find it in any of the dealerships shown to have BMWs and it occured to me the vanilla game may not have enough dealer space to fit all the hundreads of cars, so now im wondering about that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kurjak said:

Alright, so i started playing TDU Platinum just a few days ago and so far i love it
But i have a question
Where can i get the BMW E31?
I cant seem to find it in any of the dealerships shown to have BMWs and it occured to me the vanilla game may not have enough dealer space to fit all the hundreads of cars, so now im wondering about that

It's around at the yellow circle (couldn't paste my ss for some reason so I used a random map from the net). It's a "bike" dealer though, you have to find all the car dealers first to visit there.

20220402235716.jpg

1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Milli changed the title to [RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - v1.21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...